Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 08:56 AM

3,475 posts, read 5,273,552 times

Advertisements

I'm actually shocked that Emeryville would have the most crime per capita in the state. The entire town is brand new malls, office buildings, and condos. Maybe bc of the small population vs the huge number of daily visitors for working and shopping. This is what California's most dangerous city looks like...
Attached Thumbnails
Why does the East Bay have both the Safest and Most Dangerous Cities in California?-emeryville_marketplace_4.jpg   Why does the East Bay have both the Safest and Most Dangerous Cities in California?-public-market-emeryville.jpg   Why does the East Bay have both the Safest and Most Dangerous Cities in California?-baystreet3.jpg   Why does the East Bay have both the Safest and Most Dangerous Cities in California?-images.jpg   Why does the East Bay have both the Safest and Most Dangerous Cities in California?-baystreet1.jpg  

Why does the East Bay have both the Safest and Most Dangerous Cities in California?-tv-emeryville.jpg   Why does the East Bay have both the Safest and Most Dangerous Cities in California?-hyatt-place-emeryville-3.jpg   Why does the East Bay have both the Safest and Most Dangerous Cities in California?-images-1-.jpg   Why does the East Bay have both the Safest and Most Dangerous Cities in California?-pixarwdw.jpg   Why does the East Bay have both the Safest and Most Dangerous Cities in California?-photo-16087-1.jpg  

Why does the East Bay have both the Safest and Most Dangerous Cities in California?-58967182.jpg  

Last edited by tstieber; 07-26-2016 at 09:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 09:48 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,190,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
I think the East Bay is one of the most unique place in the United States. Yes, the LA and the Bay Area Metropolitan regions have a large variety in income levels and crime rates but the East Bay is only one region and it has both the absolute nicest and worst places to live in CA. It has high crime black and hispanic ghetto's, Chinatowns's, semi diverse hipster areas, and wealthy, mostly white suburbs all crammed into one region.
Can you please be more specific. What do you mean. Where are these areas exactly? Like break it down by city/town. Blank is full of criminal... and blank is full of angelic... If you can't do that then I suggest you not ask such questions. XOXO

Old 07-27-2016, 11:46 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,370,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
I'm actually shocked that Emeryville would have the most crime per capita in the state. The entire town is brand new malls, office buildings, and condos. Maybe bc of the small population vs the huge number of daily visitors for working and shopping. This is what California's most dangerous city looks like...
Well because Emeryville is small - that may magnify it.

Also, because there's been a lot of change in terms of the population - maybe lots of newcomers, who don't haven't yet built community ties there yet, which tends to be a good deterrent to crime.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:59 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,920,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nony100 View Post
fremont is a terrorist haven.
...what?

Old 08-01-2016, 02:54 PM

675 posts, read 1,191,245 times
Surprised Walnut Creek wasn't rated one of the top 50 safest. Safest place I've EVER lived in.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:25 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,994,639 times
Is Oakland really that dangerous? I've seen that statistics and they are horrible, and I haven't spent a lot of time in the area but the places I visited, Jack London, Downtown near the lake, seemed totally fine to me.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:42 PM

675 posts, read 1,191,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Is Oakland really that dangerous? I've seen that statistics and they are horrible, and I haven't spent a lot of time in the area but the places I visited, Jack London, Downtown near the lake, seemed totally fine to me.

Certain parts of Oakland are awesome, Oakland Hills, Down by Jack London Square, the Lake, but other places are incredibly dangerous. I grew up in NYC during the heyday of crime (70s-90s), been to Harlem and Spanish Harlem during those times, the South Bronx, all incredibly scary, but never felt more frightened than in several parts of Oakland in the early 2000s, and I hear it's worse now.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:05 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,715,832 times
Oakland has been home to 5 generations of my family...

It is always interesting the reactions I get from some when the subject of crime/danger comes up often... not as much as before but still a topic.

That said... my vehicles have been broken into several times... NEVER in Oakland!

San Leandro, Hayward and Pleasant Hill... Home Depot type parking lots.

No one ever messed with my truck at the ACE Foothill Hardware near Eastmont Mall... kind of makes a person wonder just where the stats are coming from?

I've lived all over the city and found good people everywhere and more than any other place that I know... Oakland is a collection of neighborhoods... and as long as you have good neighbors the battle is mostly won... and I have had very good neighbors everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland