Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 03:43 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
If you thought Sac fought tooth and nail for the Kings
Nobody thought that, in fact it didn't seem like they really cared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 11:24 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Nobody thought that, in fact it didn't seem like they really cared.
Plenty of people thought that and a lot of people cared. Just because you have absolutely no clue as to what is going on in the sports world, does not mean others are in the same boat

Old 07-25-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Plenty of people thought that and a lot of people cared. Just because you have absolutely no clue as to what is going on in the sports world, does not mean others are in the same boat
I know plenty about the NBA, but keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to get through the day about people you don't know, you usually do. It's pretty comical how you always try to act like some expert on every issue you talk about.

Last edited by sav858; 07-25-2011 at 12:49 AM..

Old 07-25-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
I know plenty about the NBA, but keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to get through the day about people you don't know, you usually do. It's pretty comical how you always try to act like some expert on every issue you talk about.

The only thing that is comical is your nonsensical sports commentary that never has any factual basis. Kind of like your "The giants will never win a world series" post that you made like 8 months before they went on to win the World Series. Or your odd fantasy that I was a cubs fan..

I'll listen when you talk about an MC hammer bobble head or a Suzuki Jersey give away when it comes to sports, but that's about it. Most of your posts are decent and factual, but sports for what ever reason does not seem to be your forte.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:13 AM

Quote:
The only thing that is comical is your nonsensical sports commentary that never has any factual basis. Kind of like your "The giants will never win a world series" post that you made like 8 months before they went on to win the World Series. Or your odd fantasy that I was a cubs fan..

I'll listen when you talk about an MC hammer bobble head or a Suzuki Jersey give away when it comes to sports, but that's about it. Most of your posts are decent and factual, but sports for what ever reason does not seem to be your forte.
HA, Me not WANTING the Giants to win a WS was more of a personal wish, it's not that I actually thought they weren't capable but yeah I never expected to them to make it as far as they did and neither did most people. Given my bias against the Giants I thought it was pretty obvious I was just trash talking but A LOT of people didn't think they could win it, they were the underdog the entire time pretty much. They barely even made it into the playoffs, virtually no one thought they would win the WS let alone make it to one. And yeah I did make an assumption about you being a Cubs fan because of most people who are Bears and Bulls fans usually root for a Chicago baseball team as well, don't they?

Also I don't recall talking about a Suzuki jersey giveaway ever, so not sure what fantasy you have going on there. And I never claimed to know about all sports but I follow NBA a lot more than any other sport.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
HA, Me not WANTING the Giants to win a WS was more of a personal wish, it's not that I actually thought they weren't capable but yeah I never expected to them to make it as far as they did and neither did most people. Given my bias against the Giants I thought it was pretty obvious I was just trash talking but A LOT of people didn't think they could win it, they were the underdog the entire time pretty much. They barely even made it into the playoffs, virtually no one thought they would win the WS let alone make it to one. And yeah I did make an assumption about you being a Cubs fan because of most people who are Bears and Bulls fans usually root for a Chicago baseball team as well, don't they?

Also I don't recall talking about a Suzuki jersey giveaway ever, so not sure what fantasy you have going on there.
And I never claimed to know about all sports but I follow NBA a lot more than any other sport.
My point is the only type of sports dialect you seem to be able to have is the sophomoric banter reserved for casual fans.. ie "your team will never win a WS, you guys have a band waggon following, blah blah". That and you talk about give a ways, which are of course meant to entice casual fans.

But when me and Parti are say debating the merit of Trevor Cahills starts and whether or not he is worthy of a cy young, or discussing the productivity of Jack Custs OBP from walks vs Matsui's situational hitting you are of course no where to be found.

If you want to support your claims with facts, that's fine. I'm all eyes.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
My point is the only type of sports dialect you seem to be able to have is the sophomoric banter reserved for casual fans.. ie "your team will never win a WS, you guys have a band waggon following, blah blah". That and you talk about give a ways, which are of course meant to entice casual fans.

But when me and Parti are say debating the merit of Trevor Cahills starts and whether or not he is worthy of a cy young, or discussing the productivity of Jack Custs OBP from walks vs Matsui's situational hitting you are of course no where to be found.

If you want to support your claims with facts, that's fine. I'm all eyes.
When it comes to baseball and football, yeah I don't follow those nearly as closely as the NBA and never claimed to so you won't find me saying a ton about them. And NBA really isn't brought up on here.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
When it comes to baseball and football, yeah I don't follow those nearly as closely as the NBA and never claimed to so you won't find me saying a ton about them. And NBA really isn't brought up on here.
That's good and fine. But there is a lot of information available out there showing sacs fight for the kings. I can understand that as a lakers fan you were more concerned with winning, as a bulls fan I can relate, but really the information is out there.

Local sac residents we're going down to orange county to get nimbys to sign a petition forcing a vote on the issue. An Anaheim city council member had to get on the news and plead with residents to " not sign the out of town petition ".The city council having the city attorney draft a letter of demand and threatening legal action against anahiem. You had the local corporate base(whos numbers can be described as marginal at best, puny at worst) pledging millions of dollars in new sponsor ships.

You had the mayor getting in face time with with sympathetic owners like Jordan and Jay Z, never mind the fact that he found a random billionaire who pledged to put in money for the stadium, or even buy the team outright if need be. You had local assemblymen introducing bills on the capitol that would force the Maloofs to pay back a its debt to Sac in full if they wanted to move.

I mean really I don't see how one could honestly not see how sac fought. Mayor Johnson pretty much tried every trick in the book. They stood up to the Maloofs who had a billionaire ready to finance the move and the renovations for the stadium down there. Compare that to say the owner of the Hornets who was ran out of town with his team rather promptly after a scandal. Or the Super Sonics where ownership changed hands. The team set up shop in Oklahoma so fast the ink was still wet!

If "cowtown" sac can do it, Oakland with all its resources should be able to pull this off. It's win win for A's fans too. They can take a wrecking ball to mt davis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland