Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2020, 04:47 AM
Rus Rus started this thread

2 posts, read 856 times

Advertisements

Hi! What about a situation of covid-19 in USA and in San Jose?
I hope that you are OK and haven’t problems.
I think that your government very clever and very good that you have money from government.
In my country not good with this help.

Be careful and stay strong.

Last edited by Rus; 04-25-2020 at 05:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 07:31 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Actually, San Jose is in one of the hardest-hit counties in CA, possibly THE hardest-hit. No one knows why.

I saw Putin's speech in March about staying home in self-isolation. He said everyone would retain their salaries, or some such. This is much better than anything most Americans have, who lost their jobs due to the virus.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:11 PM

2,674 posts, read 2,628,363 times
Santa Clara is the hardest hit county in CA? We've had ~2000 confirmed cases, and a population of ~2,000,000, so ~0.1% confirmed infection rate. ~100 deaths (broken down by age on the link below).

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19...dashboard.aspx

I was thinking Santa Clara was one of the less affected counties...

Old 04-26-2020, 03:23 AM
Rus Rus started this thread

2 posts, read 856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, San Jose is in one of the hardest-hit counties in CA, possibly THE hardest-hit. No one knows why.

I saw Putin's speech in March about staying home in self-isolation. He said everyone would retain their salaries, or some such. This is much better than anything most Americans have, who lost their jobs due to the virus.
Everything is not quite as it seems.
Only people who work for the state and receive money from the budget keep their salaries.
People who work for ordinary small and medium-sized businesses will not be able to keep their salaries.
I will explain:
If you work for Gazprom or Sberbank, you are transferred to remote work from home and you continue to work, receiving the same money.
But if you work for ordinary businesses (cafes, restaurants, shops), then you are unlikely to keep your salary.

The fact is that Putin ordered all employers to send their employees on vacation and at the same time keep their salaries. Employers were able to do this for a month or two. But then the employer does not have money to pay employees, because the employer does not work.

In addition, it is very popular in Russia to receive a gray salary. This is when you officially receive, for example, $ 150 and $ 400 in an envelope.
This is to pay less taxes. And when the epidemic came, they stopped paying $ 400 (because they were not officially listed anywhere), and started paying only $ 150 a month.

As a result, a huge number of people were left without means of livelihood. Of course, they had some supplies, but they quickly ran out.

And most importantly, the government did not stop paying citizens for their obligations. In other words, people should continue to pay utilities, loans, mortgages, and so on.

There is such a thing as a state of Emergency.
If the government introduces it, the government assumes the obligations of citizens and suspends, for example, the payment of loans or utility payments.

However, Russia decided not to impose a state of Emergency, because the government does not want to help people cope with difficulties.

Instead, they came up with the concept of self-Isolation, which is not even in the Constitution. Then the government should not commit itself.

So it turns out that we are in a state of emergency, but this state has not been officially introduced.

It's very tricky.

A huge number of businesses stop surviving because there is almost no help from the state.

Do you want to know what kind of assistance the state provided to me personally?
62.5 dollars. This is only because I have a child at the age of 1 year.
62.5 dollars!!!

I know that in the United States, Canada, and other countries, the government helps citizens with money - $ 2,000 or so... This is a real help! This help can be felt in your hands.
And what is said on TV in Russia will not help an ordinary person who has lost his job, but who is forced by banks to continue paying off loans.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:18 AM

460 posts, read 232,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rus View Post
Everything is not quite as it seems.
Only people who work for the state and receive money from the budget keep their salaries.
People who work for ordinary small and medium-sized businesses will not be able to keep their salaries.
I will explain:
If you work for Gazprom or Sberbank, you are transferred to remote work from home and you continue to work, receiving the same money.
But if you work for ordinary businesses (cafes, restaurants, shops), then you are unlikely to keep your salary.

The fact is that Putin ordered all employers to send their employees on vacation and at the same time keep their salaries. Employers were able to do this for a month or two. But then the employer does not have money to pay employees, because the employer does not work.

In addition, it is very popular in Russia to receive a gray salary. This is when you officially receive, for example, $ 150 and $ 400 in an envelope.
This is to pay less taxes. And when the epidemic came, they stopped paying $ 400 (because they were not officially listed anywhere), and started paying only $ 150 a month.

As a result, a huge number of people were left without means of livelihood. Of course, they had some supplies, but they quickly ran out.

And most importantly, the government did not stop paying citizens for their obligations. In other words, people should continue to pay utilities, loans, mortgages, and so on.

There is such a thing as a state of Emergency.
If the government introduces it, the government assumes the obligations of citizens and suspends, for example, the payment of loans or utility payments.

However, Russia decided not to impose a state of Emergency, because the government does not want to help people cope with difficulties.

Instead, they came up with the concept of self-Isolation, which is not even in the Constitution. Then the government should not commit itself.

So it turns out that we are in a state of emergency, but this state has not been officially introduced.

It's very tricky.

A huge number of businesses stop surviving because there is almost no help from the state.

Do you want to know what kind of assistance the state provided to me personally?
62.5 dollars. This is only because I have a child at the age of 1 year.
62.5 dollars!!!

I know that in the United States, Canada, and other countries, the government helps citizens with money - $ 2,000 or so... This is a real help! This help can be felt in your hands.
And what is said on TV in Russia will not help an ordinary person who has lost his job, but who is forced by banks to continue paying off loans.
Do you realize in California, especially in San Jose area, houses cost millions of dollars and people hold huge mortgages, where 2K/month isn't enough to even cover housing?
I'm not sure what's the point of your post.
I haven't seen a dime from the government and even a measly stimulus one-time payment of 1.2K never arrived and not clear when and how I can get it, they're just playing games.
There's plenty of required self-isolation situations in the US too, I can assure you, and this stuff isn't in the US constitution either.

If you think it's more money to be seen here, you can try to move here....but good luck, you'll be up for a big disappointment when you see the price tag on everything, including and especially medical care and housing. In a lot of US states, by the way, 10% or so of people have no medical insurance right now, and many more have such huge co-pays and deductibles that make going to a doctor not worth even trying. "No money trees here in America", like immigrants used to write back home over a century ago.

Also, where do you think US relief money are coming from? US owns the dollar printer, that's where they're from, and inflation will be the consequence - every dime will be paid over back via other losses....from the middle class and poor, not from the rich's pockets for sure.

Last edited by landlock; 04-26-2020 at 10:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose