Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2023, 05:41 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times

Advertisements

What in the world? Who are you people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2023, 05:50 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
:d:d

Old 08-25-2023, 07:23 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,331,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
What in the world? Who are you people?
S. Dakota and Central Florida just trying to help out we Californy savages I guess.

Old 08-25-2023, 07:24 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,813,197 times
Article from "Open Forum" section of SF Chronicle. Hopefully, anyone interesting in reading this will be able to.

Here is one quote from the article below the link: https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/...o-18211099.php

." Repeated episodes of withdrawal begin to change the very nature of the brain and transform it in subtle and nefarious ways. The withdrawal response activates pathways in the most primitive levels of the brain’s subcortex (where the conscious brain never goes), inducing a profound sense of desire and craving for the addictive substance in question. An individual’s capacity to make rational decisions becomes overwhelmed by these cravings"

Old 08-26-2023, 03:03 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
If they commit any kind of crime (littering, camping on sidewalks, public intoxication, whatever) you cite them and then actually have the "punishment" be rehab - long-term rehab (in lieu of jail - so would have to be publicly funded). Well worth the investment, to me.
"Re-hab" is $2600 a day. You still good with that? People addicted to drugs, that have to become criminals to support their addiction, are already lost. These are, unfortunately, disposable people. Even their organs won't likely be used, DUE to the drugs they took during their lives. Their organs are usually so messed up that they aren't suitable for donation.

Oh boy, I'd get banned for life, if I posted up just SOME of the hospital pics I took. (There's that "HIPPA" thing, too....)

<mod snip>

Hell, I'll probably get banned again, for what I already wrote.

Old 08-26-2023, 03:51 PM

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/artic...s-18329767.php

" The lawsuit from the Coalition is ongoing, but in a court order imposed on the city in December, U.S. Magistrate Judge Donna Ryu temporarily banned San Francisco police from clearing most homeless encampments, citing people for sleeping in public or enforcing certain laws aimed at keeping homeless people off the street. The preliminary injunction will be in place while the lawsuit moves forward.

Ryu’s court order cites Martin v. Boise, a landmark federal case that prohibits the citation or arrest of people sleeping outdoors if no shelter is made available to them."

Old 11-03-2023, 06:15 PM

258 posts, read 291,268 times
Default Will extended ACE service and lines solve most of the homeless?

Here's an idea that I've thought of for a while but for some reason never really thought of bringing it up here until now. Also I am aware that there is a good portion of homeless that either have drug or other addictions or else are simply lazy... but I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the people who simply don't make enough to afford rent in say, Berkeley or San Francisco. Think the people that live in RVs...

Do you think it's safe to say that that Valley Rail proposal that ACE put forwards will help reduce a good portion of homeless? I don't know about you, but something tells me that if ACE and those helping it teamed up with the cities it plans to service, like Lodi, Modesto, and Ceres (not so much Sacramento area but maybe Elk Grove) and either helped build new homes or set aside existing ones near the stations, then I could easily see the homelessness and trash problems going down considerably...

What do you think? ACE would need more trainsets for certain... but do you think it'd be worth it?

Old 11-04-2023, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA2000 View Post
Here's an idea that I've thought of for a while but for some reason never really thought of bringing it up here until now. Also I am aware that there is a good portion of homeless that either have drug or other addictions or else are simply lazy... but I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the people who simply don't make enough to afford rent in say, Berkeley or San Francisco. Think the people that live in RVs...

Do you think it's safe to say that that Valley Rail proposal that ACE put forwards will help reduce a good portion of homeless? I don't know about you, but something tells me that if ACE and those helping it teamed up with the cities it plans to service, like Lodi, Modesto, and Ceres (not so much Sacramento area but maybe Elk Grove) and either helped build new homes or set aside existing ones near the stations, then I could easily see the homelessness and trash problems going down considerably...

What do you think? ACE would need more trainsets for certain... but do you think it'd be worth it?

I will add mental health issues and medical issues to the portion of your post I put in bold

Old 11-05-2023, 11:22 AM

1,638 posts, read 1,107,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
I will add mental health issues and medical issues to the portion of your post I put in bold
Mental and physical “health issues” from shooting up fentanyl.

Many drug addicts even if they get clean have permanent brain damage and other issues that they may never recover from.

Old 11-05-2023, 11:25 AM

258 posts, read 291,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
“Health issues” from shooting up fentanyl.
That's kind of what I was getting at but yeah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland