Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 10:02 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,137,281 times

Advertisements

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/07/24/us/...le.com%2F&rm=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 10:11 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,661,120 times
Not that I ever go near the sewer that is the Bay Area unless I absolutely have to, but I'm damned glad I've got my CCW. Overcrowded cities full of bums, nuts, violent felons we can't seem to lock up, road ragers, etc. makes for a distinctly unsafe environment.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:32 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,256,496 times
Yep just another homeless maniac that the bleeding hearts see nothing wrong with letting walk the streets vs. locking the ones with a history of these behaviors up in a place where they are no longer a threat or danger to society.

Quote:
Court records showed that in May 2016 he was convicted of felony second-degree robbery, SFGate reported. A Kaiser hospital in Richmond had also obtained a restraining order against him in 2016 because they said he repeatedly harassed and threatened staff members. He was homeless and would sometimes show up at the emergency room and make threats, said Jason Curliano, an attorney who represents the hospital, to SFGate.
John Cowell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Old 07-24-2018, 10:35 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,037,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Not that I ever go near the sewer that is the Bay Area unless I absolutely have to, but I'm damned glad I've got my CCW. Overcrowded cities full of bums, nuts, violent felons we can't seem to lock up, road ragers, etc. makes for a distinctly unsafe environment.

Actually, the vast majority of the Bay Area is nothing like what you just described. Move along if you have nothing constructive to offer this thread.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:35 AM

21,727 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Right. It does make a toxic soup to live in. But your CCW would do what, exactly, in the case of a blind sucker punch to the head, or a blind stabbing? There was no warning in these three crimes in the article.

I see one of the victims was a 47 year old homeless man. Another an 18 year old black girl. The third a 51 year old local resident. No connection to the crimes. Just random insanity.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:50 AM

21,727 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yep just another homeless maniac that the bleeding hearts see nothing wrong with letting walk the streets vs. locking the ones with a history of these behaviors up in a place where they are no longer a threat or danger to society.

John Cowell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
He may have been homeless. That is not made clear in the report. He WAS homeless 2 years ago when convicted of a different crime.

That clarified, your use of the phrase “another homeless maniac” is specious. So is your referencing “bleeding hearts see nothing wrong with letting walk the streets“ when you have no information regarding any “bleeding hearts” being involved in this or his previous assault cases.

Sure, he should be locked up and the key thrown away.

But that is no excuse for you to tie homelessness to his insanity. All you do by conflating the two is vilify a group for a crime that has nothing to do specifically with being homeless. Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Gary Ridgeway, and a list of other serial killers weren’t homeless. This type of crime isn’t in any way limited to homeless persons.

In fact, of the three recent BART killings, one victim was homeless - which killing will likely as not prove to be committed by a non-homeless person. More homeless are murdered by non-homeless than non-homeless have been murdered by homeless. Yes, I have stats on that ... about 500 cases to cite.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:01 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
He may have been homeless. That is not made clear in the report. He WAS homeless 2 years ago when convicted of a different crime.

That clarified, your use of the phrase “another homeless maniac” is specious. So is your referencing “bleeding hearts see nothing wrong with letting walk the streets“ when you have no information regarding any “bleeding hearts” being involved in this or his previous assault cases.

But that is no excuse for you to tie homelessness to his insanity. All you do by conflating the two is vilify a group for a crime that has nothing to do specifically with being homeless. Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Gary Ridgeway, and a list of other serial killers weren’t homeless. This type of crime isn’t in any way limited to homeless persons.

In fact, of the three recent BART killings, one victim was homeless - which killing will likely as not prove to be committed by a non-homeless person. More homeless are murdered by non-homeless than non-homeless have been murdered by homeless. Yes, I have stats on that ... about 500 cases to cite.
Sadly, some people thrive off of vilification as a way to claim idealogical superiority, feign indignation and basically point the finger anyone that is different from themselves.

The SF forum has always atttacted people like that who come here to vent their anti liberal positions.

It's a slippery slope that gets dangerous when people allow themselves to get lulled into outright hatred for others based on race, culture, etc.

Hopefully the attitudes in this thread that clearly demonstrate those tendencies will change.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
It's really not that difficult to look up information.

What we know about deadly stabbing at Oakland's MacArthur BART station

Just a little snip-it from the article.

THE SUSPECT:

Rojas says officers watched several addresses for him in two counties, *but he is also listed as homeless*
Quote:
That clarified, your use of the phrase “another homeless maniac” is specious.
Nope instead my phrase was clarified by what I read.
Quote:
So is your referencing “bleeding hearts see nothing wrong with letting walk the streets“ when you have no information regarding any “bleeding hearts” being involved in this or his previous assault cases.
The reason the homeless are such a huge issue in CA is directly related to the "bleeding heart" mentality of voting the police's authority away as well as voting to be soft on crime.

Quote:

But that is no excuse for you to tie homelessness to his insanity.
Sure I can when the stats show that 25-30% of homeless suffer from serious mental illness.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:29 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,137,281 times
So Proud Boys who protested against the killing of Nia Wilson were attacked. Nice.

SHOCK VIDEO: Member Of Right-Wing Group Faces Brutal Beating | The Daily Caller

Old 07-24-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Sadly, some people thrive off of vilification as a way to claim idealogical superiority, feign indignation and basically point the finger anyone that is different from themselves.
LOL at you ascribing your unsubstantiated opinion on others.
Quote:
The SF forum has always atttacted people like that who come here to vent their anti liberal positions.
Pointing out that this suspect was just another homeless maniac is not a political statement. There is nothing liberal or anti-liberal about facts.
Quote:
Hopefully the attitudes in this thread that clearly demonstrate those tendencies will change.
Hopefully your attitude will change once you understand that facts alone are not political statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland