Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2018, 11:37 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,748,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
It's a waste of time debating radical SJWs who probably are sympathetic to Sarah Jeong. I created this thread for primarily two reasons. One is I was interested in moving to the region and the other is hearing from sane people who are concerned about having a high quality of life.
So I don't see any reason why you wouldn't have a high quality of life there. Go ahead and move...

Old 08-09-2018, 12:22 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
LOL. No.

1) The Mexican Army ATTACKED the US first, google the Thorton Affair. Stop making up alternative facts.

2) Wow, the chinese have been around and contributed. Join the club. Keep what ever false narrative you want, but Anglo Saxons pretty much turned California into what it is today. Otherwise it would still be a giant cow paddy.

3) No one is bent out of shape about enclaves, plenty of people, white people were forced to live in them. Difference is, some groups assimilated, others refused to. But don't play that victim BS.

4) You're the one who brought blacks up in the first place, not me. So stop the nonsense. The black plight is not yours, do not marginalize it, sully it, or dismiss it.

5) Redlining was the financial industry, not real estate. That was about LOANS and investment. Not that hard to comprehend.

No one cares about your false narrative of who made California. Anglo Saxons push wild indians out, they settled it, irrigated it, cultivated it, and built great cities.

The way you imagine things, it is as if Stanford, Hiram Johnson, and everyone else came to a ready made state! LoL!!
1) Go back and read your history. Polk was spoiling for a war with Mexico to take its territory. You're forgetting that Mexico severed relations with the United States in March 1845, shortly after the U.S. annexation of Texas. In September U.S. Pres. James K. Polk sent John Slidell on a secret mission to Mexico City to negotiate the disputed Texas border, settle U.S. claims against Mexico, and purchase New Mexico and California for up to $30 million. Mexican Pres. José Joaquín Herrera, aware in advance of Slidell’s intention of dismembering the country, refused to receive him. When Polk learned of the snub, he ordered troops under Gen. Zachary Taylor to occupy the disputed area between the Nueces and the Rio Grande (January 1846).

He was already planning to go to war when he heard of the Mexicans attacking US troops - and used that as a pretext to go to war and get Congressional support - and to fulfill his expansionist dreams. That's not alternative facts. Just you trying to ignore the context. Sorry but the poor innocent Americans getting attacked by the Mexicans meme falls flat. It ain't Pearl Harbor.

And once California passed into US hands, the local Californios (including Vallejo, one of the more prominent figures) got their lands taken away by the Anglos by hook or by crook. Not sure if you really want to brag about that.

2) Like I said, if you have to brag about it, you're pretty insecure about it.

3) What victim BS? I'm pointing out context. I have no problem with communities that happen to have a lot of Asians in it today. It's you guys who get bent out of shape about it. You got all hot and bothered about SF's Chinatown being politically connected - whereas it's no different than the Italians and the Irish learning to work the system and looking out for their interests. Rose Pak (RIP) would make your head explode because she could play with the big boys, like Art Agnos and Willie Brown.

4) And who appointed you arbiter of ethnic history? That's a pretty weak attempt at the old divide and conquer ploy. While our histories are different, there were issues where there were alliances and working together. Like pushing for ethnic studies in universities. So go sit down.

5) Weak attempt at parsing and ignorance of the whole picture. Redlining by the finance industry goes along with the real estate industry - and determines loans and mortages for property. In San Leandro's racist days, there were also homeowner associations It takes a "united effort" (sadly) at housing discrimination.

Actually, you seem to care a lot about my words, why else would you feel compelled to answer them in the manner that you did? Gotcha.

Like I said, you're free to indulge in your silly ethnocentric delusions or smug superiority - I'm just going to live my life unapologetically and not GAF.

Last edited by silverkris; 08-09-2018 at 01:31 AM..

Old 08-09-2018, 09:31 AM

4,031 posts, read 4,460,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Oh come off it. High quality of life has little to do with promoting ethnocentric white nationalism as you are doing.
Euro American areas have the highest quality of life. Immigrants from Latin American and from the Middle East and Africa into Europe recreate the Third World. Asians are intelligent and successful but create a culture that is based on working and studying non stop rather than enjoying the quality of life. That's why there was White Flight out of Cupertino. They don't have the same respect for the environment and that is why Dublin and San Ramon have a low quality of life with ugly track housing while Whites in Lamorinda protect open space. I respect Japanese culture more but they are not immigrating here in large numbers and understand that the rest of Asia isn't on there level. Also I am at the point where I am looking to get married and need to be somewhere where the majority of women are either Euro or Euro looking Jews who share my values. I am ok with moderate White Nationalist but don't like the nasty extreme elements.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Euro American areas have the highest quality of life. Immigrants from Latin American and from the Middle East and Africa into Europe recreate the Third World. Asians are intelligent and successful but create a culture that is based on working and studying non stop rather than enjoying the quality of life. That's why there was White Flight out of Cupertino. They don't have the same respect for the environment and that is why Dublin and San Ramon have a low quality of life with ugly track housing while Whites in Lamorinda protect open space. I respect Japanese culture more but they are not immigrating here in large numbers and understand that the rest of Asia isn't on there level. Also I am at the point where I am looking to get married and need to be somewhere where the majority of women are either Euro or Euro looking Jews who share my values. I am ok with moderate White Nationalist but don't like the nasty extreme elements.
"Moderate" white nationalism is like saying you're a little pregnant. It's based on ethnocentrism and exclusion. You're not fooling anyone with that.

The rest of your screed is just a lot of rubbish stereotyping.

Face it - this place is just a pipe dream for you and frankly, it's not a fit for you. You don't have the means ($$$) to move here, and you don't like the ethnic mix of people here. Trying to carve out your own Caucasian laager isn't practical here. Just color the local people here highly unimpressed, including clongirl, a Lamorinda resident, who's called you out repeatedly. Doubt she would welcome you here.

I'd suggest parts of Idaho for you.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:33 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,783,608 times
Quote:
so being around interracial couples are not a problem for you?

Old 08-09-2018, 12:39 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,007,568 times

Old 08-10-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
so being around interracial couples are not a problem for you?
I've dated Asian women but now that I am at the point of wanting to get married and start a family I am looking for White or Euro looking Jewish women who share my values. With White men and Asian women it's not ideal but at least their descedents are capable of sustaining a first world society as long as they don't embrace SJW propaganda.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
"Moderate" white nationalism is like saying you're a little pregnant. It's based on ethnocentrism and exclusion. You're not fooling anyone with that.

The rest of your screed is just a lot of rubbish stereotyping.

Face it - this place is just a pipe dream for you and frankly, it's not a fit for you. You don't have the means ($$$) to move here, and you don't like the ethnic mix of people here. Trying to carve out your own Caucasian laager isn't practical here. Just color the local people here highly unimpressed, including clongirl, a Lamorinda resident, who's called you out repeatedly. Doubt she would welcome you here.

I'd suggest parts of Idaho for you.
Idaho is boring and redneck. I need to be somewhere culturally sophisticated. Idaho is also getting a lot of immigrants. I am not even advocating anything radical. Just prevent future waves of immigration and the parts of the Bay Area that are still majority Euro will remain so. Asians who are born here actually have a low birth rate so the main issue is just future immigration. I'm ok with Asians having their communities but you are opposed to Europeans having the same. Most Asian countries have strict immigration policies. Japan doesn't even want other Asians moving there who hold historic grievances. Most Euro Americans in those areas privately agree with my views and many would leave for Oregon if the demographics changed.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
1) Go back and read your history. Polk was spoiling for a war with Mexico to take its territory. You're forgetting that Mexico severed relations with the United States in March 1845, shortly after the U.S. annexation of Texas. In September U.S. Pres. James K. Polk sent John Slidell on a secret mission to Mexico City to negotiate the disputed Texas border, settle U.S. claims against Mexico, and purchase New Mexico and California for up to $30 million. Mexican Pres. José Joaquín Herrera, aware in advance of Slidell’s intention of dismembering the country, refused to receive him. When Polk learned of the snub, he ordered troops under Gen. Zachary Taylor to occupy the disputed area between the Nueces and the Rio Grande (January 1846).

He was already planning to go to war when he heard of the Mexicans attacking US troops - and used that as a pretext to go to war and get Congressional support - and to fulfill his expansionist dreams. That's not alternative facts. Just you trying to ignore the context. Sorry but the poor innocent Americans getting attacked by the Mexicans meme falls flat. It ain't Pearl Harbor.

And once California passed into US hands, the local Californios (including Vallejo, one of the more prominent figures) got their lands taken away by the Anglos by hook or by crook. Not sure if you really want to brag about that.

2) Like I said, if you have to brag about it, you're pretty insecure about it.

3) What victim BS? I'm pointing out context. I have no problem with communities that happen to have a lot of Asians in it today. It's you guys who get bent out of shape about it. You got all hot and bothered about SF's Chinatown being politically connected - whereas it's no different than the Italians and the Irish learning to work the system and looking out for their interests. Rose Pak (RIP) would make your head explode because she could play with the big boys, like Art Agnos and Willie Brown.

4) And who appointed you arbiter of ethnic history? That's a pretty weak attempt at the old divide and conquer ploy. While our histories are different, there were issues where there were alliances and working together. Like pushing for ethnic studies in universities. So go sit down.

5) Weak attempt at parsing and ignorance of the whole picture. Redlining by the finance industry goes along with the real estate industry - and determines loans and mortages for property. In San Leandro's racist days, there were also homeowner associations It takes a "united effort" (sadly) at housing discrimination.

Actually, you seem to care a lot about my words, why else would you feel compelled to answer them in the manner that you did? Gotcha.

Like I said, you're free to indulge in your silly ethnocentric delusions or smug superiority - I'm just going to live my life unapologetically and not GAF.

Mexico inherited California from Spain and they only controlled it for 20 years but didn't invest in it. The original Californios were of Spanish descent not like the current wave of immigration.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I've dated Asian women but now that I am at the point of wanting to get married and start a family I am looking for White or Euro looking Jewish women who share my values. With White men and Asian women it's not ideal but at least their descedents are capable of sustaining a first world society as long as they don't embrace SJW propaganda.
Be prepared to be single for a long time, then.

SJW = Single Jewish Woman or Straight Jewish Woman?
Frankly, the social justice warrior sobriquet is a garbage throwaway term to just say you don't like something or ideology. It's too indistinct.

Not only do Jewish Americans vote 70% Democratic, they also largely subscribe to the so-called liberal agenda. But I think you know that. And they probably care about a lot of stuff that you scoff at. And most of them aren't hard core Likudniks that sign on to AIPAC's agenda.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ed5fd64956b7

You probably don't subscribe to this set of values:

https://rac.org/voting-elections-jewish-values
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland