Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 08:36 AM

88 posts, read 283,528 times

Advertisements

Happy New Year everyone!

I need your advice. You know that hubby and I still consider Santa Fe as a possible place to nest and we are really planning to move there. It's taking us a long time to save some money and we're really trying.

Does anyone have a friend or a relative that works at St. John's College? Is it a good place to work in? Heard anything bad about working there? What is it like? I think the benefits package seems to be pretty competitive. The reason I ask is that I saw a job posted there back in September and I think it's still available and no one has been hired. Why would they wait that long?

I've read all I can about it and I still think that since you live in that area, your perspective is more important than anything else I can read.

Thanks for any info you can send my way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 05:23 PM

332 posts, read 1,037,272 times
I had a good friend who used to worked there, (for 4 or 5 years, I think) and loved it. My impression from her, and from the time I interviewed there myself, is there there's an us and them schism between admin staff and academics. Academics of course feel superior ;-} I would suspect that is the same in any college, however, and it didn't seem a serious impediment to my friend, who was on the admin side. And of course it's a lovely place to work - apart from the location, you can take advantage of the teaching and all the ancillary activities.

About the length of time to make an offer - I've no idea but one common problem now is because they made an offer to someone who is having trouble selling their home in order to relocate?

Good luck with the job search!

Old 01-04-2009, 08:09 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,481,040 times
I've always thought of them as a very special school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
View detailed profiles of: