Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 01:15 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,924,786 times

Advertisements

In the past there have been a few hotels I have stayed at that accepted a cash deposit at check in and refunded the cash deposit at check out. These hotels are Motel 6 San Francisco on Greary street, The Handlery Hotel on Geary Street and Motel 6 in Walnut Creek,CA

I have visited San Francisco many many times and have enjoyed visiting the city.

The motel 6 on Geary in the Tenderlion I didn't like becuase at night I almost got jumped less than a block from the hotel. The Handlery is too expensive and out of my price range. The motel 6 in Walnut Creek fits my budget but its a 30-35 minute BART ride into San Francisco from Walnut Creek.

I also will need a place with parking that is safe.

I don't like hostels.

My budget is between $60-$90 a night. I need a place in this price range that accepts cash deposisits instead of a credit card and a place in a safe area. Walnut Creek is safe and offers free parking but the BART ride can be a pain.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 01:56 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,943,651 times
There are hotels/motels by SFO that offer free parking and are definitely within $60-$90. However, they will require a credit card. You could try calling CitiGarden Hotel and see if they are willing to accept a cash deposit. They are on par with a motel 6.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,296,878 times
Check this place out. I've noticed that they no longer post their room-rates, which is something I despise in a hotel website.

But I've stayed there many years ago and the rates were comparatively cheap, and it was clean and well-maintained. However, the bathrooms are shared (but were kept clean), and if you want a room with a sink then make sure you request it. The rooms are small but it all depends on what you want. I always paid cash, although they might have wanted credit card info up front for security reasons (not sure). Great location, though.

What I cannot remember about this establishment is whether or not there is street parking around there.

San Remo Hotel- North Beach San Francisco Hotel- Historic San Francisco Hotels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland