Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:11 AM

463 posts, read 647,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliano View Post
Over 30% of SF households make less than 35K a year, according to the last census. According to the 2004 ACS, over 10% of SF residents live below the poverty line. The 2006 ACS suggests that almost 30% of SF households make less than 35K a year. It sounds like you don't really know what you're talking about, and just have an agenda to dis the city.

Those statistics dont mean anything. San Fran has the highest median family income out of any major city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Haha, you're such a phony. Now you're co-opting NYC slang. Can't a "premiere" city come up with it's own elitist, xenophobic terminology?

Exactly, she is just another typical san fransiscan. Not born here, claiming residency, and bashing working class folks.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:56 PM

358 posts, read 1,916,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Those statistics dont mean anything.
Well then, let's just make up whatever bull**** we want, since factual information doesn't mean anything!

Quote:
San Fran has the highest median family income out of any major city.
How does the median family income matter? I don't see how the fact that a lot of wealthy people live in SF discounts the fact that a lot of working class families live there too (haven't been "priced out" as you so certainly declared).

Old 12-20-2007, 01:58 PM

302 posts, read 933,608 times
Quote:
How does the median family income matter? I don't see how the fact that a lot of wealthy people live in SF discounts the fact that a lot of working class families live there too (haven't been "priced out" as you so certainly declared).
Exactly. I only made $42k/year when I first moved here. That was only 3 years ago. I make a lot more now, thank God, but $42k is not a lot any where and I survived.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellio_sf View Post
Exactly. I only made $42k/year when I first moved here. That was only 3 years ago. I make a lot more now, thank God, but $42k is not a lot any where and I survived.
42k is plenty to survive on. you just wernt thinking and moved to the haight (crackhead central) and got ripped off.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Well then, let's just make up whatever bull**** we want, since factual information doesn't mean anything!

If you think working class people arnt getting priced out of san fransisco you are beyond blind. and probably not from SF either i take it. Sf is notorious because behind manhattan its the number one place where even MIDDLE class people are getting priced out. Quit pretending.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,761 times
im pleased to be able to have an educated discussion "black neighborhoods" i live in diverse district of sf myself -lakeview and i echo the comments of another post -its a block by block thing. my block people are relatively friendly and wave and that sort of thing and happen to be predominatl black (im not)

Old 06-02-2009, 02:35 PM
E14

147 posts, read 545,617 times
i would look at deep east oakland between 102nd and the san leandro border, eastmont hills, and maxwell park
All 3 are mostly black and quiet, affordable, middle class neighborhoods.
I realize this is an old thread, but it could still be useful to someone

Old 06-02-2009, 03:15 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,920 times
I'm from here and I've never characterized an area as "Black" in the way that people in other areas of the country do. For example: friends from LA moving here and wanting to know where the "Black" nice areas are. My response is that Black people in the Bay Area live everywhere. We don't have a "Ladera Heights" or a Baldwin Hills because people live where the want to. If you can afford it, you can live anywhere.

So while the area you mention may be predom Black, I would still not call it a Black area. People segregate themselves more by income than by race.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:19 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,920 times
Geeze, just realized this thread is 2 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland