Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:15 PM

13 posts, read 36,513 times

Advertisements

Anyone know much on the Union city, Alameda are? Where not to live or what parts are sketchy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 09:57 PM

100 posts, read 280,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedbean View Post
Anyone know much on the Union city, Alameda are? Where not to live or what parts are sketchy?
If you chose to live in Alameda, I'd say you'd have a hard time going wrong. Alameda is definitely one of the nicer cities in the Bay Area, and convenient since it's right next to the Oakland Airport. The only bad thing is BART doesn't go there since it's on an island.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:31 PM

52 posts, read 215,434 times
Alameda and Union City are nowhere near each other and not at all alike. Alameda is an island just off of Oakland - quiet, safe, tree-lined streets with lots of gorgeous old Victorians as well as newer developments, especially on Bay Farm Island where the Oakland airport is.

Union City is just north of Fremont (much closer to San Jose than to Oakland). It has no central "downtown" area. It is all newer suburban tract communities. Shopping is in strip malls. It's safe and is not a bad place, but nothing like Alameda.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:11 PM

7 posts, read 9,789 times
Very true. I live in Alameda. Its like 15 minutes away from Union City, and its very different

Old 10-22-2008, 03:29 PM

6 posts, read 19,657 times
Smile The Landings at Oak Hill

Check out the Landings at Oak Hill, less than 1 mile from I-85 at 4300 Flat Shoals Road. Beautiful apartment community on 45 acres with incredible landscaping and newly renovated apartments. Union City is incredibly convenient to Downtown Atlanta and the airport.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:50 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,156,794 times
wrong Union City

Old 04-12-2011, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,693 times
My husband, 2 young children and I are moving from a really small town in Michigan to the Bay area. I've never even been to California!! I am trying to figure out the best, safe, nice schools, maybe kind of quiet...places to live. I see this nice apartment in Union City an am wondering how the town is? Any advice?

Old 04-12-2011, 10:30 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimac View Post
My husband, 2 young children and I are moving from a really small town in Michigan to the Bay area. I've never even been to California!! I am trying to figure out the best, safe, nice schools, maybe kind of quiet...places to live. I see this nice apartment in Union City an am wondering how the town is? Any advice?
More details? Where will your jobs be located? Price range...etc. It's hard to give good answers without more info.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 AM

1,310 posts, read 4,139,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post

Union City is just north of Fremont (much closer to San Jose than to Oakland).
Thought I should correct this. Union City is actually the half way point between San Jose and Oakland. About 20 miles from the center of Union City to Downtown SJ or Downtown OAK. Although, Oakland actually feels closer because of the BART access from Union City.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:48 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,080,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Thought I should correct this. Union City is actually the half way point between San Jose and Oakland. About 20 miles from the center of Union City to Downtown SJ or Downtown OAK. Although, Oakland actually feels closer because of the BART access from Union City.
We've been waiting 3 years for this correction! Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland