Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 01:52 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,993,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Sf diversity =white, gay, asian. With latinos busing your dishes at your favorite foodie joint. Mean while new york is more diverse and less segregated than sf.

Oh and income disparity is not diversity. In fact it is the opposite. Only rich and poor, with nothing in the middle.

Accept that fact that nyc outclasses sf in everything that matters, and move on.
NYC outdoes SF in a lot of areas, but not in everything that matters. Quality of Life? SF hands down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 02:54 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
With that said, NYC, like SF, is small and dense and involves a lot of public transportation--so that, while residential segregation may be high, contact is not necessarily low.
I agree, as a tourist at least, NYC doesn't feel as segregated as it is on paper. And when I say NYC I mean Manhattan and a little bit of Brooklyn lol. Sf doesn't "feel" that segregated to me either, I think you see a good mix when walking around. Of course when everyone goes home then it's more apparent. One city that definitely feels segregated even as a tourist despite being dense and having a lot of public transit use is Chicago. Was kind of surprised by how few minorities you see in the more popular areas of the city.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:50 PM

474 posts, read 530,996 times
Quote:
Sf diversity =white, gay, asian. With latinos busing your dishes at your favorite foodie joint. Mean while new york is more diverse and less segregated than sf.

Oh and income disparity is not diversity. In fact it is the opposite. Only rich and poor, with nothing in the middle.

Accept that fact that nyc outclasses sf in everything that matters, and move on.
Less segregated? Please, tell me how New York just absolutely "outclasses" San Francisco when its Asian residents are confined to Queens and Chinatown, the Bronx is just about all Hispanic, Manhattan and Staten Island are 65-70% white, and Brooklyn's residents are confined to divided ethnic communities.

Last edited by garyjohnyang; 03-27-2014 at 06:11 PM..

Old 03-27-2014, 07:03 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,238,078 times
Quote:
Spoken like someone who hasn't spent much time in nyc.

Nice try, sf has 48k black population. There are suburbs back east with more blacks than that. Go to sleep.
Where did I say anything about NYC? I was talking about SF, because you said there are "no black people" in SF. Which is quite obviously wrong. Therefore, I corrected you. You have a problem with that?

And 48,000 vs. 50,000...wow, such a big difference! You have heard of rounding off numbers, haven't you?

Old 03-28-2014, 04:55 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Where did I say anything about NYC? I was talking about SF, because you said there are "no black people" in SF. Which is quite obviously wrong. Therefore, I corrected you. You have a problem with that?

And 48,000 vs. 50,000...wow, such a big difference! You have heard of rounding off numbers, haven't you?
Lol keep reaching young buck, maybe you will grow an inch or two, lololol.

Sf is a small time, puny, starter city, for suburban bread swpl types. Nyc is the real deal, like chicago.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:09 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,136,325 times
Quote:
Lol keep reaching young buck, maybe you will grow an inch or two, lololol.

Sf is a small time, puny, starter city, for suburban bread swpl types. Nyc is the real deal, like chicago.
Heh, "San Leandro".

So many interesting perspectives from the Oakland suburbs... One of the lesser suburbs at that.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Heh, "San Leandro".

So many interesting perspectives from the Oakland suburbs... One of the lesser suburbs at that.
I like my neighborhood in the hills just fine. And we have more diversity than sf, which probably is a result of being next to oakland.

Lesser? Says the person who pays a landlord a monthly check. Unless you own property in sf, you are just a peasant trying too hard.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Heh, "San Leandro".

Also, considering median family incomes are nearly identical in sf and san leandro, I suppose that makes sf a lesser city, no? Lolololol

Old 03-30-2014, 07:43 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Defensive much?

Old 03-30-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Defensive much?
No more than you are about the town.

Owning in oakland, and dealing with pompus phony sf renters, I bet you can relate. After all, you said you got outbid on san leandro home. So I am sure you are aware of what we offer (and it sure as heck ain't milquetoast).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland