Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2014, 09:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,272 times

Advertisements

I currently live at the base of Communications Hill, on Vistapark, and work just on the north slope Monterrey and Curtner.

For the last few weeks my boss has been talking about there being a program run by the city to assist those living and working in and around Communications Hill with their rent. He even directed me to some workers at a neighboring warehouse who were receiving such assistance, unfortunately there was a language barrier and I got nothing useful out of them.

Calling the city directed me to the Communications Hill Specific Plan, which DOES mention some kind of incentive to attract residents and workers, but no specific details are given. The clerk I spoke with also said it was separate from Section 8(which would be ideal, since I do not qualify).

I ask this because I am planning to go back to school, and do not fancy living paycheck to paycheck to do so, so anything would help. Does anyone know more information about this program? If its real, and if so, who do I contact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 11:03 PM

865 posts, read 1,827,478 times
Funny you should ask, at the apartments at the bottom of the hill there is a sign that says "Helzer Court Apartments - Housing Authority of the County of Santa Clara." We have been wondering what that meant, but it certainly sounds like some kind of public housing. Perhaps try calling their office to ask?

Old 07-29-2014, 11:38 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Normally, full-time students cannot qualify for subsidized housing, but if you're working, that should be fine.

I looked on the Santa Clara County housing authority website and found that they do subsidize the Helzer Court Apts, which are managed by someone else. Here's the site:

Helzer Courts - FPI Management Inc.

This is a nice resource for low income housing options in Santa Clara County:

http://www.socialserve.com/tenant/CA...egion_id=32090

Old 07-30-2014, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,272 times
After calling their(Helzer) office, I got a bit more information: that is a Tax Credit community, that also accepts Section 8. Basically landlords offer cheap rent in exchange for paying low/no taxes. However this isn't linked to Comm Hill in anyway. The program my boss was talking about was centered around it.

I'll keep looking around, see what turns up.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:32 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Let us know. I know others in the area who would like to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose