Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is Colin Kaepernick's motivation for his protest?
He's very much concerned about the country and how racial discrimination is effecting it 41 32.80%
It is a cry for attention as he's about to become irrelevant and he knows it. 50 40.00%
He feels the team won't cut him now because they're scared of the backlash, thereby taking away attention from his poor play. 22 17.60%
Other 12 9.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 02:30 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,690,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Deport him? Where to?
Saudi Arabia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 10:43 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,105,370 times
All of this seems to be a false tempest to me. I am not voting on his motivation because how on earth would I know that? I can't hear his thoughts, and neither can anyone else here. As far as his actions, it doesn't matter if I agree or not; we have a right to free speech in this country. There is no law that says you have to stand for the National Anthem; it is a respectful tradition. He has the right to not participate in that tradition. And other people are free to say he is wrong, as they have free speech rights, too. So you all are free to argue back and forth about this. I will exercise my free speech by saying that your arguing accomplishes nothing. But if you enjoy it, go for it.

Old 09-04-2016, 11:10 PM

1,099 posts, read 902,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
All of this seems to be a false tempest to me. I am not voting on his motivation because how on earth would I know that? I can't hear his thoughts, and neither can anyone else here. As far as his actions, it doesn't matter if I agree or not; we have a right to free speech in this country. There is no law that says you have to stand for the National Anthem; it is a respectful tradition. He has the right to not participate in that tradition. And other people are free to say he is wrong, as they have free speech rights, too. So you all are free to argue back and forth about this. I will exercise my free speech by saying that your arguing accomplishes nothing. But if you enjoy it, go for it.
And no one claimed that he wasn't entitled to his free speech (not the point of the thread but a nice Straw Man, nonetheless). We will enjoy ourselves and speculate all we want. Thank you.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:31 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,686,576 times
Maybe he just doesn't ****ing feel like standing for it. I'm embarssed for everyone that is pretending to be upset by this. None of us are obligated to stand for a silly song. This isn't North Korea.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
He sucks and wants attention
I think you pretty much have it right: I think he may, indeed believe minorities do not get a fair shake, but h never bothered to do anything about it until it appeared his career might be on the line: now, he can come out, say what he wants, get attention and some sympathy. I am guessing he was raised to think he was the second coming and now he sees he isn't he can throw a fit and everyone listens to him. I call him a spoiled brat even if part of what he says he might real feel.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Good. The NFL seems pretty racist and sexist so it's nice to see a quarterback stand for something significant and relevant. I grew up in SF watching the Niners and happy to see Kap and others take a stand.
NFL is racist: give us some reason to believe this and back it up some how. I am not sure many would agree with you. Let's see, they mostly draft white guys, they don't give minorities playing time and they only pay black 20 mil instead of 30 mil to sign. Is that what you are saying?

Old 09-05-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
relax, this is simply a question the Op asked and it based on our opinions only. It isn't scientific, isn't meant to be, just opens up an interesting debate. No one expects this to accomplish anything.

Old 09-05-2016, 02:02 PM

1,099 posts, read 902,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
relax, this is simply a question the Op asked and it based on our opinions only. It isn't scientific, isn't meant to be, just opens up an interesting debate. No one expects this to accomplish anything.
Yep, that's all it is. Some people should relax. Thank you for your comment.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:34 PM

169 posts, read 168,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
People are so sensitive these days lol......
That's interesting.....I'd argue people getting made over Kaep's "little protest" is also hypersensitivity. The same people that wave the flag and scream patriotism are the same ones angry over CK exercising his first amendment right.

Let the man protest and speak out.

I'm a little disappointed with the Santa Clara Police. To threaten to not protect fans and players at Levi's over one player's actions is simply childish. Imagine if because one person spoke out against the US military and then our Generals were like "Screw it, we're not protecting the US anymore." Yes, extreme analogy but you get the point.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:43 PM

169 posts, read 168,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Tacos View Post
LMAO if this isn't the biggest pile of white suprimacy crap I've read all week. White people the most accepting LOLOLOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seig Heil!!
This is for armyturtle.......regarding his post you quoted.....obviously that person has no idea how to use Google

10 of the Richest Black Communities in America - Atlanta Black Star
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland