Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:00 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,765,227 times

Advertisements

I've seen both results. And I find it interesting to watch how people interact.
Some are obviously on their best behaviour and some. . .well, sometimes it's best for me to just back out of the thread! One certainly sees all kinds..

My favourite thing is to see someone actually get the help, find the new city, solve the problem or whatever it is. Sometimes there are threads which are enormously supportive & productive.

I am fascinated by the construction of this site, the TOS, and how wise Administrator has been in his choices. He's one smart & successful Dude! All in all, it's a great place to hang out; I think it's one of the best anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 05:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
if it wasn't for this forum I probably would not have found NWA or certainly would not have known so much about it before we even visited, same with a few other places we considered. And I am one that spends a few hours a day on this and a couple others..

I did have to laugh a few weeks ago. Our daughter and hubby were here, guess it was the holidays; anyway she came in the office and saw my fingers pounding and really moving fast: her comment, geeze mom someone said something that hit you wrong huh? Well, she is right, when I get upset I pound the keyboard...Now, it has become the family joke as hubby makes the same comments. If I am not pounding away, he will mentioned I must not to telling someone off..

Nita

Old 01-24-2010, 12:40 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,607,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculust View Post
It is unhealthy and counter-productive. There are folks on these boards who spend HOURS of their time and energy moaning and groaning about all the perceived injustices and wrongs in their lives and in the world. And rather than DO something about it they bi***. If you find this place too expensive, GET A JOB or FIND AN ADDITIONAL ONE or MOVE (I will never understand the complainers about money.... how is being on city-data helping your savings account?!?!). If you don't like the weather, try to make the best of it or find a weather-suitable hobby or MOVE. If you don't like the people, branch out to other networks or groups or MOVE. But hunkering down at your computer at home spewing nonsense and complaining about how imperfect your life is is not only useless but really rather pathetic. I mean really.... since when does complaining actually lead to productive solutions?
If you think city-data is bad, go on over to the San Francisco Chronicle's website (sfgate.com) and read the comments section of any article concerning San Francisco or especially Oakland. The posters on SFGate.com make those in city-data look like high intellectuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland