Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 05:42 AM

5 posts, read 11,493 times

Advertisements

How plastic every person is? This is especially true in Santana Row, but applies to the suits in downtown as well. Its like these people are copies of one another. They dress, look and act exactly the same. What makes it worse is in Santana Row they generally are all the same ethnicity as well (indian, asian, french white, or arabic). However, there is no personality at all. You people talk crap about santa Cruz, but at least there is some personality there instead of plastic and fake. People dont sit all dayin suits inoffices or in front of computers but actually go out to get some sun.

Whats funny is how in Santana Row they wear all this crappy showbosting jewelry to try making themselves rich looking or some crap when no one gives a crap about their no taste rings or medallions. And since theyre all wearing them, it only makes them appear more plastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 11:31 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,041,770 times
Even though you're clearly a troll, I'll bite.

Your assessment of Santana Row is pretty much correct.

As far as your assessment of downtown SJ, that's pretty much a load of crap. Downtown SJ probably has the biggest variety of people than anywhere else in the city. You'll see people from all different ethnicities and walks of life all over the place. You have business travellers, SJSU students, concert goers, hockey fans, hoodlum/gangbangers and wannabe hoodlum gangbangers heading to the clubs, you have SJ's version of guidos also heading to the clubs...etc. Plastic and fake may apply to some of these people, but definitely only a small majority.

If you're going to post criticisms like this, you should at least have some small clue about what you're talking about.

And, if you really want to take it there, we could talk about Santa Cruz's lack of diversity. SC is not even remotely as diverse as SJ.

The fact that you talk about how people in Santa Cruz go out and get some sun also makes me think that you have no clue what you're talking about. Many people in SC have to commute over the hill for real jobs and end up sitting in their offices in front of their computers all day. The ones who are out getting sun probably have no job and/or probably use drugs or are just all around losers and have nothing better to do.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:04 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,159,353 times
Santana Row is as fake and shallow as fake and shallow can get. But I went to SJSU, and I always found the downtown to be an interesting mix of grit and class, whether you're in a commercial area or a residential one. Walk down the same street, and dumpy apartments and frat houses give way to gracious and beautiful homes, high-rises give way to humble neighborhoods where small home businesses carve out a niche. Then there's the courthouse which overlooks St. James Park, which is a dumping ground for the homeless and destitute. There's nothing one-dimensional about SJ downtown.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:30 PM

457 posts, read 1,182,819 times
I love it how everyone complains about Santana Row but for most people outside of San Jose it is one of the main attractions to the area.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Even though you're clearly a troll, I'll bite.

Your assessment of Santana Row is pretty much correct.

As far as your assessment of downtown SJ, that's pretty much a load of crap. Downtown SJ probably has the biggest variety of people than anywhere else in the city. You'll see people from all different ethnicities and walks of life all over the place. You have business travellers, SJSU students, concert goers, hockey fans, hoodlum/gangbangers and wannabe hoodlum gangbangers heading to the clubs, you have SJ's version of guidos also heading to the clubs...etc. Plastic and fake may apply to some of these people, but definitely only a small majority.

If you're going to post criticisms like this, you should at least have some small clue about what you're talking about.

And, if you really want to take it there, we could talk about Santa Cruz's lack of diversity. SC is not even remotely as diverse as SJ.

The fact that you talk about how people in Santa Cruz go out and get some sun also makes me think that you have no clue what you're talking about. Many people in SC have to commute over the hill for real jobs and end up sitting in their offices in front of their computers all day. The ones who are out getting sun probably have no job and/or probably use drugs or are just all around losers and have nothing better to do.

I agree in a way, but not in terms of the work force. I recently went to an agency in downtown San Jose which was as corporate as they come. Everyon outside fit in two group: either gangsta/honeless or suits. Tehre was nothingin beteen. No students, hippis, nothing. Maybe in certain tims of the eyqr itw duverse, but not on Mondays these days qnd when I went. Notonly that but it was a crappy dompany that bakground checks on even misdemeanors. *** the corporate lifestyle.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post
I love it how everyone complains about Santana Row but for most people outside of San Jose it is one of the main attractions to the area.
Have you actually picked up a oman there before? Sure it may be ok lace to go for food with friends but th dating life is atrocious. Its gold digger after gold digger and rude bytch after rude bytch. Mybe if your an asian or russian ***** its fun but if your a male under 30 without a huge bank account and a thick skin youll be slaughtered there.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:26 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,847,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidation View Post
Maybe in certain tims of the eyqr itw duverse, but not on Mondays these days qnd when I went. Notonly that but it was a crappy dompany that bakground checks on even misdemeanors.
Que language is this?

Old 12-18-2011, 12:30 AM

767 posts, read 1,744,172 times
^ Esperanto

Old 12-18-2011, 12:35 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidation View Post
How plastic every person is? This is especially true in Santana Row, but applies to the suits in downtown as well. Its like these people are copies of one another. They dress, look and act exactly the same. What makes it worse is in Santana Row they generally are all the same ethnicity as well (indian, asian, french white, or arabic). However, there is no personality at all. You people talk crap about santa Cruz, but at least there is some personality there instead of plastic and fake. People dont sit all dayin suits inoffices or in front of computers but actually go out to get some sun.

Whats funny is how in Santana Row they wear all this crappy showbosting jewelry to try making themselves rich looking or some crap when no one gives a crap about their no taste rings or medallions. And since theyre all wearing them, it only makes them appear more plastic.
Sounds like someone is jealous! I think the phenomenon you are describing is known as "having a well-paying, professional job." Sorry, it tends to happen over here.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:03 PM

12 posts, read 17,253 times
Santana Row is where people go for phony downtown scene, and Downtown SJ is the playground for thugs, homeless people and mentally ills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose