Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 05:33 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,015,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
A churning Golden State on the eve of new population numbers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...c3e_story.html

"ROCKLIN, Calif. — Shannon Sessions has a seat in left field, in the shade of a willow. Her goldendoodle, Yeti, is leashed to her folding chair.

These are prime tickets at the Little League diamond here at Whitney Ranch park, an expanding development of red-tile roof houses, barbecues and backyards. Less than two months into her move to this old-new boomtown in the dry air of the Sierra Nevada foothills, she already knows to arrive early if she wants a good view of Carter, her 8-year-old son, playing first base.

Sessions is a newcomer, a Bay Area transplant, and among a quickening migration from west to east transforming a state once shaped by arrivals heading very much in the other direction.

The trend has made Placer County, climbing from the outskirts of Sacramento to the blue depths of Lake Tahoe, among the fastest growing places in the state over a decade when California’s famed historic growth has slowed to a virtual standstill."
Too late now. Everyone is moving to this area and prices are not affordable no more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2021, 11:42 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Why 2022 Could Be The Dot-Com Bubble All Over Again:

"Summary
Speculative growth stocks have become unreasonably expensive.
Persistent inflation will trigger higher interest rates, causing high growth to crash.
Capital will flow out of "dumb money" into fixed income and cash-flow generating stocks.
High growth companies with no earnings will be hit the hardest, and could see a 30% drawdown over the next 18 months.
The best way to protect your portfolio is to shift money out of speculative stocks and into high-quality stocks."

https://seekingalpha.com/article/446...all-over-again
Great article, thanks for sharing.

Old 11-25-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Great article, thanks for sharing.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:47 AM

3,208 posts, read 1,671,394 times
It's pretty easy to guess what's gonna happen next year because the amount of speculative and leverage money already ballooned to such an extent that soon the taxes and ramification of high inflation will hit people so hard that many will lose their tails due to the amount of leverage they took to get into an asset.

And why the US tax system is the most anti-capitalistic and just a handicap to keep things from getting too out of hand.

Old 11-30-2021, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
It's pretty easy to guess what's gonna happen next year because the amount of speculative and leverage money already ballooned to such an extent that soon the taxes and ramification of high inflation will hit people so hard that many will lose their tails due to the amount of leverage they took to get into an asset.

And why the US tax system is the most anti-capitalistic and just a handicap to keep things from getting too out of hand.
Home loan refi rates will go up?

Old 12-04-2021, 10:02 AM

4,031 posts, read 4,464,327 times
Strange that Facebook is expanding Bay Area office space in the midst of a remote work exodus and signs of an economic crash.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/tech/art...e-16667757.php

Old 12-04-2021, 11:10 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Too late now. Everyone is moving to this area and prices are not affordable no more.
It's not surprising.

Best large metro access to Tahoe, IMO.

If someone told me I had to be back in California, that's where I would probably choose.

I like the access to Tahoe, I like the place, and I have relatives there (all of my many previous decades in California were in the Bay Area or LA/OC...except for a ski season at Mammoth)

Old 12-04-2021, 02:29 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,464,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It's not surprising.

If someone told me I had to be back in California, that's where I would probably choose.

I like the access to Tahoe, I like the place, and I have relatives there (all of my many previous decades in California were in the Bay Area or LA/OC...except for a ski season at Mammoth)
Sacramento or Reno? Tahoe has a constrained supply.

Old 12-05-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It's not surprising.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland