Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 11:32 PM

758 posts, read 551,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
Fair enough. Have a good weekend.
You have a nice weekend as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 05:12 PM

341 posts, read 266,094 times
Default Will anyone still wear Stephen Curry's jersey?

They had 73 wins,up 3-1 and they loose the championship?Curry played horrible imagine I was thier live at Game 7 in the staduim,waste of money.Golden State has dissapointed me in the biggest choke in sports history!

Old 06-25-2016, 08:05 PM

1,099 posts, read 901,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
They had 73 wins,up 3-1 and they loose the championship?Curry played horrible imagine I was thier live at Game 7 in the staduim,waste of money.Golden State has dissapointed me in the biggest choke in sports history!
You might want to just join in on the other thread instead of starting a whole new one. We have one other poster here that uses that tactic with his rants on COL and housing.

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...tate-fans.html

Old 06-26-2016, 06:02 PM

341 posts, read 266,094 times
Biggest choke in sports history 73 wins,and up 3-1 plus they had a 2 time mvp who played EXCELLENT in the regular season but played terrible in the playoffs.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:34 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocSciProf View Post
Lacob isn't a basketball person. If he's smart, he'll defer to those he hired to make those decisions. And he'll stop flapping his mouth; he showed in that interview EXACTLY the kind of arrogance that many Dubs fans found silly. Its statements like he made that made their downfall perfectly predictable. Pride goeth before a fall, and all. 'Course, if the NBA has decided to let the players play like they did at the end of the Spurs-Thunder game (when Ginobili stepped over the line and committed several other violations, leading to no call, so then the inbounder used the ball to push him off the line, no call, all the while several Thunder players are being hacked on the court, no call, the five seconds seemed to run out, no call, the inbounder jumps up to throw the ball in, no call, the ball is thrown in and Durant gets practically tackled when he had position for the pass, no call . . .), it makes sense for a team to go out and beef up their bench--emphasis on beef, i.e., heavy physical players, so they'll have fouls to give just in case the refs want to use their whistles once in awhile.

However, more important, here are some facts to state:

1)Every team has a style. Identifying that style is not a jerky move. Every style can be snubbed by those who don't like it. That's why some people complain the Dubs are soft and only shoot threes (think of Charles Barkley--who played the inside game, by the way).

2)The Cavs have a stronger inside game than the Warriors and many other teams. Only a fan who knows nothing about the game would deny that.

3)The Dubs have a better backcourt than the Cavs and most other teams, despite this season's championship loss (just like last year's Cavs loss did not change the fact that they had then and have now a better inside game than the Dubs).

4)Teams that are stronger inside than outside tend to play more physically.

5)The Cavs follow that trend. So do the Dubs--the Dubs play a less physical game.

6)Nothing I said claimed the Cavs themselves were thugs.

7)Still, OTHER teams will conclude that only a few teams can find and pay talented athletic inside playes, so they'll find inside thugs (because the inside game is slower than the outside game).

8)The Pistons were the epitome of a team playing a strong, physical game. Most would say they crossed the line. I wouldn't say that about the Cavs. But the Cavs STYLE lends itself to crossing the line more because there is so much more contact inside, if they called everything inside that they call outside most games would end with most centers and forwards disqualified. But, because it is easier to find inside thugs than athletic insiders or great shooting outsiders, teams will find it easier to adopt the Cavs style and take it too far than to adopt the Warriors style.

9)The Cavs have more to lose than the Dubs if there is a resurgence of physical, hockey-like play in the league. The Dubs can sit outside and rain 3's and win some games The Cavs? Not so much. If the physical play goes too far, the talent advantage the Cavs have inside will be nullified--especially if Cavs players get injured enough to miss much of the season.

THAT, my friend, is why only a person who knows nothing about the game would regard anything I said as jerky. Even my link to the Hastily Made Tourism Videos was a joke, meant in jest, laughing along with Clevelanders, not at them.

Finally, the game was nearly a week ago. Continue to enjoy the aura. But please, get a life! There's lots more to do than to keep trolling the site of a city 2,000 miles away.

Peace. Out. (I.e., I gotta get back to . . . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocSciProf View Post

Taking nothing away from Cleveland, because they played smarter and did what was allowed within the game as called. But its bad news for basketball fans (as opposed to football fans) because it means the Cleveland style of grabbing, holding, pushing, and barreling into the lane with your head down like a running back is back. One year of beautiful basketball, and now its back to the early 80's of the Pistons bad boys. All the teams will copy this approach against the Warriors and any other team that tries to play that style because the lesson they'll take from the series is "We can't find such good shooters and athletic bigs, but we sure can find some big slow thugs to hack the team to death." Oh well. I guess it was nice while it lasted.
Oh my, thanks for the extreme pontification. Now, it is over a week. You are the one that keeps chiming in. Which is it? The bolded sentence from your original post that is "jerky", or this endless nonsense. Not sure, why you keep saying I am in Cleveland, when I have said numerous times I didn't care about the series until after the 4th game when the Warriors became whiners.

Basketball is a physical sport, get over it and as you say get a life! The physicality starts as early as 3rd grade AAU basketball. Try taking in a high school game with the Bay area's top teams, Salesian, Serra, De La Salle, and let me know what you see. It's not going to be "sitting outside and raining 3's." LMAO.

Good teams will adapt to win a game. Cleveland rained 3's in their earlier series with Atlanta. The Warriors took that away, so the game went inside. One game, Lebron was hitting the 3's that were given to him. Game 6 I think it was, he wasn't making them so he went inside. Ironically, the series was won with a three in Steph's face. Just not sure what you don't get, but to say that the game will turn into the Bad Boys is ludicrous.

Ok, gotta get back to....

Old 06-27-2016, 07:25 PM

I had no idea why he thought you were from Cleveland either and said as much in my reply to him. There are plenty of people in this area (myself included) that were indifferent to the Warriors but were sick and tired of the arrogance (and whining) of the players and their fans. And it appears he agreed with that also.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:12 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
I had no idea why he thought you were from Cleveland either and said as much in my reply to him. There are plenty of people in this area (myself included) that were indifferent to the Warriors but were sick and tired of the arrogance (and whining) of the players and their fans. And it appears he agreed with that also.
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with this. Oh well, it was a great finals and Western conference finals. Now, the bore of summer sports. Guess, it got me a little riled up.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with this. Oh well, it was a great finals and Western conference finals. Now, the bore of summer sports. Guess, it got me a little riled up.
Ditto on that for me. Baseball sucks! The NFL and March Madness for me.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:02 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,068 times
Steph Curry and the bigger occasion this time , not last time, just got to him. Add in the comments from his wife ala
Rigged games........bad treatment of family by NBA.......and so on , show something is definitely awry in the Curry household. She did nothing for her husband and his confidence during the finals.

Guess what ?..... Lebron just smelt the blood and executed like the all time great he truly is.

Something tells me that next season will be the biggest challenge of Steph Curry's career.

But getting back to the original post, always remember and never forget where we all live . Yes it is the Bay Area after all. Where tastes change rapidly and loyalty is mere fleeting to the legions of "hardcore" sports supporters in this part of the world.

Old 07-04-2016, 12:29 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
bwahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHA just watching Stephen A Smith fume made my 4th of July. LOL.

Kevin Durant opts for the Golden State Warriors in a free agency upset - LA Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland