Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,078 times

Advertisements

In my quest to sell my 2012 Range Rover sport I began searching around for alternatives to dealerships, Craigslist, Ebay motors, etc. During this search I stumbled upon Instamotor, Shyft, Carlypso, and Beepi. Each company promises to revolutionize the used car buying/selling experience utilizing their slightly different business models. However, Instamotor seems like the best bang for my buck as they offer a lot of free services and don't take a portion of the final sale price. Making as much money from this sale has always been my intention and why I avoided dealerships and low ball offers from CL in the first place. I'm curious about the company and want to know if anyone here has used their service or heard of them or can advise me on what to do next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 05:14 PM

2,411 posts, read 4,463,675 times
You'd still be showing your car to strangers, same as Craigslist. The main difference seems to be that Instamotor also will shop for insurance and a loan for the buyer, which is where they'll make their money. So I'd think someone who was planning to pay cash wouldn't be looking for a car on Instamotor anyway.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:34 PM

24,410 posts, read 27,021,173 times
Go with New Cars, Used Cars - Find Cars for Sale and Reviews at AutoTrader.com or take it to CarMax if you don't want to deal directly with individuals.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 964 times
I used Instamotor to buy my Prius and it was an amazing experience throughout. Instamotor listings are scam free and include a free carfax report. My favorite incentive the company offers are free mechanical & smog inspections so I knew everything I needed to about the car. They handle everything in house and I was able to get the title transferred without having to go to the DMV!!

I have nothing to gain from promoting the company and just wanted to share my experience. I definitely recommend using Instamotor as a buyer. I would imagine things are just as good for the seller as the guy who sold me my prius seemed very happy too. Hopefully this helps @W16engine!

Old 02-13-2015, 11:19 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,156,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAmino02 View Post
I used Instamotor to buy my Prius and it was an amazing experience throughout. Instamotor listings are scam free and include a free carfax report. My favorite incentive the company offers are free mechanical & smog inspections so I knew everything I needed to about the car. They handle everything in house and I was able to get the title transferred without having to go to the DMV!!

I have nothing to gain from promoting the company and just wanted to share my experience. I definitely recommend using Instamotor as a buyer. I would imagine things are just as good for the seller as the guy who sold me my prius seemed very happy too. Hopefully this helps @W16engine!

Wow, your first and only post ever and you sound like a commercial for Instamotor. Congrats!

Old 02-13-2015, 11:43 PM

24,410 posts, read 27,021,173 times
LOL yep I bet the two of them are the same person, both have no posts, yet they seemed to meet to promote Instamotor, lol what a sleazy company!

Old 02-14-2015, 05:31 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,731,080 times
Your vehicle will be a tough sale... people buying late model used will expect a significant discount or why bother... it is actually much easier to buy new...

Also, make sure there is a current smog certificate as required by law... shouldn't be an issue with a late model Roover because of warranty... out of warranty and it gets expensive fast.

Co-worker just spent $1100 because his 6 year old Roover did not pass smog...

Old 02-14-2015, 06:07 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,667,311 times
something smells fishy!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland