Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 12:47 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times

Advertisements

Not sure where this inn is in Hayward but I would avoid it. I really don't think it's the place to hang if visiting SF unless you know people in the East Bay. There must be a closer hotel for you.

Nothing against Hayward seeing as though I am in Hayward right now, but it's not fun touristy, it's blue collar workers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
hey guys, hope you can help on a situation im in,

im gonna be visiting san fran for the first time this weekend. i'm excited and can't wait to make it up there. the only thing is i have some marriott rewards points that i plan to use for the two nights i'm there. i didn't have enough points for a hotel in the smack middle of the city, but noticed i could stay at a fairfield inn in hayward. when i tell people i'm staying there they get make an uneasy facial expression and tell me not to stay there.

i understand there are sketchy areas and some should be avoided, but do you think it's worth staying there or should i just find a hotel in san fran? if i stay there i don't have to spend any money on hotels, plus reviews seem ok and its right off the freeway.

i'm also curious how long it would take to get into san fran, and how roads/tolls are because i noticed some as i'll have a rental when i'm there.

your advice is appreciated, thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 12:49 PM

Oh is this on Industrial? It's fine, there are people racing cars on the weekends and evenings sometimes. Squealing and ****.. but otherwise not much crime because no one is there at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Staying in Hayward is a good idea if you get a free hotel. The Fairfield Inn by SFO will be at a higher points award level. The Hayward location is in a safe although deserted on weekends office park type area. It is very convenient to the San Mateo Bridge. It is a $5 toll going westbound. The weekend traffic on this bridge is a lot lighter than traffic on the Bay Bridge. You can easily drive across the bridge and up the 101 into SF.

You could also drive to the Hayward Bart station from here,park your car and take the train to downtown SF if you do not want to drive in SF.

BART - Hayward

I suggest taking Bart to SF downtown for a day to see the downtown area,Chinatown,Ferry Building,North Beach and Fisherman's Wharf. On your second day drive up the scenic 280 freeway and take 35 N up the coast to explore the western part of the city including Golden Gate Park and the Legion of Honor. The western half of the city is much easier to drive and park in,especially if you are smart enough to avoid driving 19th ave.

Avoid driving the 880 North on Sunday afternoon. It is the Raiders home opener!

Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM

Val's, umm, Shoreline interpretive center, Sulphur Creek, Sonic, La Pinata #1, Kyoko Sushi, A street Target is better than Dublin and Livermore, not as good as San Ramon. Although the new Dublin one is gonna be pretty sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Ding ding ding! There are pretty much now redeeming qualities of Hayward other than location.

A suburb with generally crappy restaurants, a crappy mall, and relatively high crime. What's the point?

(I like the Panera, Tomodachi and Buffalo Bills in Hayward. Oh the Target is nice. And I am jealous they are geting a Fresh and Easy. End of likes.)

Old 09-23-2011, 01:23 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,410 times
The good parts of Hayward are in the hills by Cal State East Bay, and the area by Chabot College. Still, your quite far from SF for simply visiting. You would be better off in South San Francisco if you don't want to pay city prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland