Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 04:40 PM

457 posts, read 756,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
Yes,Seriously, we do not need giant festivals, celebrating how gay people are, what's the point? Do it in your private bedroom , I do not care, that is your private business, I know people who are homosexual, that we get along just great, but there is absolutely no need to have a giant party in honoring it is a little too much, do straight people have a parade ? I don't think so, some people just don't understand right from wrong, as far as making a big giant deal out of it, it's just idiotic if you ask me. Here's the problem, you have to have some limit to how far society is going it has nothing to do with being a "redneck" or "conservative" it has more to do with being more tolerant and ethical to what should be allowed and how far we should be "open minded enough " to accept such ridicule. We as a nation have become EXTREMELY tolerant and accepting to people who choose to do inappropriate things, it's almost like a NORM these days, it really scares me.

These days it's VERY MAINSTREAM, to do inappropriate things, it seems you get rewarded just for doing the wrong things It's like you steal a purse from an old lady, all of a sudden you are getting rewarded.. WHAT IS THAT?? Society should be moving forward not backwards! if we are that open to homosexuality and accepting it, than it makes me really wonder what 10 years from now will consist of. You will have your crack heads wanting there crack rights, and a day to celebrate crack, you will want your people who have sex with animals want there FREEDOM and rights, and there OWN parade, you will have crazy BUM DAY if we continue to go the path we are going.
I don't even know where to begin. You need first get your thoughts aligned. Your comparisons makes no sense. Homosexual lifestyle is comparable to someone stealing a purse?? You do get the difference between consensual and non-consensual right? Animals don't have a brain to decide..

"I don't think so, some people just don't understand right from wrong, as far as making a big giant deal out of it, it's just idiotic if you ask me. Here's the problem, you have to have some limit to how far society is going it has nothing to do with being a "redneck" or "conservative" it has more to do with being more tolerant and ethical to what should be allowed and how far we should be "open minded enough " to accept such ridicule. We as a nation have become EXTREMELY tolerant and accepting to people who choose to do inappropriate things, it's almost like a NORM these days, it really scares me."

And who should be the judge of how much should be allowed? You do realize that at some point various disadvantaged group were oppressed and it was quite acceptable to not allow african-americans and women to vote. They were also considered only 3/5ths of a person. I am sure the civil war, women's movement and civil rights movement had similar questions being asked - "should we be tolerant to allow women to vote? scary where society will end up". It's not for you and me to determine lifestyle choices of consensual adults. It is for them to decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 04:53 PM

484 posts, read 822,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode View Post
Fringe elements have always re-made society in human history. MLK was fringe and so were the founding fathers..
Except when they (e.g., NAMBLA) were stopped.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:32 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
it has more to do with being more tolerant...
Yet the rest of your rambling tirade bespeaks much the opposite.

Or are you just a mamysan sockpuppet stirring up shyte?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland