Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 03:03 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,989,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post

....and you automatically get 10 reps when you join c-d. lol.

Shhhh...we might have lucked out and gotten on someone's long list of ignored posters! Keep fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 03:54 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternationalOrange View Post
Has anyone seen the Pinkman unicycle guy?
I knew the guy...he did handyman work around town when out of character.f

Anyone remember "Rare"?

Old 04-24-2012, 04:02 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Hopeful View Post
Now could someone please remind me why San Francisco is such a "beloved" and "wonderful" city again? With the prices you people pay to live in such "luxury", you figure they'd clean up the streets and leave all the trash on the other side of the Bay in Oakland where it belongs. Just saying.
I was in Philly last year. Its decrepit ghetto areas make Oakland and San Francisco's look like Rodeo Drive. But anyway, you're off-topic.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:04 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
Well, you basically say something negative about Oakland, even slightly negative will do (i.e - "Rockridge's crime rate is climbing recently according to recent crime statistics.").

Regardless of the fact that your claim may be backed up by verifiable statistics, and even if your intent was simply to discuss the topic, be prepared to be followed from thread to thread by Oaklanders, mostly sensitive types, and be called "troll", "hater", "racist", "outsider", "black people hater", etc.

Also be prepared to read incessant stories of Oaklanders who leave their doors completely open during the night, while listening to mocking birds sing, and sipping tea while sitting in their rocking chairs. Although anecdotal and completely unverified, this will be seen by Oaklanders as more accurate and completely truthful compared to FBI reported statistics that report otherwise. Even stories from other Oaklanders that are slightly negative are simply ignored in favor of positive anecdotal fairy tales.

Of course, you have the option to respond to them and get into their game of keybord warfare, but the best approach is to simply give them a free membership to your ignore list, especially for the uber-Oakland defenders who will continue to follow you even into other sub-forums outside of the SF Bay Area forum.

If you can handle ALL of that intricacy, then I'd say you're ready to do battle with the Oakland gang that roves this sub-forum, which is arguably better than doing battle with the actual violent gangs that roam in Oakland's sketchier hoods (still undecided on that comparison myself).
JUST

LEAVE

IT

ALONE

This is turning into such a deep, disturbing obsession, it's positively Fantastic. Enough already. Maybe this never-ending barrage of repetitive posts deserves nomination into the 'craziest things I've seen' Hall of Fame.

We already have our own Frank Chu in C-D squarely in The Hall: The enigmatic hsw. To be joined by Ignore-matic?

Whoopeee! Post #3,000!

Old 04-24-2012, 05:21 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,011,513 times
See my point Philadelphia Hopeful?

That's what... 4 or 5 who came out of the wood works just because "Oakland" was mentioned. That's sort of how it goes around here.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:07 PM

21,545 posts, read 8,727,966 times
The craziest thing I ever saw in San Francisco was four transvestite "nuns," each in a different brightly colored satin habit with whiteface and false eyelashes, cruising down Market Street crammed inside a Volkswagen Beetle. I think a couple of them had beards.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
A lady who stood at the corner of Ralston and El Camino for years, with a series of hand made signs that had unreadable run-together strings of words. From what I could tell driving by, it was some sort of Jehova Witness based theology / prophecy but I don't think she's a mainline JW. Lots of stuff about NWO themes, etc. You know the drill.

They finally did some sort of cease and desist order to get her out of there. She's since relocated to Whipple and Veterans (different jurisdiction, Redwood City vs the previous Belmont location).

Old 04-24-2012, 06:30 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,915,578 times
The craziest thing I ever saw in SF was a huge homeless guy picking up a businessman in a suit from behind and shaking him like a rag doll. He then set him back down and asked for spare change.

The homeless guy was dressed in hefty garbage bags and looked like he hadn't had a haircut (or shower) in over 20 years.

Last edited by wrcousert; 04-24-2012 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-24-2012, 06:35 PM

295 posts, read 461,533 times
HAHA he was shaking him to see if he had any change on him.........................then he asked for it. haha excellent strategy for garbage bag man.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:03 PM

75 posts, read 204,571 times
During Gay Pride, a fat guy jumped up on a bus shelter, shed his clothes and tried to jerk off...only his member remembered limp the entire time. He was the subject of ridicule...and strangely no cops bothered to intervene. That, and an insane guy who burst out of the back of a bus in front of me. He was high as a kite and tried to start a fight with me (I was just walking innocently down the sidewalk in Berkeley) while some wanker shopkeepers came out to watch the hullabaloo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland