Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:28 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forker View Post
Whoop-de-doo!!!

So does that make Beverly Hills a nice place then?
Just because famous people live there?

Dave McCarty, Bubba Paris, Bill Romanowski -- never heard of these guys, don't care.

Al Davis-- Is insane, and has to be there because his awful football team is from Oakland.

Tre Cool, Billie Joe Armstrong -- Washed up. Never liked them in the first place honestly. Pop punk, is bad music.

Peter Docter -- Is rumored to be moving to Marin/Novato very soon.

Anything else guys?

I don't think of Assault and Residential Burglary as "petty crimes". Only someone who lives in the East Bay would think that, because they are so used to crimes happening all the time.
You have no idea what you are talking about and you are not really helping the OP so what is your point?
You don't live anywhere near the areas being discussed so I wonder why you're here at all, except to air your bigoted hysteria...I'm sure there's some room for your attitude somewhere ELSE on CD. try the politics forum maybe.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:47 PM

655 posts, read 1,983,903 times
Also, the OP posted this TWO YEARS AGO! I'm sure s/he has long since settled on a place to live.

This whole conversation is getting rather ridiculous.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:50 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis78 View Post
Also, the OP posted this TWO YEARS AGO! I'm sure s/he has long since settled on a place to live.

This whole conversation is getting rather ridiculous.
LOL!

Oops! The devil is in the details...(not Oakland)

Old 04-16-2009, 11:54 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E14 View Post
Forker, if everywhere is too dangerous for you, where would you like to live?
Probably anywhere but Oakland, or any other high-crime place. Thats most people anyways. Don't know about you guys.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:55 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about and you are not really helping the OP so what is your point?
You don't live anywhere near the areas being discussed so I wonder why you're here at all, except to air your bigoted hysteria...I'm sure there's some room for your attitude somewhere ELSE on CD. try the politics forum maybe.
If all your saying that a place is bad how is that "bigotry"? Help me out here.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:27 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
i really enjoy posting about the affluence and $million/multi million dollar homes in the oakland hills as it generates irrational and ignorant posts from oakland bashers as they try to argue these neighborhoods don't exist or are unsafe.i have come to believe this invariable response is from the poster feelings of inadequecy due to their own lack of professional and financial success.as for these areas being unsafe crocker highlands ,claremont pines,broadway terrace,mountclair etc. are 6-9 MILES away from the dangerous areas of east and west oakland.compare that to the affluent noe nalley which is 8-10 BLOCKS from scores of murders in the mission or the affluent nob hill which is 5-6 BLOCKS from the many homicides in the tenderloin.these posters have little if any knowledge of oakland

Old 04-17-2009, 06:39 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,920 times
^5

and I enjoy posting and reading about the great areas in Oakland that one may live that are "affordable". ;-) Crocker Highlands == great, but you can also live in a safe, lovely neighborhood for about 2/3 the price of what you will find in those neighborhoods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
i really enjoy posting about the affluence and $million/multi million dollar homes in the oakland hills as it generates irrational and ignorant posts from oakland bashers as they try to argue these neighborhoods don't exist or are unsafe.i have come to believe this invariable response is from the poster feelings of inadequecy due to their own lack of professional and financial success.as for these areas being unsafe crocker highlands ,claremont pines,broadway terrace,mountclair etc. are 6-9 MILES away from the dangerous areas of east and west oakland.compare that to the affluent noe nalley which is 8-10 BLOCKS from scores of murders in the mission or the affluent nob hill which is 5-6 BLOCKS from the many homicides in the tenderloin.these posters have little if any knowledge of oakland

Old 04-17-2009, 10:35 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
It's obvious that forker is our good old troll, Oaklandsucks, using the same old outdated youtube video to trash Oakland.... don't feed the troll, people.... report him.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:10 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
Forker, is an interesting characther who has PM'D me several times. He primarily hated the entire bay area and didn't find any area that he liked. He called Walnut Creek, Albany, El Cerritto, and Berkeley dangerous and faulted me fore recommending those areas to others. He first told me that he now lives in Santa Clarita then said he lives in Burbank and it is the best place on earth. Don't know anyone personally that either has lived there and or visited Burbank that thinks that way. Burbank has always been a stepping stone to some place better.

Then he told me he lived in the bay area for 3 years and all of his years he claims to have lived in Berkeley according to his responses he sent me. Now on this thread he claims otherwise.

I am not a big fan of Oakland and it has its great parts and bad parts and I can't paint a picture of it to be perfect or totally crime ridden (and I do have my share of experiences). Sure Oakland has its hills, and yes Piedmont is surrounded by Oakland but the nicer part and no Oakland isn't perfect, of course it has a huge crime problem (is this news to anyone). But Forker can you ever stay on point with the original poster's question? Are there any parts of the bay you do like?

Anyways, the thread is old so move on.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:31 PM

113 posts, read 343,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
He first told me that he now lives in Santa Clarita then said he lives in Burbank and it is the best place on earth. Don't know anyone personally that either has lived there and or visited Burbank that thinks that way. Burbank has always been a stepping stone to some place better...Then he told me he lived in the bay area for 3 years and all of his years he claims to have lived in Berkeley according to his responses he sent me. Now on this thread he claims otherwise... But Forker can you ever stay on point with the original poster's question? Are there any parts of the bay you do like?

Anyways, the thread is old so move on.
You have obviously misunderstood me.

1. I lived in Berkeley for a few years, that is near Oakland, is it not? I never claimed anything other than that.
2. I have never claimed that I am currently living anywhere other than Burbank. Just because you misunderstood me, that is not my fault.
3. There is no proof that I am this other person that you say I am other than that we have similar opinions.

The topic was about helping the poster avoid the bad areas of Oakland and Berkeley. My opinion was that the entire regions of both Oakland and Berekeley are bad areas. That is on the subject of the topic.

I mentioned issues of public drug use as one of the factors in what made the areas bad. Certain posters came back with the idea that public drug use is no big deal. I disagreed and gave my opinions on the subject. Then another poster posted very selective photos of "nice" houses in Oakland. I then pointed out the fault of those photos was that there was no context to the neighborhood. There are many bad areas of Berkeley that you could take a "nice photo" of a house in, but that doesn't make it a nice neighborhood.

My opinions are not irrational, they are well thought out and I have provided evidence to back them up. It is not my fault that certain people here have a problem comprehending what I have written. I am writing from experience, I have not lied about living in the East Bay. My specific stories about instances in specific areas are proof positive of that.

If you wish to say Burbank is an area "to move on from", suggesting that Walnut Creek is a better a "destination". I would wholeheartedly disagree with you. Walnut Creek is a mere shadow of a town compared to most places here in the valley. That's the hard truth.
Warner Bros., Disney, The Tonight Show, Elektra Records, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon are all located in Burbank., with Universal and DreamWorks Animation located close by in Studio City and Glendale respectively. Burbank is a destination city, especially for those interested in the entertainment industry. Walnut Creek is a miniscule suburb compared to it, with nothing going on other than a strip mall.

Oakland/Berkeley is not a nice place.
Check out Ashby avenue, or San Pablo Ave. and you will see that those streets speak for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland