Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 06:54 PM

974 posts, read 2,348,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suaz View Post
Thank you, GreatSantaFe. These are pretty standard issues. Are there any that you know of related to short-term rentals?
Nope, not that I'm aware of. Lenders are in the business of lending, so if you meet their requirements, I have never run into a problem with an investor's ability to get a loan regardless of whether it's a long-term or short-term rental property. By the way, if you want to buy a property in an association (condo or homeowners), be sure that the covenants allow short-term rentals. Some do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 08:44 AM

336 posts, read 582,372 times
Thank you for your wisdom, GreatSantaFe! That point is very important.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suaz View Post
Thank you for your wisdom, GreatSantaFe! That point is very important.
It sure is suaz. It's surprising to me when buyers don't bother to read the covenants that are part of the title binder, or that their Realtor can get even before an offer is made. Doing so would prevent unwanted surprises and a wasting of time.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:33 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSantaFe View Post
It sure is suaz. It's surprising to me when buyers don't bother to read the covenants that are part of the title binder, or that their Realtor can get even before an offer is made. Doing so would prevent unwanted surprises and a wasting of time.
I was a licensed Real Estate agent in another state 40+ years ago. I/we have bought and sold a few houses over the years. We have inherited two homes in the past. In two of the cases we had an attorney and a "Realtor" to assist us in the "covenants that are part of the title binder". In all cases we used a Realtor or real estate agent or broker.

I have looked at probably 10 or more FSBO's. I will be polite and just say, my time is too valuable to waste on those deals...

Old 09-01-2014, 10:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,129 times
Are short term rentals allowed in Las Campanas?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marr708 View Post
Are short term rentals allowed in Las Campanas?
Las Campanas is not within the city limits, thus it does not fall under the city's short-term rental ordinance. Homeowners in Las Campanas are allowed to rent out their properties.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,129 times
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe