Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:51 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson802 View Post
We are tolerant people, and, because we're tolerant, we will not tolerate intolerant, bigoted people (aka a sect of conservatives). We are not Middle America, nor do we want to vote like Florida or Ohio. We're extremely proud to say George W Bush was not brought to you by SF. We are a diverse set of people, with 40% of foreign-born, with a 'minority'-majority (meaning non-Hispanic Whites are not the majority), 15% of us are gays and lesbians, and 15% Republicans (same amount as gays and lesbians).
Just b/c you tell yourself you're tolerant doesn't mean you actually are tolerant. I can understand when some people are just really ignorant and offensive there is only so much one can tolerate. But to be intolerant of any conservatives w/o actually getting to know the person first is just ignorant in general. Or to just make a general blanket statement about a group of people like that, its doing the same thing as people on the right when it comes to intolerance.

Quote:
By your definition of diversity, you would think Michigan is diverse, then by all means, stay there, because you'll hate it here in SF. And we'll be content of that.
And what exactly is my definition of "diversity" according to you?

Um, I don't live in Michigan or have any desire to. I have never even been there so I'm not even sure where the hell you pulled that random statement out of.

And I was born and raised in the Bay Area, unlike you who is a TRANSPLANT of course, and don't "hate" SF, excuse me for pointing out some things about it that you may not like or agree with. That's nice you're proud of whatever you are but get over yourself already b/c you don't speak for the entire Bay Area but just for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 09:30 PM

67 posts, read 107,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrocks View Post
I've always lived in SF. I can tell you there's only a handful of world-class cites: NYC, London, Paris, Rome, and San Francisco. Being big means nothing: Tokyo, DC, San Diego, LA, Seattle, Boston, etc. They are big and maybe in some ways close but there aren't world-class for several reasons. I have been to San Diego. It's pretty. Nice weather. But it's not world class. How does it contribute to the world? How is it diverse? San Francisco? Now that's DIVERSE. Asian-Americans. African-Americans. Hispanic-Americans. Homosexuals. Everyone is represented here and everyone is so accepting. Konservatives are almost no where to be found; we don't accept their kind here. There is a strong love of the environment and healthy living here in SF. SF is highly liberal and educated. Look at how we have Berkeley and Stanford here. My only question is are you LIBERAL? Why do you care about drugs? Why do you care about "thugs"? It seems like maybe you are a bit konservative actually. If you are truly liberal, yes, come to one of the greatest cities on earth, San Francisco. If you are konservative or even moderate, you just don't fit here and I don't want your kind here either.
Wow, you either have to be your way or no way at all! YOU are not accepting.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
well i know those places well
but its like gloria always said
huck when you got money everyplace is mardi gras.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:19 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,615,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annkathryn View Post
Wow, you either have to be your way or no way at all! YOU are not accepting.
pot-meet kettle

Old 05-31-2009, 03:48 PM

961 posts, read 2,566,461 times
We grew up in the Midwest and then moved to San Diego. We lived there for 10 years before very happily moving to Santa Cruz. It sounds to me like you'd be happier in SF, but like others have said there are lots of drugs up here too and the weather isn't San Diego that is for sure. We do miss the warm weather in San Diego (very much so!), but that is really all that we miss about it. We did a pros/cons list and the Bay area came out on top and you sound a lot like us.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:31 PM

19 posts, read 62,468 times
I think you would prefer San Francisco or Berkeley from what you describe.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
well summertime
i looked at your profile its blank
you have been on CDF 3 years?.
dont see you participating much friend
i dont know anybody that moved across the country
for pure reasons of diversity
saw a lot of stuff in the post about dope issues
but nothing about employment which is usually
primary interest when somebody is bout to make a move

Old 06-04-2009, 05:33 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,993,377 times
Hey summertime25, I saw your message to my other post. SF is WAY better than SD for what you are looking for. After being here for 1.5 years now I forget that there are places different than this. I can't wait to get out of here too! Let's see who gets out first. ;-)

I've got SF on my potential list. Vancouver, BC is looking real good to me now too.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:34 PM

961 posts, read 2,566,461 times
I have a friend who moved from San Diego to Vancouver and she LOVED it.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:39 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,993,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical347 View Post
Yes, you should move to SF for the sake of both you and San Diego. At one time San Diego was an awesome place; in recent years it has become filled with new college grads or east coast liberals who move there because it has stereotypical west coast weather but it's "not LA" and then complain that it's "not as liberal/diverse/metropolitan/cosmopolitan as LA." These are the people that are rapidly turning San Diego into America's newest doucheopolis (and this is what you see in the Gaslamp every weekend)...
I was under the impression those thugs/meatheads in Gaslamp were natives of San Diego County. They don't look like they came here from DC or the East Coast. They don't look like they have the means to, or the motivation to make such a move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland