Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 04:18 PM

409 posts, read 1,830,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
What's that supposed to mean? I think we were being pretty civil, especially considering I didn't even want to discuss politics... I never got nasty, and neither did the other poster (aside from some sarcasm ). Do you just not like that I'm strong in my beliefs and dislike of politics?? Sorry, but that's who I am! As I said, you're more than welcome to discuss politics - just preferably not in my thread that was supposed to be lighthearted, and actually it's better to keep that stuff on the P&OC boards. We have a separate forum for a reason, since - no matter what city/state/country you're discussing - it usually gets heated and occasionally gets ugly. That's why I hate talking about that stuff, since I have enough stress to deal with in "real life."
discussing SF politics here is not a winner, that's all i'm saying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 05:20 PM

495 posts, read 1,831,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oskarv View Post
i think San Franciscans are way too docile when it comes to the government of the city they live in. They'll get all passionate about George Bush and not realize that Gavin Newsom is dropping the ball in so many ways.
I agree wholeheartedly and I grew up in San Francisco. All intellectual talk, zero action. Never saw too many of my complaining neighbors at the City Hall meetings or if questioned didn't even know who the hell the supervisor was for their district. Hey Gavin Newsom is a great politician, he's got it down. Fooled around with his buddy's wife (both were on the payroll I might add), crime is up with kids killing kids, the streets are dirtier than ever -- 5th & Market is slowly inching it's way down to the financial district...and he and his charming smile are getting away with it. Everybody loves him! Like I said he's a "great politician" and he probably will be Governor. Nonetheless, the man is a I'll drink your dirty bathwater HOTTIE and he's probably a very nice guy...and yeah a great politician. lol.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:53 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,693 times
Looks matters in Politics. It's been studied time and time again.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:57 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Quote:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/politics/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/newsom.jpg (broken link)

Our dashing and charming mayor, Mr. Gavin Newsom... yep, I finally met him in person! My mother & I went to North Beach Restaurant for dinner, and when we walked up he was standing right in front. He was actually blocking the door, talking to some people out front, and we had to wait a minute - he noticed us and held the door open, then followed behind & chit-chatted for a second. I was blushing and giggling like a little girl... LOL.

FYI, he was very friendly and personable, and much taller and more good looking in person (if you can believe that). Wish I'd gotten a picture, but I didn't want to be rude since he was out to dinner. Anyway, just thought I'd share my encounter with you all!
I think he should run for VICE PRES........Don't you!!! ( PS didn't read this thread before I posted, I just was glad someone met their mayor......and he sure would be a charming looking Vice Pres........I don't even know what he is R or D.........)

Last edited by Summering; 07-10-2008 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: words........

Old 07-10-2008, 07:29 PM

630 posts, read 1,294,914 times
Quote:
Well, I'd probably vote for him, but I am a San Franciscan. Anyway, he's a hottie no matter what his politics are!
yea hes hot. I don't agree w/ his politics he comes across as trying to win over popular votes as if he were running for highschool class president. but oh yes hes hot

Old 07-11-2008, 10:12 AM

495 posts, read 1,831,012 times
The newspaper question thread has got me thinking...hmmm...I wonder what Herb Caen would've written or thought about Gavin Newsom? I have a feeling it would've been authentic and a no BS viewpoint. He had a great way of being nuetral and humorous at the same time -- he knew the SF political scene very well. I miss him.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:35 PM

103 posts, read 367,010 times
Quote:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/politics/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/newsom.jpg (broken link)

Our dashing and charming mayor, Mr. Gavin Newsom... yep, I finally met him in person! My mother & I went to North Beach Restaurant for dinner, and when we walked up he was standing right in front. He was actually blocking the door, talking to some people out front, and we had to wait a minute - he noticed us and held the door open, then followed behind & chit-chatted for a second. I was blushing and giggling like a little girl... LOL.

FYI, he was very friendly and personable, and much taller and more good looking in person (if you can believe that). Wish I'd gotten a picture, but I didn't want to be rude since he was out to dinner. Anyway, just thought I'd share my encounter with you all!
Remember the bottom line with this guy is that he fornicated with his best friends wife. Can you trust a guy like that NO WAY!!!!! Ripley

Old 08-14-2008, 06:41 PM

74 posts, read 236,418 times
Quote:

He's very handsome, I would have blush too lol.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:50 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,156 times
Voting for someone just because you find them attractive, what have our voters come to.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:21 PM

14 posts, read 29,611 times
I met him last year at the opening of Mint Plaza on Mint street and 5th. Very charming! Very open for pictures and offered me champagne! Of course I respectually declined being underage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland