Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:14 PM

83 posts, read 225,284 times

Advertisements

Hello! My fiance and I live in Virginia and are getting married in Sonoma in May. We will be by ourselves, so we want to make reservations at a nice restaurant following the ceremony. We currently have reservations at La Toque which I have read a majority of positive reviews about. We would give a right arm for dinner at French Laundry, but this trip/wedding is already going to cost us thousands even with just the two of us.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? I heard La Toque has excellent food and service, but I think the fact that it's in an hotel takes away charm.

Thanks for the feedback!

Stephanie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 03:49 AM

11 posts, read 34,808 times
Default heh

If you are looking for a meal for a special occasion, Sante is a good choice. Although it is also within a hotel, The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn, its a fabulous restaurant. It is a 4 diamond restaurant and the chef actually originates from French laundry. The service is excellent and the setting very romantic - try the tasting menu, you wont be dissappointed. we just ate there and cannot wait to return for more. hope this helps, and congratulations

Old 03-11-2009, 08:21 AM

516 posts, read 1,338,627 times
We met immediate family after our wedding at the General's Daughter, but I would only recommend this if it is warm and you can sit outside. They have a beautiful garden.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:00 AM

358 posts, read 1,037,301 times
If you want a great romantic restaurant here in the town of Sonoma, I would go with Harvest Moon Cafe. It is the epitome of the Sonoma experience in that it is a small restaurant and the owners are a young couple who live here in town (the husband is the head chef and the wife is the pastry chef/front house manager). The menu changes weekly, if not daily, and is based on what local ingredients they have access to. In the summer, you can sit in their back patio area.

If Michellan (sp?) ratings are important to you, they were just listed as a "recommended" restaurant by the Michellan guide.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy From Cali View Post
We met immediate family after our wedding at the General's Daughter, but I would only recommend this if it is warm and you can sit outside. They have a beautiful garden.
this restaurant does not exist anymore - its now the estate!!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:20 PM

San Francisco Bay Area Romantic Restaurants

here is a list!

Old 04-10-2009, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,317 times
I know one restaurant named Aliotos in san francisco , which is the oldest restaurant and best in seafood and wines. you can also follow the link [url=http://www.aliotos.com/]Italian |seafood | restaurants| san francisco :: Aliotos On Fisherman's Wharf ::[/url]

Old 07-27-2009, 04:59 PM

98 posts, read 443,101 times
Try The Girl and The Fig in Sonoma. Also the el dorado kitchen at the el dorado hotel is recommended.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:28 PM

802 posts, read 2,265,405 times
You might also check out Cyrus in Healdsburg. My wife and I had a fabulous dinner there a couple of years ago. They are a two star Michelin restaurant.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:35 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,989,754 times
Near to Sonoma is Bouchon in Yountville. It's a less expensive alternative to The French Laundry and is also owned/run by Thomas Keller from French Laundry...really authentic French Bistro fare...really good stuff! (PS..if you get there just prior to 6:00, you can get half price bakery goods next door to the Bistro!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland