Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 10:34 AM

3 posts, read 1,654 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My wife and I are separated. However, before filing for separation she wants to give us one more chance. She has booked a fine diner in San Francisco on a Sunday night. And I am looking for something to do after that. Something very fun so that we forget all the trouble and just enjoy ourselves.

This is probably my only chance to have her consider coming back. I need to blow her mind.

We are in our forties. Dancing is one option (we like all kinds of music from The White Stripes to Pharrell Williams) but it has to be in a very special place. Money is not a concern.

Please help!

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 10:56 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,989,754 times
Beach Blanket Babylon is a fun show. It's in North Beach so there are always bars/cafes to hang out in before/after the show. I can't comment personally on dancing, though. There are some great venues for concerts also--I personally like the intimate feel of The Independent. A comedy club might also be fun?

https://www.beachblanketbabylon.com/

The Independent :: San Francisco, California :: Live Music Live

Punch Line SF

Cobb's

Old 06-08-2017, 12:26 PM

She loves musicals. Booked Beach Blanket at 5pm on that day! Thanks a lot!
But I still want to keep some options for after diner...

Old 06-08-2017, 01:18 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Blue View Post
Hi,

My wife and I are separated. However, before filing for separation she wants to give us one more chance. She has booked a fine diner in San Francisco on a Sunday night. And I am looking for something to do after that. Something very fun so that we forget all the trouble and just enjoy ourselves.

This is probably my only chance to have her consider coming back. I need to blow her mind.

We are in our forties. Dancing is one option (we like all kinds of music from The White Stripes to Pharrell Williams) but it has to be in a very special place. Money is not a concern.

Please help!

Thanks.
For clubbing and / or small venue ....

If you are up for something a bit less main stream check out Cat Club. It's just a notch above a dive but has a low cover and relatively intimate setting. It's not overrun by tech bros, overdressed young singles in 12 inch heels / clothes that are a size too small, and does not have a block long line. There are various theme nights, some of them def edgy.

DNA used to have similar offerings however they ran into financial problems and I have not checked recent status.

The Stud, although a "gay" club, also has interesting theme nights.

Agree with Clongirl regarding The Independent.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:01 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
She loves musicals. Booked Beach Blanket at 5pm on that day! Thanks a lot!
But I still want to keep some options for after diner...
Honestly, you should focus on what wasnt good in the relationship and how you will act, how you will compliment her, how you will come off as charming/funny/sincere. There is nothing wrong with going home, having ice cream or popcorn and watch a movie she wants to see together. A relationship isnt going to work if it's only good when going to fine dining, world trips, concerts etc. You need to show her normal life together can be great. This is what my GF just said.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:56 PM

187 posts, read 206,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Honestly, you should focus on what wasnt good in the relationship and how you will act, how you will compliment her, how you will come off as charming/funny/sincere. There is nothing wrong with going home, having ice cream or popcorn and watch a movie she wants to see together. A relationship isnt going to work if it's only good when going to fine dining, world trips, concerts etc. You need to show her normal life together can be great. This is what my GF just said.
Whew, I'm exhausted just reading that! Good advice though.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:27 AM

Good advice. Sure. Did all that and a lot of talking. Which is why she is willing for the first time in a year and a half to have date. But I feel this is a critical moment and that if we have a good time on that specific day, this may be a new start.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:31 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Good advice. Sure. Did all that and a lot of talking. Which is why she is willing for the first time in a year and a half to have date. But I feel this is a critical moment and that if we have a good time on that specific day, this may be a new start.
You can take her to Battery Spencer, which is right on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge. I used to take girls I liked there at night as something casual, when we weren't actually dating and it worked every time because it's usually cold and windy as hell, completely dark, very isolated, very little people to no people depending on how late it is with gorgeous views of the bridge and San Francisco (very romantic), works every time! lol.

However, I'd still be careful not to over do things, you want her to feel daily life will be good and that you aren't like trying so much all at once that it comes off as fake or too overwhelming. I think taking her to this place afterwards would be quite nice and romantic. It can give you a chance to say some sweet things or be real with her and apologize for the things you used to do she hated. Women really like when a guy admits their wrongdoings. You can tell her you didn't do your job to make her feel appreciated, loved etc whatever it is, own up to it, promise you will make things better, let her know if I ever start doing something you dislike again, to please tell me right away so I can change it before it becomes an big issue.

I think the last part is one of the reasons why my relationship has been so strong for 5 years now, never any problems because we told each other this near the start once we were in love, that if one of us starts doing something that we find really annoying, troublesome etc just let the other person know right away before it gets bottled and one day you explode or when the issue is finally addressed there is so much built up tension that you cant have a calm conversation about it.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland