Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 11:23 PM

75 posts, read 302,312 times

Advertisements

I'd like to move my family back to the United States. I'm a heterosexual white male, living in the SF Bay Area, who is married with 3 kids (aka "public enemy #1). My kids are the only white kids in their respective elementary school classes. There's a Muslim school opening up around the corner, and I'm tired of having dirty looks from the homosexuals. I haven't seen my neighbor across the street in 6 years because she's Chinese and she's afraid of the sun. We have numerous Asians who walk the neighborhood with surgical masks/hats/umbrellas/dark visors to hide from the sun. The crazy liberals have destroyed this area starting with the mayor of SF who legalized gay marriage and declared the city a sanctuary for illegals from Mexico. My wife and I were born and raised in the SF Bay Area and it has changed drastically. Any thoughts from those currently living in Wilmington and especially those who moved from the SF Bay Area? Is Wilmington a good choice for me? (The one positive thing about the SF Bay Area is the weather is perfect, so we have NO experience with heat/humidity.) Also, I'm not a "looky loo." I'll read every single post!!

Last edited by Frank99; 09-19-2009 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: Just adding an encouragement for people to comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 07:24 AM

214 posts, read 822,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank99 View Post
I'd like to move my family back to the United States. I'm a heterosexual white male, living in the SF Bay Area, who is married with 3 kids (aka "public enemy #1). My kids are the only white kids in their respective elementary school classes. There's a Muslim school opening up around the corner, and I'm tired of having dirty looks from the homosexuals. I haven't seen my neighbor across the street in 6 years because she's Chinese and she's afraid of the sun. We have numerous Asians who walk the neighborhood with surgical masks/hats/umbrellas/dark visors to hide from the sun. The crazy liberals have destroyed this area starting with the mayor of SF who legalized gay marriage and declared the city a sanctuary for illegals from Mexico. My wife and I were born and raised in the SF Bay Area and it has changed drastically. Any thoughts from those currently living in Wilmington and especially those who moved from the SF Bay Area? Is Wilmington a good choice for me? (The one positive thing about the SF Bay Area is the weather is perfect, so we have NO experience with heat/humidity.) Also, I'm not a "looky loo." I'll read every single post!!
Wow, so sorry to hear the SF bay has taken a nose dive. I lived there a year myself, but found I missed the east coast. I don't know if the Wilmington area would be a good choice for you, but it would certainly be worth your while to explore. The only similarities it will have with SF, is that it is coastal. I thought I'd freeze to death in SF.
We get 3 seasons, summer, spring, fall, no heavy winters with snow here.
We experience about 3 months of heat and humidity, but your body adjusts.
We do not have the variety of culture that SF or any other major city has, mostly very nice and conservative folks, which at times can be a bit stifling, especially if you are coming from a liberal city.
It may seem a bit back wards to most people, as it is very religiously dominated, law enforcement has a long way to go (too heavy handed in my opinion, with very little oversight), and you will certainly not have the same type of cultural, art oriented venues.
Our school systems for the most part are adequate, and they keep trying to improve the ratings (certainly better than SC).
I really can't say if this area is going to be your cup of tea, and I strongly recommend you research, research, research. So many folks relocate here, discover they don't like it, and then start putting the area down, because it did not meet their expectations.
From my personal perspective I like it here, like being close to the coast, with a small city to travel to should I feel the need.
Let us know if there is anything else you need, and good luck in your quest.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:15 AM

21 posts, read 38,778 times
Your post makes me laugh, it is so overtly homophobic, xenophobic and racist. If these are traits you're looking for then by all means move to Wilmingon, you'll fit right in. As for San Francisco being "ruined", it is one of the whitest cities in this country! And as for the gay marriage issue, what is so wrong about this? Would you rather have gays running around in bath houses and have multiple partners? San Francisco is and has always been a liberal town, going right back to its roots. And you are shocked at this? It's very tolerant of all people and all arguments. But, as your post clearly indicates, you want to stick with your simplistic view of the world. So, again, the south is waiting for you!

Old 09-20-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctripp View Post
Your post makes me laugh, it is so overtly homophobic, xenophobic and racist. If these are traits you're looking for then by all means move to Wilmingon, you'll fit right in. As for San Francisco being "ruined", it is one of the whitest cities in this country! And as for the gay marriage issue, what is so wrong about this? Would you rather have gays running around in bath houses and have multiple partners? San Francisco is and has always been a liberal town, going right back to its roots. And you are shocked at this? It's very tolerant of all people and all arguments. But, as your post clearly indicates, you want to stick with your simplistic view of the world. So, again, the south is waiting for you!
Sir, let's keep to the thread of the post, he was asking if a move to SF to ILM would work for him. I understand your posting, But I don't think that he was asking for a political opinion, whether conservative or liberal, point of view.
Possibly your thread would be more beneficial elsewhere, dunno, but I am thinking you have gotten off track to his original question.
May I ask what brought you to this forum? Just a friendly question, no hostility involved what so ever.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:57 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,885 times
well , seashellbelle
jctripp is right though.

it does seem like original poster, for some reason
hopes wilmington will be a good fit for his wish of his vision of a clean world!

the original post seemed like a political rant to me.
wilmington has hispanic,chinese and gay people, lets not forget quite a few
liberals around here too.
obama carried wilmington in the presidential election.
whether this will be a good fit for you , come visit and do lots of research.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:01 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,689,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank99 View Post
Is there a reason you posted this in the Coastal North Carolina Forum, or were you just lloking for people who have never been to San Francisco to agree with you?

Old 09-20-2009, 12:17 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,725,977 times
You might try Charleston, SC.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:35 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,487,862 times
Wow.

Not sure I even know how to respond to your inquiry. Why did you live in SF in the first place?

I moved to NC from Los Angeles but have many friends in SF and not all of them are white Christians! I enjoy having friends of all backgrounds, ethnicities, and cultures. I am sad to hear when someone doesn't think this way as I think it is truly what makes America.

I am sure you will find Muslims, Jews, Hindu, and a bit of everything wherever you move. There are even some gay people in NC and I am sure they don't relegate themselves to the interior.

Just sayin'

Old 09-20-2009, 01:45 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,011 times
San Francisco is a wonderful, world-class city. I would choose it any day over Wilmington.

The grass aint always greener...

Old 09-20-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Is there a reason you posted this in the Coastal North Carolina Forum, or were you just lloking for people who have never been to San Francisco to agree with you?
Boompa, that was my first question as well, having lived on the West Coast, but from the East Coast I found it a huge adjustment living in the SF Bay, and I'm a city gal. Quite honestly I found SF to be very provincial.
I'm thinking all he needs to do is move across the Bay to Sausalito, great town!!!!
Can't imagine anyone moving from the West Coast to Wilmington, NC, of all places. Possibly NYC, or DC, not NC, however this might suit the poster, highly unlikely though.
Best move to the south in steps, first move to the East Coast, find a nice small to mid-size town up North, then progress slowly down the coast.
"Rolling, Rolling, Rolling down the river."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland