Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 03:15 PM

493 posts, read 636,645 times

Advertisements

" Unless you have a HUGE fetish for Asian women, can't score chicks and are happy with what you get, do not live in San Jose.

I'm planning a move to Miami, San Diego, or Austin. I need a couple more years of banging hotties"

I saw this posted by some guy named So Cal Dreams, I think that was his sn...are you telling me that in the third largest city in California there aren't attractive women...(BTW: There are many attractive Asian Women, I would think that there would be attractive Women of all races), tell me this guy doesn't know what he is talking about...would someone with a Political Science/History degree be able to find a job maybe with the government...or some clerical work to provide an alternative to all the tech nerds out there...(no offense to all the computer geeks out there...you know I say that as a joke)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 03:48 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,343,273 times
This place has many hot women, but their stock is too high because of the number of dudes around here (most with money). That makes them even less attainable, in some cases.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:16 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,421 times
It's funny you bring that post up. I had a long response to his post, but ended up not posting it. The guy is obviously imature and probably not capable of picking up any women with class and a sense of dignity.

I think the real problem is with the poster. It is his lack of character and intelligence that interferes with him getting any respectable woman.

The woman are there. They aren't all Asian either.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
It's funny you bring that post up. I had a long response to his post, but ended up not posting it. The guy is obviously imature and probably not capable of picking up any women with class and a sense of dignity.

I think the real problem is with the poster. It is his lack of character and intelligence that interferes with him getting any respectable woman.

Cool, yeah, I figured this guy was...in lala land...I wonder if he has the means to live in all those cities...

Old 03-16-2008, 08:42 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
I agree. I lived in San Jose for 20 years, before I met my wife and eventually moved away. There are many attractive and intelligent women in the bay area, but they typically don't hang out in bars. So how to meet them? Here's a secret; take some outdoor recreation classes. If a guy wants to keep up canoing, he'll typically buy or rent a canoe and just go. If a woman wants to take up canoing, she finds a canoing class. There are classes in backpacking, horse back riding, etc. Go to one of these classes, and you'll be the only guy there. Brilliant.

Personally I had great luck using match.com. Never had so much sex in my life. You have to have a sense of humor about it though. People get very jaded to developing relationships when their next candidate is just a mouse click away. I met my wife via an introduction from mutual friends though.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:39 PM

Yeah, it's funny...along with looking at this site, facebook, and the like...I like to go to craig's list...and type in different metropolitan areas...san jose isn't separated from the bay area...and most of the women appear to come from sf and the east bay suburbs...san jose doesn't appear to have many come up...I like to compare the submitted pics from different areas...who knows...hopefully I'll come to the bay early next year...so attractive women don't go to bars? that sucks...I mean...even though with the cost of living for the bay...the drinks are probably much more expensive than here...I would still think it would be a viable option to pick up women...there are many of vegan, tai chi, types around my campus...who heir on the liberal side (UNT is quite liberal even though the town is pretty conservative) I dunno...If I did find a nice bay area woman...it would be cool if she was into that stuff...but still like to drink a good shiner bock (the texas beer) once in a while

Old 03-16-2008, 02:16 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,421 times
I'm sure attractive woman go to bars. But you're going to find the same old thing there. If you are looking for an intelligent person who can hold a conversation, it may be best to look elsewhere.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:20 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
From a woman's point of view and one who was born near San Jose, let me see if I can shine some light on the topic

Most women want to find someone they feel they can settle down with; meaning someone who makes a decent/honest living. They don't want to have to contend with someone who might have issues, henceforth they don't hit the bars to meet men, only to have a good time.

One poster had the bright thinking of signing up for outdoor recreation classes and I think I'd agree, it's a good route, providing it's something you're interested in and than you'll also have something in common with one another.

Yes, I used to do the bar scene and I can tell you that in my case the guys I met in the bars were nothing like the man I married nearly 20 years ago.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:23 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,783,209 times
Quote:
cleosmom: From a woman's point of view and one who was born near San Jose, let me see if I can shine some light on the topic

Most women want to find someone they feel they can settle down with; meaning someone who makes a decent/honest living. They don't want to have to contend with someone who might have issues, henceforth they don't hit the bars to meet men, only to have a good time.

One poster had the bright thinking of signing up for outdoor recreation classes and I think I'd agree, it's a good route, providing it's something you're interested in and than you'll also have something in common with one another.
I'm checking out the San Jose threads now, because my daughter is going to San Jose State next year -- she could have gone to San Diego, but, ironically, one of the reasons she chose not to go there (although they have a great program in her field -- but San Jose will work, too) -- is because she felt that there were too many blonde-haired, snooty type girls -- she wants to be in a place she feels comfortable, and she feels comfortable in San Jose. She's very fashionable and cute, but is not spoiled, and the snooty, spoiled kids are not appealing to her. (So, that's why I end up on these San Jose boards more, because I'm trying to get a feel for it more.)

Anyway, the point really is to emphasize Cleo's Mom's point that classes are a terrific way to meet women -- anyplace!

Quote:
Kdog: I lived in San Jose for 20 years, before I met my wife and eventually moved away. There are many attractive and intelligent women in the bay area, but they typically don't hang out in bars. So how to meet them? Here's a secret; take some outdoor recreation classes. If a guy wants to keep up canoing, he'll typically buy or rent a canoe and just go. If a woman wants to take up canoing, she finds a canoing class. There are classes in backpacking, horse back riding, etc. Go to one of these classes, and you'll be the only guy there. Brilliant.
And Kdog also made the same point. It's true. I teach a very popular art class in Santa Cruz (Drawing from the Right Side of the Brain), and, inevitably, it is about 28 women and 2 guys! I am always surprised when I see the men. Women like to learn, they like to be social, and a class is a way to combine both. It's really true, if you want to meet a woman, join a class in a subject you enjoy!

The guys I've had in my classes are often well-educated (had some from Dream Works and other computer places), heads of computer companies (they want to learn to draw, too), and professors at UCSC. Some of the most fun classes I've had have been with "the geeks." We would just burst out laughing at all the jokes. I wish I could get more men to participate in the classes -- it's a nice balance when you have a similar number of males and females. My classes have women from age 18 and up.

I think that is the best suggestion, and I'm glad to hear it from a guy, too -- pass the word on -- one of the best ways to meet women is in a class! Kdog is right -- you'll be the only (or one of the few) guys there, and you'll have your pick of women!

Old 03-16-2008, 06:20 PM

It's gonna be around a year before begin my quest to tame the state of California under my belt...but, I don't know if I would spend money on a class...specifically for purpose of picking up women...not every woman that goes to a bar is trashy...there are different bars in my town...one is very popular with the college crows (and many alumni from my high school) I also go to a sports bar with friends...which is incredibly smoky and I have seen some trashy women there! I'd like to be able to meet open minded women...but still secure (good all-american) types...not necessarily gonna force me to go vegan...I guess conoeing is popular up there...I just boat and swim in the man made lakes that are near my city...maybe canoeing would be cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose