Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 61,266 times

Advertisements

I was reading through here, and some people said that Concord is a bad place to live. I live here, right off of the Four Corners/Meadow LN. I admit there is some crime, but compared to other places, is it that bad a place to live? I've lived here my whole life, so I have no clue what other places are like. If you've lived here, and somewhere else, could you compare the two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 08:44 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,421 times
Concord isn't horrible, but it is less desirable than other areas. I doubt you would be a victim of a crime, unless you were asking for it. More than likely, you would be safe at all times in Concord.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:45 PM

2 posts, read 61,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Concord isn't horrible, but it is less desirable than other areas. I doubt you would be a victim of a crime, unless you were asking for it. More than likely, you would be safe at all times in Concord.
That's how I've always seen it. But some people act as if it's the ghetto. It's never really seemed that bad to me.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:21 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,143,792 times
No way is Concord the ghetto - give that name to the bad parts of Pittsburg or Richmond. But just going by the numbers, the crime rate has been increasing year after year.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:14 AM

17 posts, read 72,144 times
I lived in Concord for 16 years and it is not ghetto. Concord is a nice place to live. I do remember the area off Detroit Ave and Monument Blvd were considered the "bad" areas. But other than that, Concord is nice.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:52 AM

718 posts, read 2,687,669 times
People make concord out to be soo bad its nutts. They obviously have never been to antioch.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:14 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,172,734 times
When we were looking to buy in Concord we found a nice house in an area that was considered "bad" by other Concord residents. We stopped by the police station to see what they had to say. They read us a list of all the crimes in the area for the last 3 months. Needing something to compare it with we had them look up the crime for my in-laws who live in a more desirable area of Concord and have never experienced crime in the 20 odd years they've lived there. Turns out the in-laws live in an area with more crime. We dropped by their house and had fun telling them what a "ghetto" they lived in.

I guess the moral of the story is you can't judge a place by the looks of it and shouldn't judge it solely based on its reputation.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:06 PM

14 posts, read 96,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
not true, ive been in a zillion altercations livin out here mindin my own bizness, so it depends, but concord isnt as bad as areas like oakland, richmond, hunters point san francisco, but it isnt the best place in the world, especially around detroit ave, monument, frisbee ct., where u live(lol), virginia ln, so on n so forth, so yea thas it

Old 05-30-2011, 02:14 AM

2 posts, read 28,658 times
I grew up in Concord and went to Clayton Valley High School, graduating in 2008. I've also lived in Fullerton, CA and Boise, ID. Crime in Concord seems to be way worse than in the other two cities I've lived in. Drugs are rampant and there's a lot of gang activity. Concord also has a terrible reputation among people from other Bay Area cities. The bad rap is for a good reason. I honestly been shot at. They weren't aiming for me, but for one of the guys I was hanging out with. It was over ten ounces of weed. I also knew a guy who was recently stabbed and killed because he stepped on a guys sneakers. I will never live in Concord again. Don't where red or blue at night, and NEVER where a red or blue belt, because you run the risk of being jumped by Nortes or Sorrenos. The gang violence in Concord has gotten way out of hand. It seems like the entire Bay Area is going in that direction too. It's very sad considering the Bay Area was, at one time, a great place to live. It's gotten pathetic honestly. The average IQ in Concord must be well below 100. People are just straight stupid.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:13 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gswhoopsfan08 View Post
I grew up in Concord and went to Clayton Valley High School, graduating in 2008. I've also lived in Fullerton, CA and Boise, ID. Crime in Concord seems to be way worse than in the other two cities I've lived in. Drugs are rampant and there's a lot of gang activity. Concord also has a terrible reputation among people from other Bay Area cities. The bad rap is for a good reason. I honestly been shot at. They weren't aiming for me, but for one of the guys I was hanging out with. It was over ten ounces of weed. I also knew a guy who was recently stabbed and killed because he stepped on a guys sneakers. I will never live in Concord again. Don't where red or blue at night, and NEVER where a red or blue belt, because you run the risk of being jumped by Nortes or Sorrenos. The gang violence in Concord has gotten way out of hand. It seems like the entire Bay Area is going in that direction too. It's very sad considering the Bay Area was, at one time, a great place to live. It's gotten pathetic honestly. The average IQ in Concord must be well below 100. People are just straight stupid.
Like any city of more than 100,000 people, there are good areas and bad. Areas near Monument Blvd are especially bad, but as you get closer to Clayton and Walnut Creek, there are better areas for sure. And like in any city, gang activity is highly concentrated and not city-wide.

The fact that you think it's no big deal to carry around well over a half POUND of weed (a criminal felony) is exactly why bad neighborhoods are getting worse. Nobody uses that much weed for personal medicinal purposes, so unless your buddy is giving it away as stocking stuffers, I'd guess he's dealing. How can you expect your neighborhood to be safe and family-friendly when your friends are contributing to the problems?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland