Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Stephen Fowler San Francisco resident fired from positions after being on reality show wife swap, reality real or fake, Wife Swap

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:32 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutleynut View Post
Everything that is wrong with the people of Britain and the Commonwealth all in one person!

This man and all those like him, America, is why we have to start taking things more seriously. Otherwise before you know it we'll be part of the Commonwealth. You may think that's ok but let me disillusion you. No one in the Commonwealth is free! The Government at any time legally can arrest you w/o charge or explanation and that's the end of it. If you don't have a family or group to make noise you are completely at their mercy.
The next thing is pay attention to these people they have no compassion about any one or thing they percieve to be of a lower class than themselves! (We have classism here but everyone is still pretty much equal under the law.) This means that these moron's will hear of your false arrest and say something to themselves, or more likely out loud like; "Oh they must have a reason for it. They wouldn't just arrest someone for no reason." and more along those lines. Thus excusing the priciple tool of intimidation that all Monarch's and dictator's use.
You may think it happens here but if it does it is rare why do you think the previoous president and his henchmen set up that prison in Cuba? To circumvent the legal restrictions here at home to arresting someone for no good reason!
Monarchy Must Die! Or no one will ever be safe!
I'd hardly compare Canada,Australia, or the UK to Cuba, although the tough-on-crime measures and repressive do-gooder laws passed under Blair and even more so under Brown (who actually makes his predecessor Blair seem like a good PM by comparison) have made Britain less free. But all those countries are still democracies. (If we're talking Australia - Melbourne's a great deal like SF.)

Fowler is a first class jerk, or as they'd say where he's from, a bloody wanker. I'm sure many of his fellow Brits would think so as well. Rest assured he has as much contempt for many of his countrymen as he has for many of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 02:11 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
While in the Navy I had the chance to visit Gibralter, a British colony, and meet some of their Navy's sailors. We drank together, we fought one another, and we bought each other drinks. The British Navy sailors I met would have beaten him before flushing his head down the toilet for treating the lady that way. The men I met were honest hard working salt of the earth people.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:04 PM

652 posts, read 1,785,738 times
Default I did not compare them to Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I'd hardly compare Canada,Australia, or the UK to Cuba, although the tough-on-crime measures and repressive do-gooder laws passed under Blair and even more so under Brown (who actually makes his predecessor Blair seem like a good PM by comparison) have made Britain less free. But all those countries are still democracies. (If we're talking Australia - Melbourne's a great deal like SF.)

Fowler is a first class jerk, or as they'd say where he's from, a bloody wanker. I'm sure many of his fellow Brits would think so as well. Rest assured he has as much contempt for many of his countrymen as he has for many of us.
I made the point that the previous administration used Gitmo to establish their prison because if they had brought those poor innocent bastards to the US, people here would have seen to it that they got a fair shake and a day in court. Scum that they are, Bu****es, they aren't yet willing to commit their crimes on home soil yet! I reiterate YET!
That doesn't happen in the Comonwealth, it is perfectly legal to set a prison like that up in London, Canberra, Perth, Wellington, etcetera. No matter what any person from the Commonwealth may say or even believe they are not free and the "democracy" they have is more of a joke than ours. They live freeish at the pleasure of their Monarch, a freedom which can be and often is, retracted for the convienience of the politicos in power. I knew plenty of Brits in the service too, however they treated you, in their heart of hearts they look down on you. The jerk was a jerk but he did express what most Brits think and have the sense to never say to our faces.
The vast majority of the people arrested and tortured by the Bush adminstration were innocents sacrificed by the Bushlike neighbors of theirs for the "reward" money. I think there were only about three or four actual terrorists out of the hundreds possibly thousands held there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland