Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,716 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I recently finished school and moved to the bay area for a job. My position is in Petaluma, in southern Sonoma County. I have also been living in Petaluma, in order to adjust to my new job without dealing with a commute. However, I am a 25 year old, and while Petaluma seems like a great place for families, there isn't much going on for someone in my age group. I absolutely love San Francisco, however, and have been spending a lot of free time there. I am considering finding an apartment in San Francisco once my lease in Petaluma is up, and I am curious on what locals think of the SF to Petaluma commute. Doable? I have done it during rush hour many times, and it doesn't seem too bad, since it is a reverse commute. It is certainly expensive, though. I would also want to find an apartment in SF that is close to the Golden Gate bridge. I have also considered living somewhere in Marin, but I don't think it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 10:33 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
I drove it for a month, it's not that bad because you are going the other way from the rush. It's still long though

Old 03-22-2010, 10:58 PM

206 posts, read 416,695 times
If it was the other way around, Golden Gate transit would be easy. But I guess, since you work in Petaluma-well you could still look up the Golden Gate transit and see if there is a connector to your work place. It is not that bad and neither is the drive. When I worked there, one of my colleagues commuted from Santa Rosa 3 days a week and worked from home 2 days. I think late night buses might be a problem or even non existant. But otherwise should be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland