Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:53 PM

4 posts, read 8,240 times

Advertisements

I walked out of the house to lock my car, w/o noticing my dog walked out too. He ran straight towards a lady and her little chihuahua. The lady panicked and pulled on her dog. Her dog got tangled up in the leash. My dog (a bigger Chihuahua) did not bite or scratch her dog. Two weeks later the lady shows up at my doorstep w/ 3 Vet bills. Am I responsible for this? They total close to $500. She's expecting a phone call from me....letting her know what type of payment arrangement I'm willing to make. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure I'm not totally responsible for the bill. Please, someone give me advice.

Last edited by Chihuahua99; 11-02-2009 at 08:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,970,598 times
I'd tell her to take it to Small Claims. Maybe you'll get on Judge Judy that way.

What are the supposed injuries?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:09 PM

She says that her dog sprained his tail and that the pain medication that was given to him, got him sick. So she had to go back to the vet a second time. The third bill she presented to me is not dated.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:25 PM

197 posts, read 977,627 times
ROFL.. a sprained tail??

Tell her to take you to small claims.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:27 PM

My husband refuses to pay. I've never had any problems w/ anyone....so I was confused about the whole thing. Should I call her? or just wait for her to come around again?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:20 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,510,566 times
So your dog did not physically touch the other dog? She just pulled on it too hard?

I would offer to split the bill, just because going to court is no fun and you are partially responsible. Get it in writing that this would be the end of it, you both sign and that's that. If she doesn't like that offer, then tell her to take you to court.

Before anything though, you should ask for copies of the invoices then confirm the injuries, dates and dollars with their Veterinarian.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
So your dog did not physically touch the other dog? She just pulled on it too hard?

I would offer to split the bill, just because going to court is no fun and you are partially responsible. Get it in writing that this would be the end of it, you both sign and that's that. If she doesn't like that offer, then tell her to take you to court.

Before anything though, you should ask for copies of the invoices then confirm the injuries, dates and dollars with their Veterinarian.
Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. I don't mind paying for half of it. Let's see if she agrees.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:03 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,026,696 times
There's an upcoming dog show and a woman with a chihuahua wants to make sure hers is looking his best. Because he's a mostly hairless dog, she wants to remove any stray hairs he does have so he can look his best for the contest.
The woman drives to a pharmacy and once there, asks the pharmacist for some advice about a hair removing cream that's both effective and mild. When she settles on one in particular, the pharmacist advises her to wear a tank-top blouse for a little while after applying the cream. She reacts and says, "Oh, no, no. It's not for my underarms, it's for my chihuahua!" The pharmacist replies, "Oh well, in that case, just don't ride a bicycle for a couple of hours."

Sorry, had to tell that one.....

When that lady comes back for the money, just laugh. She's out of her gourd.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:59 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,419,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua99 View Post
I walked out of the house to lock my car, w/o noticing my dog walked out too. He ran straight towards a lady and her little chihuahua. The lady panicked and pulled on her dog. Her dog got tangled up in the leash. My dog (a bigger Chihuahua) did not bite or scratch her dog. Two weeks later the lady shows up at my doorstep w/ 3 Vet bills. Am I responsible for this? They total close to $500. She's expecting a phone call from me....letting her know what type of payment arrangement I'm willing to make. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure I'm not totally responsible for the bill. Please, someone give me advice.
Yes, you are to blame.

This is a key lesson learned. Dog control is an absolute necessity.

Else, legal exposure WILL result.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:14 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,358,955 times
Unleash a bigger dog on her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland