Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 10:14 PM

683 posts, read 4,617,136 times

Advertisements

My dad is working in SF one day this week and gets off at the Embarcadero Station. I'm thinking about riding with him, but I'd be on my own for most of the day while he goes to meetings. I don't want to do anything that costs money besides eating, but is there anything to do, or nice places to walk/lounge around this area? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 01:47 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,080,225 times
Well you can walk along the waterfront which is nice. Lots of restaurants at the ferry building, also Red's Java House is south of the BART station and further down Embarcadero, good place to get one of their unique burgers on french bread. Or you can walk north along the Embarcadero to Fisherman's Wharf and North Beach and Chinatown. Also you can walk over to Union Square and do shopping.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:33 PM

369 posts, read 1,095,673 times
Is the BART system a safe and easy way to get around the city? Does it run through South San Francisco. I think I have tried to look at the scheduling, and it is all very confusing to me. Is there somewhere I can find information on how late it runs and such? Looking to maybe take it from airport area to AT&T park. Thanks!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:38 PM

527 posts, read 1,577,294 times
It depends where you're coming from and where you're going to, but BART stops running around 12:30am. It does go to South San Francisco, but it takes awhile from downtown SF to get there, about half an hour. Here is the timetable for the Baypoint/Millbrae line: BART - Schedules By Line.

It's both safe and fairly easy - it has a display at every platform telling you where the next train is bound and in how many minutes it's coming. It's best to hop on the line which will be a direct route, even if it means you have to wait at the station a little longer so you don't have to transfer.

If you don't visit the city often, you may want to check out some areas other than those by Embarcadero. For example, SFMOMA is a couple blocks from Powell station, as is Union Square, which has plenty to check out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland