Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 05:58 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Ugh. What the heck is going on people?

https://youtu.be/uUGyoI2T6Vc
I thought the Bay Area was the land of tolerance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 06:39 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
These incidents in San Jose don't sound violent to you?

-14 suspicious fires set at homes of families of Middle Eastern and East Indian descent.
-A woman sentenced to 9 months after she attacked a man of Middle Eastern descent during a road rage

You're right, that certainly is not the same as ONE arson and some graffiti at a school in DANVILLE. 14 fires? geeze. Like I said, be careful down there in the land of hate!
The links you provided do not note these things. Even if they did happen, people FROM the 925 probably did it. That's where all the bay area rednecks live.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:05 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I've actually boycotted/stopped watching GMA (Good Morning America) because they keep giving this A-hole/Sh**stirrer) the time of day.

As someone that's lived abroad--it's a seriously a national embarrassment/dangerous. He's just a narcissistic sociopath. But for some angry (Christian weirdos/fearful gun lovers), the idiots still follow... He's not much different than Hitler. Scare the bejesus out of the dumb masses, then blame a specific people for whatever that ailment is...then act accordingly.

I have good friends that are "conservative" leaning .......BUT--John Kasich (perhaps), an actual smart person (that I probably wouldn't vote for, since I am a Democrat- but would actually listen to/think about) isn't even taken seriously. What the he** is wrong with this picture?? We're dealing with---in 2015 another HITLER. The racism/sexism/nationalism/religious discrimination is rampant. Horrible, sickening, AND EMBARRASSING and a national security risk. And here I thought you couldn't get much worse than Bush/CHENEY. I'm obviously wrong on that front. It did get far worse.
A few other notable similarities between him and Hitler...

- Using "the enemy" as an excuse to slowly strip away citizens' rights
- Unapologetic brutality (he's all for torture, killing innocent family members of enemies for intimidation purposes, saying that someone should be "roughed up" for heckling during one of his speeches, etc)
- Hypnotic charisma in a way that riles up the crowd into a sort of mob mentality

Of course if you really try, I suppose you could try to compare anyone to Hitler. But the thing with Donald is, you don't need to try. The similarities are impossible to ignore.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:49 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
The links you provided do not note these things. Even if they did happen, people FROM the 925 probably did it. That's where all the bay area rednecks live.
Yes they do, where do you think I got that information from? Clearly you're not good with Internet and clicking links. Lol, yeah keep telling yourself that along with all the other baseless BS you throw out.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:07 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yes they do, where do you think I got that information from? Clearly you're not good with Internet and clicking links. Lol, yeah keep telling yourself that along with all the other baseless BS you throw out.

Uhh no. None of the links you provided show that. The only thing I found remotely near that was a string of 14 fires that police think "may be" a hate crime. But considering the rest of your links do not list that, my guess is that was speculation. But we will never know because, that link DOES NOT WORK (nice legitimate source there dude). For all we know the string of fires could have been in an Indian/Muslim neighborhood, by teens from that demographic. And yea, the incident happened in 2001. LOL.

If we want to go back in time, let's look at how the 925 was a KKK stronghold well into the 1980's.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:22 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Uhh no. None of the links you provided show that. The only thing I found remotely near that was a string of 14 fires that police think "may be" a hate crime. But considering the rest of your links do not list that, my guess is that was speculation. But we will never know because, that link DOES NOT WORK (nice legitimate source there dude). For all we know the string of fires could have been in an Indian/Muslim neighborhood, by teens from that demographic. And yea, the incident happened in 2001. LOL.

If we want to go back in time, let's look at how the 925 was a KKK stronghold well into the 1980's.
Yeah I suppose it was just a coincidence.

The Mosque arson you mentioned was in 2007 (LOL) and the link doesn't work either so I guess we can throw that out. Looks like the outer East Bay doesn't have any violent incidents now unlike San Jose.

Oh really? Do you have some sort of proof of that?

From today: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...ed-6690586.php

Old 12-12-2015, 03:17 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,673 times
Religion, eh? Nothing but trouble.

Old 12-13-2015, 01:19 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
To the best of my knowledge... Trump doesn't even know where Lake Chabot is and probably could not care less.

I'm not or have I ever been a member of a political party...

That said... President Reagan had his share of detractors for things like calling the Soviet Union an evil empire or saying the bombers have been dispatched... much of the world voice opposition to his becoming president... I was too young to vote at the time... I was not too young to read and I was really worried... polling predicted WW3 if Reagan were to become president and quite the opposite happened.

It's best to cut through the noise and not let the media push your buttons... it's politics as usual folks.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:53 AM

540 posts, read 653,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
Trump isn't Hitler. You're being really silly.

He just makes you uncomfortable because we live in a society where people rarely say what they really think in public. He's blowing that apart, and it is good for discourse. Be offended. Be as offended as you need to be. But also understand, you don't have a right to NOT be offended.
Proving that people are idiots who follow him. He blatantly lies and gets caught in them over and over and hides his racism behind the anti "Politically Correct" shield. Which is nothing more than a way racists defend their racism, "all this political correctness, why can't I say the N word".

Old 12-14-2015, 09:55 AM

540 posts, read 653,324 times
Quote:
All the Bay area red necks live in 925? What? It's not 1970 anymore. Contra Costa County has completely changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland