Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 03:59 PM

48 posts, read 115,219 times

Advertisements

I drove out of New York one beautiful night(without thinking) and ended up in Texas! . Yee Haw! Did I mention "without thinking"?
I been here since march of 2008 and I am sick of it. I can't stand the people, the business , the classless houston. My Parents are the rest of my family are all back still in new york. Had some family problems - Hence the move. Had a rough childhood, So i am trying to find my place and peace in this world . But NOT HERE! i can't stand these people with no culture. It's just non-sense. The radio is not getting any better either. AM radio is filled with hateful people who brainwash these inbreds( well, i am done with these people , trust me ) daily and constantly.

I want to just get out of here now. I have a degree in electrical and computer engineering from a reputable college in new york. Graduated with *** laude. 3.3G.PA. and I got roughly 2-3 years of engineering experience under my belt.

The problem is that I want to move out of here as soon as possible. I have a friend in Cali( San fransisco) who said to give him a call if I want to move to california. I really want to . But I have no money saved up right now and Right now , unfortunately , i am out of work. I still have about 10 months of lease left on my apartment.
I don't want to break the lease although "i really should" . It'd be a huge favor I would be doing for myself. hmm, what part of California should I move to ? How much does an apartment cost , for a single bedroom ? Other than san fransisco what cities have jobs for an engineer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 07:49 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
I hear there are some engineers in...Silicon Valley.

And how does one magically land in Texas when driving out of NY?

Didn't think there would be rednecks there?

Old 08-03-2010, 09:20 PM

767 posts, read 1,743,967 times
What part of TX are you in? I thought that Dallas was fairly cosmopolitan with lots of transplants- why not try there first?

Old 08-04-2010, 11:09 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
The OP doesn't sound remotely close to mature.

Houston might be the wrong place for you - but why do you think San Francisco is the place for you? And how could you not know that the biggest concentration of engineering related jobs in CA is in Silicon Valley, not San Francisco?

It sounds to me like the OP NEEDS to escape a bad situation that really has nothing to do with Texas or Houston. But no money saved, no job, it seems unlikely to me that a 1500 mile move west will solve those problems.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:15 AM

473 posts, read 1,328,241 times
What's wrong - didn't get the answer you were looking for when you posted this thread elsewhere: //www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...ate-texas.html

Old 08-04-2010, 01:08 PM

48 posts, read 115,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
The OP doesn't sound remotely close to mature.

Houston might be the wrong place for you - but why do you think San Francisco is the place for you? And how could you not know that the biggest concentration of engineering related jobs in CA is in Silicon Valley, not San Francisco?

It sounds to me like the OP NEEDS to escape a bad situation that really has nothing to do with Texas or Houston. But no money saved, no job, it seems unlikely to me that a 1500 mile move west will solve those problems.
ahhh,
i guess , u r right. I can't think straight now . But I am from a abusive house , which is why I moved to texas without thinking. and I didn't know that silicon valley is the center of everything because I am learning everything from scratch after escaping my violent upbringing. anyway, thanks homie.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:01 PM

473 posts, read 1,328,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2009 View Post
ahhh,
i guess , u r right. I can't think straight now . But I am from a abusive house , which is why I moved to texas without thinking. and I didn't know that silicon valley is the center of everything because I am learning everything from scratch after escaping my violent upbringing. anyway, thanks homie.
Silicon Valley isn't the center of anything, including the Bay Area region. Yes, it has this image of being the hub of innovation, etc... but the 408 area code is an ugly, concrete, cultureless region lacking aesthetic beauty and numerous activities. There is a huge disconnect between the image of Silicon Valley and the reality. If you want the beauty, culture, scenery, and friendliness people associate with the California lifestyle, you'll be sorely disappointed if you move to San Jose. It's nothing but freeways, tract homes, and stressed out people working ridiculous hours and barely making ends meet despite huge salaries because the cost of living is so high.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:13 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickOfCalifornia View Post
What's wrong - didn't get the answer you were looking for when you posted this thread elsewhere: //www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...ate-texas.html
What he really needs to do is get help escaping the horrible state of himself. Until he manages that, and I think it will take therapy, he won't be welcome or a success in CA or anywhere else. He's likely unemployed due to strinkin' thinkin' on the job. Can't wait for him to try to rent anywhere with a broken lease following him around for years.

Oh, yeah! Just in case he reads this, this current "red stater" is a California native. He can run but he can't hide from himself.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:06 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2009 View Post
the classless houston.
Well there you go. You picked Houston. You should have aimed higher.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:37 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Well there you go. You picked Houston. You should have aimed higher.

The manner in which this person talks shows no class at all...maybe he does not know what class is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose