Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2009, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,034 times

Advertisements

hi! between 1am and 8am friday oct 30th, my car was stolen in front of my house at 32nd on moraga in the outer sunset. its a 1996 honda civic, 4 door, bluish/green. it can be identified by UCLA & SJSU stickers on the back window and a curled up front license plate. i'd just like to ask that you keep an eye out for it and let me know if there are any citings [email]chelle1o27@hotmail.com[/email].

futhermore, it would help if you could share information about your stolen vehicle experience, where it was lost and found. i'd like to find some sort of pattern.

my car had been stolen in february when i was living in LA. i was parked on in west hollywood, N las palmas between romaine & willoughby. it was found just three blocks away on lexington and n. mccadden pl and towed a week later.

just recently, my uncles pathfinder had been stolen in san francisco on van ness by the AAA. he found it the very next day on van ness!

any information would help. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 11:22 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times
That sucks. I hope you get you car back. I heard honda's were the most stolen type of car for some reason.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:26 PM

197 posts, read 977,222 times
not to be a downer, but someone i knew had her civic stolen and everything was ripped out (seats, wheels, etc.). insurance compensated her in cash for the fmv of the car - not a replacement.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
That sucks. I hope you get you car back. I heard honda's were the most stolen type of car for some reason.
I have heard the same.

yes, hope you have some luck and hope you had good insurance if it isn't recoved.

Nita

Old 11-02-2009, 07:34 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,989,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0odg127 View Post
hi! between 1am and 8am friday oct 30th, my car was stolen in front of my house at 32nd on moraga in the outer sunset. its a 1996 honda civic, 4 door, bluish/green. it can be identified by UCLA & SJSU stickers on the back window and a curled up front license plate. i'd just like to ask that you keep an eye out for it and let me know if there are any citings chelle1o27@hotmail.com.

futhermore, it would help if you could share information about your stolen vehicle experience, where it was lost and found. i'd like to find some sort of pattern.

my car had been stolen in february when i was living in LA. i was parked on in west hollywood, N las palmas between romaine & willoughby. it was found just three blocks away on lexington and n. mccadden pl and towed a week later.

just recently, my uncles pathfinder had been stolen in san francisco on van ness by the AAA. he found it the very next day on van ness!

any information would help. thanks!
Yes, I have experience with this. My mom's Acura was stolen (also in the outer Sunset). But this was about 10yrs ago. Her resume and briefcase were in the backseat so obviously her name/address etc were available to the thieves, which of course scared the c*** out of her.

It was a brand new car. The police found the car abandoned somewhere in Oakland..completely ripped apart. I guess the thieves sell the parts etc. Police said that it was actually a good thing that it was completely torn apart as you can write it off as a "total loss" with your insurance.

More freaky was some phone call she got a week later from some guy that claimed to have found her resume and if she'd meet him in Oakland to pick it up. She declined.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Yes, I have experience with this. My mom's Acura was stolen (also in the outer Sunset). But this was about 10yrs ago. Her resume and briefcase were in the backseat so obviously her name/address etc were available to the thieves, which of course scared the c*** out of her.

It was a brand new car. The police found the car abandoned somewhere in Oakland..completely ripped apart. I guess the thieves sell the parts etc. Police said that it was actually a good thing that it was completely torn apart as you can write it off as a "total loss" with your insurance.

More freaky was some phone call she got a week later from some guy that claimed to have found her resume and if she'd meet him in Oakland to pick it up. She declined.
Wow, that would just freak me out. Of course she declined. Thank goodness..

Nita

Old 11-02-2009, 11:15 PM

701 posts, read 2,031,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Jesus...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland