Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 03:03 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,077,874 times

Advertisements

Now that the weather is nicer I'm going to try and ride my bike more in the East Bay hills, a couple weekends ago I did the Contra Costa Canal Trail which is pretty good, and afterward went to downtown WC to look for a bite to eat and then got on BART. I've only been to WC a couple times so I don't really know what to look for. I ended up at a mediterranean place, I think called the Gold Coast or something like that, it was ok but a bit more than I really wanted to pay, but they did have good wine and tabouleh.

So yeah any recommendations for somewhere that would be good to eat at after a long bike ride, maybe good sandwiches, pizza, pasta, that isn't too expensive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 04:01 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
The Cheesesteak Shop is one of my favorite places, by far some of the best cheesesteaks I've had in CA.

Genova's is one of my favorite deli's, great Italian style deli.

The Counter has good burgers, a bit overpriced but not outrageous.

The Habit, nothing that special but good burgers/sandwiches, kind of like In-n-Out.

Last edited by sav858; 06-10-2011 at 05:14 PM..

Old 06-10-2011, 06:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Tomatina is also pretty good. We didn't have pizza, we had entrees and they were tasty (it is a mini bay area chain). I liked the cuban place, Havana (Habana?) not sure if that's more than you want to spend. There is also Pyramid Brewery downtown (same menu as in Berkeley) and also an afgan or persian place called Roya. (pretty good, but not the best ever!).

Old 06-11-2011, 03:31 PM

3,469 posts, read 5,262,281 times
THere are like 100 restaurants in Walnut Creek. I also like Tomatina, and I like Fujian for Japanese food. There are a lot of chains around the mall, like Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's, etc. if you're so inclined. You can check out Tender Greens (I think that's what it's called), which is an upscale salad and sandwich place that's a bit gourmet, which just opened downtown. They're originally from San Diego. Sasa is supposed to be an amazing Izakaya place, a bit pricey though. Maria Maria is a fun trendy Mexican place with ok food but a nice patio on the creek. Really, I could go on and on. Just walk around and try them!

Old 06-11-2011, 04:07 PM

I won't have time to bike again this weekend (it's a bit chillier and windier than I'd like today and I will be watching the NBA Finals game tomorrow) but I'll probably go next weekend and look into some of these places. Yeah there are a ton of places to go which is why I wanted some recommendations. It really is kind of impressive, I don't get why WC isn't brought up more often as a suburban community with lots of condos and commercial stuff near its transit hub, other suburbs like SSF and San Bruno seem to be trying to do this and get talked about, but WC did it years ago.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:55 AM

675 posts, read 1,190,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
The Cheesesteak Shop is one of my favorite places, by far some of the best cheesesteaks I've had in CA.

Genova's is one of my favorite deli's, great Italian style deli.

The Counter has good burgers, a bit overpriced but not outrageous.

The Habit, nothing that special but good burgers/sandwiches, kind of like In-n-Out.

MMMM Genova's, that place is heaven ! Must try The Habit, I'm a big In N Out fan.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:22 PM

Well thanks for the recommendations...I did a ride on the CC Canal Trail and ended up at the Habit...quite a nice cheap burger place. And man was it HOT out there in Concord/Walnut Creek, at least 90. I haven't biked in weather that warm in a while. I might try the Counter next time. Also Genova must be the same as the one here in North Oakland...it's a pretty good deli but I don't really care for their sandwich bread. But in a pinch it's a good place to get a decent sandwich.

Here's some pics from the Canal Trail I took today...pretty much the only really scenic parts, other than that the trail mainly goes through suburban areas.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:36 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
Nice pictures.

Sometime you'll have to cruise by my office. Right across the street is Skippolini's, an adorable little pizza parlor (I am harsh on California pizza but have an affinity for Skippolini's in WC and Clayton, Cenario's in Solano County, and ... wait for it... Costco.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland