Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 07:39 PM

2 posts, read 5,488 times

Advertisements

I am trying to buy a house in the Santa Clara county. I want to buy at the place that has the most house value growing potential. What's your recommendation? And what's your reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 03:56 PM

4,327 posts, read 6,293,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpthk View Post
I am trying to buy a house in the Santa Clara county. I want to buy at the place that has the most house value growing potential. What's your recommendation? And what's your reason?
I like where I live, Mountain View. It borders two extremely pricey cities (Los Altos, Palo Alto). It has great schools that are rapidly improving (it shares a school district with Los Altos). It is ideally located close to major SV companies and is only a Caltrain ride away from SF. It is expensive, but compared to the other cities, it is reasonably priced.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,070,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
I like where I live, Mountain View. It borders two extremely pricey cities (Los Altos, Palo Alto). It has great schools that are rapidly improving (it shares a school district with Los Altos). It is ideally located close to major SV companies and is only a Caltrain ride away from SF. It is expensive, but compared to the other cities, it is reasonably priced.
I'd agree with roadwarrior101 for the same reasons. I lived in Mountain View and moved away (temporarily) but kept the house I own. I plan to move back into it. I do see house prices increase in Mountain View. There is still a lot of real estate there that could go up in value.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:19 AM

96 posts, read 300,004 times
San Francisco likely has the most growth potential. It's a world class city, it's impossible to build anything and people will always want to live there whether or the dotcom economy is up or down.

In Silicon Valley, pick the city with the best schools.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:39 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,012,447 times
Sunnyvale has the greatest growing potential because tech giants in Mountain View(such as Google) and Cupertino (such as Apple) are increasingly growing into it. The rent market already reflects that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpthk View Post

Old 08-30-2012, 05:02 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,854,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 511pf View Post

In Silicon Valley, pick the city with the best schools.
That might be Cupertino. Much home real estate investment going on there, especially by families from overseas.

Apple building their new space ship on Stevens Creek won't hurt property values over there, either.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:24 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,170,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Mountain View also has some really horrible-looking houses, especially close to 101, which will be bulldozed and replaced with nicer homes. This process causes further gentrification.

Then there's Palo Alto, one of the only cities that didn't experience any real housing decline.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:36 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,550,195 times
Alviso

Old 09-01-2012, 10:30 PM

23,577 posts, read 24,102,669 times
Milpitas (the values are lower than say, Cupertino, Sunnyvale and Mountain View), so it has some further appreciation potential. It's location (close to Silicon Valley) cannot be beat.

I would also say that some of the moderately priced areas in Fremont (though not Santa Clara County) have some further appreciation potential as home buyers get priced out of Santa Clara County and look elsewhere. Obviously, the high end neighborhoods in Fremont (Mission San Jose, etc) are already priced close to comparable Mountain View, Sunnyvale, and Cupertino neighborhoods.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:39 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,854,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Milpitas
As long as it doesn't stink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose