Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 08:23 PM

5 posts, read 8,350 times

Advertisements

My husband and I currently live in Northern Washington, we are in our late 30's, own horses, dogs (two of each). No children. Enjoy Harleys and active members in the NRA. Don't care for political correctness. Enjoys hanging out with people and nightlife as well. Planning on visiting your city in November, to check it out. Looking for your opinions. Would we be welcome there? And No we are not haters, or rednecks, we just don't care for the B.S. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Raven's Message; 08-29-2010 at 08:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 10:24 PM

475 posts, read 1,268,031 times
Of course, you will be welcome. There Harley riders and hunters in the area. I wouldn't necessarily go thrusting your opinions on everyone, for certainly you will find some who disagree with you. But generally people are pretty much warm and friendly.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:33 PM

Just what we wanted to hear. Thanks for you imput and time.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 PM

Sorry typed to quickly forgot to put "R" in last sentence. I can really spell, oh well.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:41 PM

475 posts, read 1,268,031 times
Default typos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven's Message View Post
Sorry typed to quickly forgot to put "R" in last sentence. I can really spell, oh well.
And you forgot to put the second 'o' in 'too.'

Don't worry. I leave out entire words.

I love to drive around the country and in the last presidential campaign, I (an Obama supporter) drove through some solidly Republican areas. Everyone was friendly.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:39 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,142,569 times
Quote:
You can edit posts. Just click the "Edit" button and fix your spelling whenever you like.

I don't understand why you're worried about Santa Fe and being accepted. Just understand it's liberal territory, and don't go spouting conservative viewpoints if you sense hostility.

I'm middle-of-the-road. I like both sides and think both extreme left and extreme right viewpoints are crazy. And I can shut up when I sense hostility.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:27 PM

Thanks for the suggestion and I'll remember the "Edit" button for future.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:09 PM

529 posts, read 1,326,549 times
Quote:
My husband and I currently live in Northern Washington, we are in our late 30's, own horses, dogs (two of each). No children. Enjoy Harleys and active members in the NRA. Don't care for political correctness. Enjoys hanging out with people and nightlife as well. Planning on visiting your city in November, to check it out. Looking for your opinions. Would we be welcome there? And No we are not haters, or rednecks, we just don't care for the B.S. Thanks for your time.
C'mon down. We sure need more people in SF like you! I can't convince any Texans to move over that are in your category.

If you have all that other stuff though, you'll need a lot of money to buy a place big enough to hold it. It's still pretty expensive here compared to other places.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 PM

332 posts, read 1,036,194 times
Default C'mon over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziasforever View Post
If you have all that other stuff though, you'll need a lot of money to buy a place big enough to hold it. It's still pretty expensive here compared to other places.

Look in areas like Edgewood and Turquoise Trail - larger lots and often outside barns, etc., to store your toys!

I agree with Ziasforever that a little diversity of opinion in and around Santa Fe would be welcomed.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:35 PM

888 posts, read 1,187,590 times
New Mexico and motorcycles are just made for each other, IMO.
Great scenery and miles and miles of open road.
BUT (ain't there always.....a "but"), cell phone coverage can be real iffy in the mountains, so if you have a flat tire, or worse, an accident, things could get ugly.
Also, gas stations are often few and far between in rural New Mexico.
ALWAYS gas up before you go on extended trips, and watch your gas gauge carefully!
LOTS of gravel roads in New Mexico, some good, but most are NOT motorcycle friendly, unless you ride a dirt bike.
In Santa Fe, Red Light running is a sport, so watch those intersections like a hawk, while riding!!
All-in-all, you should really like it here!!

Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe