Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 11:31 AM

27 posts, read 31,777 times

Advertisements

I would say the most comparable places to Brooklyn in the East Bay with top schools would be Alameda, Albany, and Lafayette.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 12:52 AM

7 posts, read 7,940 times
Smile Some information for you

Hello,

First welcome back to the East Bay. Your first question is rather simple. The traffic from Danville/San Ramon is fairly easy if your are going to Martinez in the morning, and vice verse. You may hit a bit of traffic in the Martinez area but this can be avoided if you get off in pleasant hill, or concord and take the back streets. As far as which place is better to live in, it really is a toss up. Danville is older money, as opposed to San Ramon which is newer money. I have had good experiences and not good ones with both cities. I found there are a lot more snobby people in San Ramon however I have found the same in Danville. Money wise I would say that Danville is more expensive then San Ramon but, you will get more land in Danville. Schools are great in both areas. It is very centered which is nice because you can go one way or the other quickly... (San Jose, or San Francisco.). The downside you have not BART in either city, the closest one will be either Dublin, or Walnut Creek. Over all the two cities definitely are similar if I had to choose I would pick Danivlle.

Nancy

Old 05-25-2014, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,128 times
San Ramon has alot more East Indians than Danville for some reason. Stay away from Fairfield, it's just an extension of Oakland and Vallejo. If u are working in Martinez, check out Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda. Don't even bother trying to buy in Walnut Creek, everything is overbid by 20 buyers.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:24 AM

30,950 posts, read 37,161,424 times
You don't need advise, you need advice.

The difference between advice and advise (grammar lesson)

Old 05-26-2014, 08:18 AM

588 posts, read 1,326,689 times
Walnut Creek is an awesome town with great shopping and amazing restaurants. It's the shopping/restaurant scene in the East Bay over the hills. Schools are probably better in Danville and San Ramon. LaMOrinda (Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda) schools are the best in the area and ranked close to if not the top in California. The downside to living in LaMOrinda is that its a sleepy and the housing prices are insane. Lafayette is the hub of the area. Lafayette and Orinda both have BART stations so it is quick to the city. Lafayette, Walnut Creek area will be a complete opposite commute situation while Danville and San Ramon will be opposite commute for 60% ish. I'd consider Lafayette or Walnut Creek in your search. Pleasant Hill is also nice however I am not aware of how good the schools are, not as good as Lamorinda or Danville/San Ramon.
Good luck

Old 05-30-2014, 10:31 AM

5 posts, read 5,475 times
Thanks folks for all the input ... hoping to find the right neighborhood soon...and will post back !!

Old 06-04-2014, 12:27 PM

5 posts, read 5,475 times
so i guess we've settled on San Ramon with work in martinez.Did the drive over weeeknd -mon-tuesday and seemed like 30-40 mins for most trips (we drove up and down 680 maybe 8 times in 3 days ..... )Possibly will indulge in a hybrid to use carpool once there...Lamorinda seems to be overpriced and we plan to rent before buying and in that sense san ramon has way more rental options than lamorinda .....unless I'm missing something ...

So here goes...Quick questin tho...would it make sense to delay the move into september to get a better price on a rental as most rentals we visited said summer is busy so prices are higher ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland