Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 12:39 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Idaho is boring and redneck. I need to be somewhere culturally sophisticated. Idaho is also getting a lot of immigrants. I am not even advocating anything radical. Just prevent future waves of immigration and the parts of the Bay Area that are still majority Euro will remain so. Asians who are born here actually have a low birth rate so the main issue is just future immigration. I'm ok with Asians having their communities but you are opposed to Europeans having the same.
Most Minority areas like Chinatown or Mission developed as a result of housing discrimination and/or residents lacking English language skills and needing to reside in those areas to be able to complete daily activities.
Not to keep their blood line pure or because they have problems with white women dating black men

Old 08-10-2018, 05:12 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Mexico inherited California from Spain and they only controlled it for 20 years but didn't invest in it. The original Californios were of Spanish descent not like the current wave of immigration.
So what? The Anglos still stole their land. A difference without much of a distinction.

Arguing about history does little to change your situation. You can be smug and chauvinistic all you want but the current demographics are what they are.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Idaho is boring and redneck. I need to be somewhere culturally sophisticated. Idaho is also getting a lot of immigrants. I am not even advocating anything radical. Just prevent future waves of immigration and the parts of the Bay Area that are still majority Euro will remain so. Asians who are born here actually have a low birth rate so the main issue is just future immigration. I'm ok with Asians having their communities but you are opposed to Europeans having the same. Most Asian countries have strict immigration policies. Japan doesn't even want other Asians moving there who hold historic grievances. Most Euro Americans in those areas privately agree with my views and many would leave for Oregon if the demographics changed.
You aren't the arbiter of these issues.

As you've failed to comprehend - these days Europeans don't move here in large numbers because mostly they're not clamoring to come here. Immigrants are self-selecting in general and they come here for a reason.

Asian countries' national immigration policies aren't relevant here - that's their issue. I'm focused on what happens here in MY community and my country.

If these so-called Euro Americans don't like it here, they're free to go anywhere they want. Not my problem.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:32 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,754,691 times
Quote:
Idaho is boring and redneck. I need to be somewhere culturally sophisticated. Idaho is also getting a lot of immigrants. I am not even advocating anything radical. Just prevent future waves of immigration and the parts of the Bay Area that are still majority Euro will remain so. Asians who are born here actually have a low birth rate so the main issue is just future immigration. I'm ok with Asians having their communities but you are opposed to Europeans having the same. Most Asian countries have strict immigration policies. Japan doesn't even want other Asians moving there who hold historic grievances. Most Euro Americans in those areas privately agree with my views and many would leave for Oregon if the demographics changed.
Oregon? Really? Associated with cultural sophistication? What a laugh! I just asked my wife if Oregon was culturally sophisticated (she lived there for 10 years and we still visit several times a year) and she said NO! I agree. Much of Oregon is just like Idaho.

I didn't see anything here that said Europeans can't have their communities...

Based on your criteria should be moving to somewhere like the Netherlands, Sweden or Denmark. Why aren't you packing your bags? Move to Oregon and find out how culturally sophisticated it is there. I guarantee you will go running away (if you are "sophisticated" as you say)...

Old 08-11-2018, 06:50 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,017,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Be prepared to be single for a long time, then.

SJW = Single Jewish Woman or Straight Jewish Woman?
Frankly, the social justice warrior sobriquet is a garbage throwaway term to just say you don't like something or ideology. It's too indistinct.

Not only do Jewish Americans vote 70% Democratic, they also largely subscribe to the so-called liberal agenda. But I think you know that. And they probably care about a lot of stuff that you scoff at. And most of them aren't hard core Likudniks that sign on to AIPAC's agenda.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ed5fd64956b7

You probably don't subscribe to this set of values:

https://rac.org/voting-elections-jewish-values

Thanks for clearing that up what SJW means. The problem these days is people only know how to abbreviate (take short cuts) and don't spell it out in proper English.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:

Idaho is being invaded by Kalifornia transplants.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
so being around interracial couples are not a problem for you?

Interracial couples are great in adult movies
"Variety is the spice of life".

Old 08-13-2018, 04:41 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,465,786 times
Even Asian immigrants in the region are getting fed up with mass immigration. Yeh Ling Ling as an immigrant of Chinese origin from Vietnam who started out as pro-immigration. She changed her views when a massive housing development was proposed near her home in Orinda. This about 25 years ago and she helped her community block the development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK9MMrg4Vo4

It looks like she had to leave the Bay Area for Idaho.

"Yeh Ling-Ling, executive director of the Alliance for a Sustainable USA, said U.S. businesses should be cautious about making contracts that give Chinese companies the best jobs — though she is more worried about investment programs that encourage immigration, which Idaho also has jumped into this year.

“I believe that Idaho or other American companies should first seek investments from America and employ American engineers first,” said Ling-Ling, a naturalized citizen from Orinda, Calif., who was born in Vietnam of Chinese parents."

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...e40719738.html

Old 08-13-2018, 04:45 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,465,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Be prepared to be single for a long time, then.

SJW = Single Jewish Woman or Straight Jewish Woman?
Frankly, the social justice warrior sobriquet is a garbage throwaway term to just say you don't like something or ideology. It's too indistinct.

Not only do Jewish Americans vote 70% Democratic, they also largely subscribe to the so-called liberal agenda. But I think you know that. And they probably care about a lot of stuff that you scoff at. And most of them aren't hard core Likudniks that sign on to AIPAC's agenda.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ed5fd64956b7

You probably don't subscribe to this set of values:

https://rac.org/voting-elections-jewish-values

Historically Jews were influential in SF but now there is a rise in anti-semitism from Chinese interest.

https://www.jweekly.com/2018/05/04/n...ed-playground/

Old 08-13-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Even Asian immigrants in the region are getting fed up with mass immigration. Yeh Ling Ling as an immigrant of Chinese origin from Vietnam who started out as pro-immigration. She changed her views when a massive housing development was proposed near her home in Orinda. This about 25 years ago and she helped her community block the development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK9MMrg4Vo4

It looks like she had to leave the Bay Area for Idaho.

"Yeh Ling-Ling, executive director of the Alliance for a Sustainable USA, said U.S. businesses should be cautious about making contracts that give Chinese companies the best jobs — though she is more worried about investment programs that encourage immigration, which Idaho also has jumped into this year.

“I believe that Idaho or other American companies should first seek investments from America and employ American engineers first,” said Ling-Ling, a naturalized citizen from Orinda, Calif., who was born in Vietnam of Chinese parents."

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...e40719738.html

I just knew that you'd pull this one out as you've mentioned this earlier - in a pretty feeble attempt to conflate environmentalism with immigration. SF Bay Boomer has mentioned this matter and rejected it.

Yeh Ling Ling is hardly representative of Asian Americans here and is probably more thought of as a crank.

Last edited by silverkris; 08-13-2018 at 05:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland