Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 05:05 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times

Advertisements

Imagine your boss. He shows up for his 6 hour work day and does nothing but chastise other employees, making them mad, blaming them for things they had nothing to do with and lying to you and everyone else. He simply doesn't have the ability to tell someone, "Good Job." The best is "Good Job, but you have this issue all messed up. He's also very stupid. He tells military applicants he can't hire them because of deployment conflicts. He makes remarks to employees regarding race and told me I was being too sensitive when I tried to write up one of his reports for repeatedly using the term "w*tb*ck" to describe people of a certain origin. He consistently makes comments about the attractiveness of females, especially if something being worn is more shapely than a canvas sack. He's the cheapest man on the planet, driven by a % of profit bonus that he has equated to any $ spent is money out of his pocket. The offices haven't been cleaned in a decade. Mice infest the building. Accident areas are ignored. The warehouse is aligned precariously enough that favors are asked for retrieval in certain areas. Worker injuries are not reported unless it requires serious medical attention. 8 years ago a worker died on the job. The workstation was never changed. The only place he'll spend money is in an attempt to catch someone doing wrong. He had to be talked out of installing cameras in the bathroom to curb the loss of toilet paper. He's constantly found rifling through work desks.

The business is held together only because it has a truly unique product, not that he designed, but was purchased. The exodus of talent from the company is amazing. >100% turnover in management with only 1 manager remaining in position for more than a year. The specialized workers have a much harder lot. As nobody else makes the product, they have to start over anywhere they go...which is exactly what he likes.

So, when I found out I was sick, I went to him to let him know I needed to work 8 hour days instead of 12-14. I wanted to split my position (heading multiple departments) and thought the greater emphasis on each would actually help improve the areas. I told him I'd be fine with a reduction to commiserate with the reduced role. This was agreed but he wanted to find the next person in order to determine the breakdown. So this was done. Replacement was hired and trained. With anticipated time available I scheduled my first surgery, which was today. He's let me know that he's going to terminate tomorrow.

Now he's smart enough to know to pay me hush money or I'm going to f him and his company up tremendously. I haven't received it yet, so I feel free to write this...and the reality is I could never work again if I pursued this so I won't, but I was hoping to never see him again.

However he's a customer at my spouse's store. Neither one of us want his business. Can we ethically tell him to go somewhere else?

OMG Wow..auto blood-pressure alert is going off...just lying in the hospital bed and typing this My last reading was 119/65 rate of 77. This one is 161/85 rate of 102. I really want to get away from this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 10:45 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,074 times
Feel better now?

Old 01-21-2015, 11:21 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
He's probably violating the FMLA act if he's going to fire you while you are on medical leave depending on how many employees he has.

Call a labor law lawyer.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:05 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,780,716 times
  1. Use a hidden recorder to get him talking all of his nonsense, and present it to HR.
  2. as someone else said, talk to a labor lawyer
  3. I believe private stores can refuse service to any customer they want, but I'm not sure. Ask the lawyer while you're at it.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:32 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Feel better now?
Yeah. And of course I'm done now. Everyone is awesome, of course.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:15 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
There is beauty in revenge.

Short of that: Be done with this awfulness, and let the foul stew in their own horror.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:55 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times
This would be a good post for the Employment forum. Sorry to hear about your story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose