Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 02:25 PM

21,739 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
There's a reason why the police separate two people who are fighting before asking them what started the fight. Neither person involved will tell the whole truth, only the truth as they see it. When the cops separate the two people involved in a fight, they'll get two different stories. Usually the truth is somewhere in between.
Well, yeah. Who would have a conversation with anyone in the middle of a good donnybrook dust up?

Of course, it IS possible that at least one person involved will see the whole truth as it is. Sometimes they both will.

"I don't like what his shirt says."
"He said he didn't like what my shirt says."
"So I hit him. And he swung back."
"So he hit me. And I hit back."

See how simple it is sometimes?

But back to reality: you're just guessing yourself. Like everybody else here. Based on your personal biases.

Game on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 02:35 PM

17,623 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, yeah. Who would have a conversation with anyone in the middle of a good donnybrook dust up?

Of course, it IS possible that at least one person involved will see the whole truth as it is. Sometimes they both will.

"I don't like what his shirt says."
"He said he didn't like what my shirt says."
"So I hit him. And he swung back."
"So he hit me. And I hit back."

See how simple it is sometimes?

But back to reality: you're just guessing yourself. Like everybody else here. Based on your personal biases.

Game on!
Really? So you're assuming the girl calmly told the mother to get her kid to be quiet and calmly told the mother to "go to hell" as she admitted to saying on the video? No one tells someone to "go to hell" calmly in an altercation. The 20 year old was angry and yelling and escalated an already stressful situation for the mother. That doesn't excuse the mother's beating her. If the girl is lying about how calmly she spoke with the mother, what else is she lying about?

Old 11-06-2014, 02:55 PM

19 posts, read 51,800 times
This thread sure is entertaining to read.... still not sure how anyone can justify the first punch, no matter how rude the other person acts. Sorry, but responsible adults don't go around hitting people even when those people **** them off. As a society, should we really accept verbal provocation as a legitimate excuse to commit assault and battery?

Personally, I don't like children. That's why I chose not to have them, why I choose not to be around them, why I don't host gatherings where they are allowed, why I don't attend parties that have a ton of kids running around, and also why I don't go to kid-friendly establishments. I do everything possible to prevent being around my nieces and nephews - good thing none of them live in this state. However, I wouldn't say anything to a stranger about her kid making noise, as much as it grates on my nerves, because I try to avoid altercations. When looking for a check-out line at the store, I look for one where children are not present. If they come in line behind me, then I'm ***** out of luck, and I grin and bear it for the few minutes it takes to pay and leave.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Really? So you're assuming -------- blah blah blah
Um, no. The point of my posts has been: there's no point in assuming anything one way or another. Roger that now?

84 posts over nine pages of assumptions by people who don't know. Crackin' me up.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:26 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,280,262 times
Nah it's more like 70 posts of stressed out parents experiencing Schadenfreude and wishing they had the guts to act just as savagely. Kinda pathetic, actually.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:39 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
Really? So you're assuming the girl calmly told the mother to get her kid to be quiet and calmly told the mother to "go to hell" as she admitted to saying on the video? No one tells someone to "go to hell" calmly in an altercation. The 20 year old was angry and yelling and escalated an already stressful situation for the mother. That doesn't excuse the mother's beating her. If the girl is lying about how calmly she spoke with the mother, what else is she lying about?
The girl never claimed she said "go to hell" calmly. What she said was that she was calm when she asked the mom to quiet her child. IIRC she omitted descriptors in the rest of her narrative about what happened in the store. Even so, someone can say "go to hell" calmly, if snidely. I'm not sure what difference it makes in this case.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:43 PM

2,203 posts, read 3,361,673 times
And here's the video from the parking lot - Hipster Girl Clocked In Mom-Rage Incident In Nordstrom Rack Parking Lot In Colma: SFist .

Old 11-06-2014, 05:56 PM

17,623 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
The mom was totally wrong. I still doubt how the discussion went on in the store, but arguing in a checkout lane doesn't warrant that kind of attack. The mom wasn't waiting for her. She put the kid and purchases away and then walked across the parking lot to attack the girl. Mom was more than twice the size of the girl. Find and arrest the mom. The 20 year old should keep her hatred of kids to herself.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:18 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Nah it's more like 70 posts of stressed out parents experiencing Schadenfreude and wishing they had the guts to act just as savagely. Kinda pathetic, actually.
Well, we are on our high horse today, arent we?

I dont see anyone saying that the mom was totally in the right at all, but people are putting themselves in the situation and basing their opinion on their own experiences. There's nothing wrong with that, is there?

Old 11-06-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well, we are on our high horse today, arent we?

I dont see anyone saying that the mom was totally in the right at all, but people are putting themselves in the situation and basing their opinion on their own experiences. There's nothing wrong with that, is there?
What I keep wondering is: what's the point of all these opinions without working from factual knowledge?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland