Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:13 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,482,823 times

Advertisements

Nothing like exploding snails to put a damper on things.

Quote:
The plaintiffs allege the gastronomical gastropods burst from their plate when cocktail forks were applied, resulting in a spray of hot garlic butter on their faces and polo shirts.

St.-OHarra, a 59-year-old Danville resident, claims the butter got into one of his tear ducts, causing temporary vision impairment. Righetti, 59, a San Rafael businessman who lives in Sonoma, claims the side of his nose was squirted.

"I was humiliated," said Righetti, who owns an automotive shop near the landmark Canal area restaurant. "I thought, 'Do I need this on my birthday?'"

St.-OHarra says the incident caused "a sense of genuine outrage."
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 08:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Nothing like exploding snails to put a damper on things.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1
And the sad thing, he will probably win his suit.

Nita

Old 11-16-2010, 10:22 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,985,793 times
I had a similar accident grilling a whole eggplant outside on my Weber! FYI- don't ever poke an eggplant while it's charring- it explodes. Dam* near blinded me and burned my face! I wonder if I can take those farmers to court for not putting a warning label on that vegetable.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:12 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,278,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I had a similar accident grilling a whole eggplant outside on my Weber! FYI- don't ever poke an eggplant while it's charring- it explodes. Dam* near blinded me and burned my face! I wonder if I can take those farmers to court for not putting a warning label on that vegetable.
Sorry, you cannot sue. When you poked the eggplant you made an illegal modification that puts it into the category of "assault eggplant," which is illegal in the state.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:17 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Unless the snail clearly said, "Stick a fork in me, I'm done" then it was a clear case of self defense and the two men should be charged with aggravated assault!

Old 11-16-2010, 11:20 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,009,038 times
We live in a pansified, litigious society.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
or sue Weber for not telling you hot hot the grill might get!!!

Nita

Old 11-16-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
We live in a pansified, litigious society.
The best escargot I've ever eaten was in a French restaurant in Roseville. I was looking forward to dining there agin when we visit family next year. But I can see it coming. Pâté de foie gras has already been banned thanks to John Burton, a Bay Area Democratic Senator. Next up, the Legislature will vote to ban escargot as a matter of health and safety.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:15 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,009,038 times
Hmmm... I missed SB1520, which is due to take effect in July 2012 for CA.
Had to look that one up: California foie gras law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll have to check out that restaurant in Roseville next time we're up that way. I've never tried escargot, but game for anything that gets such high praise for a certain locale.

and here's a snail joke:

A snail bought himself a snazzy fast car but took it in to get a more eye catching color. At the car paint shop, he asked that the car be painted neon yellow and have a large red ‘S’ printed on each side.

Confused, the worker asked, “Why a big ‘S’?”

Grinning, the snail replied, “When people see me drive past, they’ll notice and say, ‘Hey, look at that ‘S’ car go!’”

Old 11-16-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Hmmm... I missed SB1520, which is due to take effect in July 2012 for CA.
Had to look that one up: California foie gras law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll have to check out that restaurant in Roseville next time we're up that way. I've never tried escargot, but game for anything that gets such high praise for a certain locale.

and here's a snail joke:

A snail bought himself a snazzy fast car but took it in to get a more eye catching color. At the car paint shop, he asked that the car be painted neon yellow and have a large red ‘S’ printed on each side.

Confused, the worker asked, “Why a big ‘S’?”

Grinning, the snail replied, “When people see me drive past, they’ll notice and say, ‘Hey, look at that ‘S’ car go!’”

La Provence Restaurant & Terrace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland