Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:25 AM

27 posts, read 102,309 times

Advertisements

Im just curious to know, why are people still moving to San francisco? housing is so expensive whats the point? cant you guys take it to seattle or LA or somethin? Im really tired of (yes I'll say it again for all who read my previous posts) these soft left wing suburban yuppies over running my childhood home.

I mean honestly it used to be cool here but u guys ruined it so why do u still come? do you have to rub out all hope that this city could be great again. You know what was great about this place, the fact that weirdos and poor people lived here and all sorts of freaks, you know those dirty hobos u ignore on a daily basis as u trot ur fruity self off to some euro trash cafe or to ur hipster bars and nightclubs. But really why cant u do that back home? why r people coming from thousands of miles away to wreck San Francisco? i mean what is it that u guys like about San Francisco so much? I'll tell you a city isnt just some goofy little scene that you need to experience if ur from the "boring" suburbs, regular people live here damn it its a real place not some amusment park for a bunch of 20-30 something year old fruitcakes who refuse to move on in life and wanna party forever. Problem is I wouldnt mind if u guys stayed but u dont, u pass through until ur ready to settle down and wreck peoples communities in the mean time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 10:07 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times
I love it so much I could marry it....if it was legal. The only thing really ruining it for me is you.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 AM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,693 times
Lol

Old 08-24-2009, 10:14 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itslikeanegg View Post
i love it so much i could marry it....if it was legal. The only thing really ruining it for me is you.
lol

Old 08-24-2009, 11:00 AM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanitoPasteles44 View Post
Im just curious to know, why are people still moving to San francisco? housing is so expensive whats the point? cant you guys take it to seattle or LA or somethin? Im really tired of (yes I'll say it again for all who read my previous posts) these soft left wing suburban yuppies over running my childhood home.

I mean honestly it used to be cool here but u guys ruined it so why do u still come? do you have to rub out all hope that this city could be great again. You know what was great about this place, the fact that weirdos and poor people lived here and all sorts of freaks, you know those dirty hobos u ignore on a daily basis as u trot ur fruity self off to some euro trash cafe or to ur hipster bars and nightclubs. But really why cant u do that back home? why r people coming from thousands of miles away to wreck San Francisco? i mean what is it that u guys like about San Francisco so much? I'll tell you a city isnt just some goofy little scene that you need to experience if ur from the "boring" suburbs, regular people live here damn it its a real place not some amusment park for a bunch of 20-30 something year old fruitcakes who refuse to move on in life and wanna party forever. Problem is I wouldnt mind if u guys stayed but u dont, u pass through until ur ready to settle down and wreck peoples communities in the mean time.
That was hilarious +rep dude.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:54 AM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
That was hilarious +rep dude.
Word, I had to rep him also. I can understand his anger. Being born in SF and knowing how it used to be.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:28 PM

27 posts, read 102,309 times
look I got pride in my community and my roots unlike alota people these days who dont care about thier past or where they come from. I just think its sucks that my hometown got chosen to get wrecked. And to "itslikeanegg" u live in daly city of course u like SF because u can come up here and party it up with these yuppie losers and then go home, not like me I have to watch these pathetic excuses for human beings crawl into my neighborhood.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:42 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times
Quote:
look I got pride in my community and my roots unlike alota people these days who dont care about thier past or where they come from. I just think its sucks that my hometown got chosen to get wrecked. And to "itslikeanegg" u live in daly city of course u like SF because u can come up here and party it up with these yuppie losers and then go home, not like me I have to watch these pathetic excuses for human beings crawl into my neighborhood.
I spent seven years living in San Francisco (1993 - 2000) and except for myself, my brother and my mother, the rest of my family still lives in San Francisco. I've spent most of my working life in SF and am finishing up school at SFSU and you are correct in stating that a great deal of my social life is spent in SF as most of my friends happen to live there. I'd never leave the immediate area as just everything that is dear to me remains here. You posted a ridiculous rant with the thought that somehow SF belongs to you and you have some right to dictate how people should spend their time there. SF is a major metropolitan area and experiences (or in your case suffers) the typical qualities of large city life (this includes a large portion of the population that moves in and out from the city). If these qualities bother you then you don’t belong in a large city. Deal with it.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:00 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Quote:

I found this hilarious, too. But, in spite of the rant, you do speak for just about every big city in the nation. Portlanders/Oregonians have been making the same complaints since the 70's!

Old 08-24-2009, 03:32 PM

329 posts, read 1,029,106 times
Um, isn't the US a free country where anybody can live where they choose?

Apparently not in SF, according you. Apparently, SF is reserved for embittered native San Franciscans who don't want outsiders or anybody else to share a piece of the pie.

You know, some people don't want to remain in their boring cookie-cutter American cities devoid of culture and urban vibrance, and dream of such a multi-cultural, diverse paradise of a city like SF. But I guess we're not welcome in SF, are we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland