Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 01:15 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,415,708 times

Advertisements

This was posted in the Seattle forum where it has generated quite a debate.

msnbc.com Video Player

I know that Bay Area police often have their share of issues too. What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 03:36 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,257,012 times
Yes. Definitely.

Breaking the law, attempting to resist arrest, having a friend help aid her escape, and general public disturbance, sounds like grounds for walloping her one upside her head.

He should have just tasered her though instead of wrestling with her and possibly giving her a chance to grab his weapon and use it against him.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:51 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,102,079 times
It isn't wrong to arrest her but guy has to be the least commanding officer I've seen in action.

Punching the girl in the face was obviously the wrong move. It's unnecessary, for one. Secondly, it set everyone in the area off. He's lucky no one decided to jump in since he was by himself.

He also couldn't get the hand cuffs on for a good 3-5 minutes.

Not good. Actually - pretty embarrassing.

But just in regards to punching her in the face? As a police officer, you're not supposed to do that lol Tackle her and put hand cuffs on her. Don't anger angry people anymore than they already are.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:56 PM

282 posts, read 382,904 times
I saw this in the Politics & Controversies forum and had to stop reading based on all the typical racist responses. That forum is a stormfront spin off, I have no doubt about it. Anyways, there is no justification for an adult male to punch a teenage female in the face. Anybody that tries to justify this is a moron. Call for back up or something. If that was a 17 year old white female who got punched there would be all sorts of support for the girl that you don't hit women. However in this case there is no anti woman punching, some people even think she should have gotten her face smashed into the curb. Obvious racists love this.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:56 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,257,012 times
Wrong.

Law enforcement officers are able to use the force necessary to defend themselves from attack from a belligerent suspect.

I don't think punching her was the most effective tactic, but it was definitely warranted. As for people jumping in, they wouldn't be that stupid. The officer would have every right to pull his firearm out and start dropping wannabe "thugs" left and right if he was getting jumped.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
It isn't wrong to arrest her but guy has to be the least commanding officer I've seen in action.

Punching the girl in the face was obviously the wrong move. It's unnecessary, for one. Secondly, it set everyone in the area off. He's lucky no one decided to jump in since he was by himself.

He also couldn't get the hand cuffs on for a good 3-5 minutes.

Not good. Actually - pretty embarrassing.

But just in regards to punching her in the face? As a police officer, you're not supposed to do that lol Tackle her and put hand cuffs on her. Don't anger angry people anymore than they already are.
This is pretty much what I said in the Seattle forum thread. I said he was lucky. I think if this had happened here in Ca. he'd be in the hospital right now. All he did was anger the people watching.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
I saw this in the Politics & Controversies forum and had to stop reading based on all the typical racist responses. That forum is a stormfront spin off, I have no doubt about it. Anyways, there is no justification for an adult male to punch a teenage female in the face. Anybody that tries to justify this is a moron. Call for back up or something. If that was a 17 year old white female who got punched there would be all sorts of support for the girl that you don't hit women. However in this case there is no anti woman punching, some people even think she should have gotten her face smashed into the curb. Obvious racists love this.
This is exacly why I don't post in that politics forum anymore. I can't handle it and I am glad our mods allow us to post here to some extent. Man you should check out the Seattle forum and chime in for sure.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:41 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,289,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
This was posted in the Seattle forum where it has generated quite a debate.

msnbc.com Video Player

I know that Bay Area police often have their share of issues too. What do you all think?
What's that old Chris Rock line about OJ and his wife? He shouldn't have punched her.... but I get it.

That age of near adulthood is incredibly obnoxious; a lot of kids that age feel they can get away with anything and those girls were out of control. I get to see this crap at work often (and I don't have to deal with it, thankfully -- all I do is clean) and frankly, if I had kids and they did this?

There's this thing called MILITARY SCHOOL.... till 25!

Old 06-16-2010, 04:47 PM

426 posts, read 792,319 times
Juvenile or not...when did it become ok to resist arrest? The friend that got punched went out of line to begin with in pushing the cop. Most people I know would never push a cop. The girl that was resisting the arrest was being difficult and you can tell he was trying to do his best in confining her and not throwing her to the ground like cops would in the first place!

Old 06-16-2010, 04:57 PM

282 posts, read 382,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
This is exacly why I don't post in that politics forum anymore. I can't handle it and I am glad our mods allow us to post here to some extent. Man you should check out the Seattle forum and chime in for sure.
Exactly, I may check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland