Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 11:01 PM

3 posts, read 6,265 times

Advertisements

Consider Pittsburg. I will get a lot of negative responses to this suggestion, but since you said you would consider homeschooling, that takes the low ratings of schools out of the equation.

People in East County are still holding into opinions related to crime in the area that are at least a decade out of date. Because of that, prices stay low in Pittsburg and of course the Bart commute is easy here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 09:53 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,281,603 times
Where in Pittsburg, specifically? I know there are nice/bad parts to the majority of Bay Area places, but it's helpful to mention a particular neighborhood or area for people who don't know where everything is. I haven't been to Pittsburgh in probably 6 or 7 years and I had only been a handful of times, so I would need to know a lot more before I started looking there.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:26 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Your dollar will go farther in Pittsburg...

When I sold my home it was double the size and half the price of my home in Pleasant Hill at the time.

That said... I never had a single issue in Pleasant Hill.

In Pittsburg when the home was for sale I had all kinds of problems... from all my garden hoses and sprinklers being stolen to finding a stolen car in my garage and forced entry...

It did give me pause for thought.

I sold to a large family and someone is always home... they have not had any problems but neighbors that are gone off to work all day have not been as fortunate...

Old 08-06-2017, 11:06 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,872,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyfigsugar View Post
Relocated from So Cal about 4 years ago to Bay and rents are constantly increasing.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:14 AM

^^^Broken link...

Old 08-11-2017, 12:34 PM

57 posts, read 57,836 times
Concord climate, being east of the Caldecott tunnel, is considerably hotter year-round when compared to Oakland, Berkeley, the city, etc.

I live in the lower Richmond hills and average temps are probably ~70 (a guess) and I only wish my house has AC for maybe 2 weeks out of the year. In Concord, having AC is mandatory.

Last edited by jonnydoe; 08-11-2017 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Adjust

Old 08-11-2017, 12:54 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,013,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Your dollar will go farther in Pittsburg...

When I sold my home it was double the size and half the price of my home in Pleasant Hill at the time.

That said... I never had a single issue in Pleasant Hill.

In Pittsburg when the home was for sale I had all kinds of problems... from all my garden hoses and sprinklers being stolen to finding a stolen car in my garage and forced entry...

It did give me pause for thought.

I sold to a large family and someone is always home... they have not had any problems but neighbors that are gone off to work all day have not been as fortunate...
Concord, Pittsburg, Antioch, and Bay Point are the SLUMBURBS of CoCo county.

Even looking at those crap towns on a map is unpleasant.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:26 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,227,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post

I agree but it seems fairly clear that gentrification is underway. Perhaps a solid buying opportunity for the right investors (not me, I'm basically done with CA real estate and the only way I'd ever buy anything here again is just a short term flip project).

I do keep my eye out for flips and I have to say most of the likely looking properties are in Contra Costa County. I have seen a few real gems recently - where you could clear 100K in 60 days if you knew what you were doing.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post

There you go...

For the rest of us we do what we have to and appreciate what we have.

Concord Listing

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...1_M29944-32436

Old 08-11-2017, 06:25 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,013,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Right...Richmond, San Pablo, Pinole, etc.......the gems of CoCo County . Funny thing is you can't even afford to buy property in any of these cities lol.
Why do you keep pretending to know my financial status? I come from a rich white family, you do not. So worry about your own finances. The hallmark of being poor is obsessing over what other people can afford, LoL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland