Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 07:10 PM

10 posts, read 25,230 times

Advertisements

what would you consider the "makati circle" district/zoning area? is it considered edenvale, santa teresa or blossom hill? i'm not sure because i've seen examples of all three. thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 08:45 PM

1,318 posts, read 3,555,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchyno
Thanks for your input you guys. Really appreciate it. Not sure how Bobby live in San jose while also calling it "gangland" but to everyone else, thanks again.

You are absolutely right. I think bobby guzman is afraid of being hispanic himself.
LOL, that has to be the funniest troll comment I've ever seen, take sarcasm as straight up literal, that is creative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchyno View Post
Where do you live? and have you ever lived in san jose? i've been to san francisco and it was okay. some weird stuff going on but nothing like shootings and stuff. also are you saying that even cupertino where steve jobs used to live was also full of gangs and shootings since your answer seems to make san jose into 1 giant ghetto?
Enlighten me, where in Cupertino did Steve Jobs use to live? I know about the house in Los Altos he grew up in, the house in Palo Alto he died in, and the Jackling house he had demolished, but where in Cupertino did he live, and at what point, the early Apple days?

Old 09-29-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal2007 View Post
LOL, that has to be the funniest troll comment I've ever seen, take sarcasm as straight up literal, that is creative.

Enlighten me, where in Cupertino did Steve Jobs use to live? I know about the house in Los Altos he grew up in, the house in Palo Alto he died in, and the Jackling house he had demolished, but where in Cupertino did he live, and at what point, the early Apple days?
first of all, i'm not from san jose. so let that sink in for a minute. your idea of creative must have many limitations based on that. second idk where steve jobs actually lived but again, not being from san jose, who am i to say whats truth? i'm here for the truth, not for bobby guz man to feel better about herself.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,993 times
Quote:
what would you consider the "makati circle" district/zoning area? is it considered edenvale, santa teresa or blossom hill? i'm not sure because i've seen examples of all three. thanks guys.
Both Edenvale and Blossom Valley could apply to Makati Circle. It's basically at the far east end of Blossom Valley. Blossom Valley is a large "district" of San Jose while Edenvale is more of a neighborhood. Santa Teresa is directly south of Makati.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:26 PM

865 posts, read 1,828,174 times
Check out www.crimereports.com and play around with the filters to increase what you consider crime and the date range.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:09 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermomma View Post
Check out www.crimereports.com and play around with the filters to increase what you consider crime and the date range.
Good advice. I actually found out from crimereports.com after I moved away from Makati Circle that my next door neighbor was a registered sex offender. I had a casual and friendly relationship with the guy while I lived there and had no idea at the time. He actually was one of the people who's car was broken into while I lived in the complex. I met him not long after moving in when I informed him that his car had been broken into. (his alarm woke me up early in the morning)

Old 10-01-2014, 01:17 PM

158 posts, read 358,755 times
I would call Makati Circle part of the Blossom Valley neighborhood. But these things do get really fuzzy and aren't well defined. Real estate agents will kind of fib and apply the most favorable label to their listings, for example.

I used to live kind of north of Makati Circle, near Hellyer Park where the neighborhood would be maybe Edenvale, almost Seven Trees. But anyway... not too many people use the neighborhood names in general, in my experience. But yeah, as others have pointed out, things are generally nicer and cleaner south/west of Monterey. Just a general pattern for that area. As someone also mentioned, if/when you visit the Walmart on Monterey road, you'll see the folk there. I would literally leave Walmart depressed and stressed out every time I visited there (infrequently). All along Monterey Highway is pretty scrubby for the most part, pretty much all the way until downtown. But that's where a lot of the shops are, such as they are. But I digress. As others say, that Makati Circle area, there's the part east of there where the new shopping is going. The existing Lowes is nice. Easy access to Hwy 85 and a Kaiser right there. Decent little shops, banks etc. A lot of conveniences going in there. San Jose is running out of land, and that area they're building up there is some of the last of the large tracts of land where things like that can even be built. (Used to be IBM and stuff back in the day, really.) So that building up of shops and such will increase your property value, in my opinion. The houses and condos around there are generally nicer and built in what I assume is the 60s/70s/80s as opposed to 40s/50s/60s, so generally bigger and more modern construction. Just a rule of thumb.

More on the side, I have to pile on about the Almaden Costco. That's my nearest Costco and that whole Almaden center is terribly designed. Did it used to be something else in the '80s or something? Because it's like they built on this backside and added a Costco, but the rest of it has a terrible design with silly walkway in-between that's just wasting space. Whole thing needs a parking garage at this point or just to be torn down and built into some kind of mall. (I'd hate to lose Costco.) Didn't know they were planning a new Costco over there by 85 and 101, interesting.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeya View Post
I would call Makati Circle part of the Blossom Valley neighborhood. But these things do get really fuzzy and aren't well defined. Real estate agents will kind of fib and apply the most favorable label to their listings, for example.

I used to live kind of north of Makati Circle, near Hellyer Park where the neighborhood would be maybe Edenvale, almost Seven Trees. But anyway... not too many people use the neighborhood names in general, in my experience. But yeah, as others have pointed out, things are generally nicer and cleaner south/west of Monterey. Just a general pattern for that area. As someone also mentioned, if/when you visit the Walmart on Monterey road, you'll see the folk there. I would literally leave Walmart depressed and stressed out every time I visited there (infrequently). All along Monterey Highway is pretty scrubby for the most part, pretty much all the way until downtown. But that's where a lot of the shops are, such as they are. But I digress. As others say, that Makati Circle area, there's the part east of there where the new shopping is going. The existing Lowes is nice. Easy access to Hwy 85 and a Kaiser right there. Decent little shops, banks etc. A lot of conveniences going in there. San Jose is running out of land, and that area they're building up there is some of the last of the large tracts of land where things like that can even be built. (Used to be IBM and stuff back in the day, really.) So that building up of shops and such will increase your property value, in my opinion. The houses and condos around there are generally nicer and built in what I assume is the 60s/70s/80s as opposed to 40s/50s/60s, so generally bigger and more modern construction. Just a rule of thumb.

More on the side, I have to pile on about the Almaden Costco. That's my nearest Costco and that whole Almaden center is terribly designed. Did it used to be something else in the '80s or something? Because it's like they built on this backside and added a Costco, but the rest of it has a terrible design with silly walkway in-between that's just wasting space. Whole thing needs a parking garage at this point or just to be torn down and built into some kind of mall. (I'd hate to lose Costco.) Didn't know they were planning a new Costco over there by 85 and 101, interesting.
Thank you Zeya. You and mstnghu2 have actually contributed useful information imo. i can't thank you guys enough.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:21 AM

1,696 posts, read 2,861,476 times
Quote:
Thank you Zeya. You and mstnghu2 have actually contributed useful information imo. i can't thank you guys enough.
I hope they also dispelled your initial view of San Jose and its "gangs"

I'm just wondering, how did you come to associate San Jose with "gangs"? It's an honest question, as I'd like to know how people outside of my city perceives it.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
I hope they also dispelled your initial view of San Jose and its "gangs"

I'm just wondering, how did you come to associate San Jose with "gangs"? It's an honest question, as I'd like to know how people outside of my city perceives it.
hey bobby, so just check these out first: Google Search: san jose gangs & Google Images Search: san jose gangs & City-data.com (Google.com) Search: san jose gangs

i guess it all depends where you are but not being familliar with anything around there i just figured i'd ask around to make sure. wouldn't you or anyone in general do the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose