Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 07:09 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,949,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I once saw a woman being pushed in a wheelchair in downtown SJ. She had no arms and no legs, only a head and torso. She seemed quite happy.

Adjust your perspective.
Must been all the vicodins? Is this what you're suggesting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,930,847 times
Lets try to stay on topic and keep the pointless bickering to a minimum, okay?

Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidation View Post
How plastic every person is? This is especially true in Santana Row, but applies to the suits in downtown as well. Its like these people are copies of one another. They dress, look and act exactly the same. What makes it worse is in Santana Row they generally are all the same ethnicity as well (indian, asian, french white, or arabic). However, there is no personality at all. You people talk crap about santa Cruz, but at least there is some personality there instead of plastic and fake. People dont sit all dayin suits inoffices or in front of computers but actually go out to get some sun.

Whats funny is how in Santana Row they wear all this crappy showbosting jewelry to try making themselves rich looking or some crap when no one gives a crap about their no taste rings or medallions. And since theyre all wearing them, it only makes them appear more plastic.

What's funny is how wildly inaccurate this post is. First off, claiming that DT San Jose and Santana Row are at all similar leads people who are familiar with both to believe you've never been to either. Second, it's far from only whites and asians who hang around Santana Row. Again, have you ever been there? I do agree that Santana Row is pretty "fake" though.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,898 times
I feel sorry for the op, apparently not to well traveled or open minded. Guess what? Your going to find the same thing all over the world. Not just Sj, not just Ca. or even the U.S. for that matter, but every where. Spend more time worrying about yourself, keeping it to yourself, and figure out how to get more out of what you want in life. No need to judge in general, when you really dont have a clue about these people. You really dont have it all figured out....

Old 01-12-2012, 11:42 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Que language is this?
Smartphone with chubby fingers language?

As for the OP, I lived in San Francisco for 4+ years before moving to San Jose - and I find SJ to be more diverse, generally speaking. There are plenty of things I don't like about this town and miss about SF, but lack of diversity doesn't apply in either case.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:02 PM

936 posts, read 2,068,882 times
Is this that same guy who used to post (with horrible grammar and spelling) about his inability to pick up women in San Jose/Santana Row? I think his name was ioSwriter or something like that?

Quote:
they generally are all the same ethnicity as well (indian, asian, french white, or arabic). .
You say "the same ethnicity" and then list 5. interesting

Old 01-13-2012, 05:13 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowen View Post

You say "the same ethnicity" and then list 5. interesting
Details, details. They're all the same...aren't they?

Right iOSWriter?

Old 01-13-2012, 05:39 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,846 times
He's had about 5 accounts on here, keeps getting banned and then coming back.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:05 PM

68 posts, read 167,350 times
I lived quite some time in both areas and I can tell you that the people in Santa Cruz has the same heard mentality as the people in Santana Row, or anywhere else for that matter; it's just wrapped differently. In Santana Row it's the wannabe rich/posh culture, in Santa Cruz it's the hippie/druggie/surfer counter-culture BS. In general, both groups are as authentic as the meat in Chicken McNuggets , with some exceptions of course.

As for people sitting behind computers too much, at least they are staying productive, contributing to society, and earn a decent living for it, while the average Santa Cruz "hippie" doesn't have much to offer other than burning up on the sun most of the day. The computer geeks can enjoy the outdoors on weekend.

Again, I am generalizing here and have met authentic representatives of both cultures.

-- ilya

Old 01-19-2012, 02:32 AM

591 posts, read 866,307 times
Quote:
How plastic every person is? This is especially true in Santana Row, but applies to the suits in downtown as well. Its like these people are copies of one another. They dress, look and act exactly the same. What makes it worse is in Santana Row they generally are all the same ethnicity as well (indian, asian, french white, or arabic). However, there is no personality at all. You people talk crap about santa Cruz, but at least there is some personality there instead of plastic and fake. People dont sit all dayin suits inoffices or in front of computers but actually go out to get some sun.

Whats funny is how in Santana Row they wear all this crappy showbosting jewelry to try making themselves rich looking or some crap when no one gives a crap about their no taste rings or medallions. And since theyre all wearing them, it only makes them appear more plastic.
Spot on for SR, however, in Santa Cruz they are all obligatory "left-of-Fidel" dems/green/alternate lifestyle/anti-fast food/anything American is evil,etc. and that's just as much a poseur trip, just different. If you are Joe Mainstream from Dubuque, you will not be welcome in Santa Cruz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose